What was the last thing you destroyed on your 610/630?

Discussion in '610/630' started by Kevin2735, Jul 17, 2012.

1. feef Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 Rally spec
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 640 Adventure, FJR1300, BSA M20,
    Since I got the bike in May I've gone through...

1 Left hand rad
    1 Right hand footpeg hanger (and lost a nice Ti peg in the process :( )
    1 Nav-tower
    1 Right hand hand-guard
    1 rear brake lever
    1 speedo cable
    2 headlights (I've since fabricated a nice polycarbonate shield)
    1 set of left hand tank plastics
    2 temp sensors
    1 MAQS sensor
    1 tail light
    1 right hand fork leg protector
    1 exhaust end can (the spare that's on is a bit loud! must fix that for next season)
  2. huskyfan420123 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sms630
    Other Motorcycles:
    rm125/2012 tomos 150 fun times
    my hand gaurds I full tank top heavy turn around couldn't touch the ground the 630 is a great bike but shes a porker
  3. johngil Husqvarna
    A Class

4. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The last thing I destroyed on my 630 was the best thing there was about the bike: the almost immediate quick start whenever I pressed the button. I took the bike for its annual service and when I got it back, I had to keep my finger on the button till I almost expected the battery to pack in. Pulling the start lever was no help. And it´s been like that ever since. Eventually it starts to pop a few times and then I can get it running. Just don´t know what they´ve done to it.
  5. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

Plug not gapped correctly?
  6. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Quite frankly I wouldn't be giving much thought to what they've done to it. I'd go back there with it and politely tell them it wasn't this way before you had them work with it and that you fully expect them to get it sorted. Just be clear w/ them that it's not your problem, it's theirs.
  7. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Think I´v e found it. They´d played around with the JD Tuner and re-set the lower (yellow/blue) buttons. If it´s not that, I´ll take it back. It runs ok. Just won´t start.
  8. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

The JD tuner has nothing to do with starting. The tuner only kicks in after the bikes been running for 5 sec.
  9. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes ... have just found that out. So don´t know what they did. Apart from the lengthy starting process, it takes a short split second to get on the power again after I turn the power back ... especially when going faster (as if it weren´t getting fuel for a second). `Tis a bugger and I´ll have to make an appointment to take it back.
  10. 1lunger Husqvarna
    AA Class

Check the enricher cable were it turns in to the throttle body. Mine got pulled out once and wasn't running right
  11. Rockchucker22 Husqvarna
    A Class

First I busted my kickstand in half, and no I wasn't using it to mount the bike. I went to my wife's family's house for Christmas and went outside for fresh air to see my bike on the ground, kickstand hanging by a thread. And I guess because of the fall my speedo cable quit working. Other than that nothing much has gone wrong with my 610.
  12. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    My left passenger peg bracket sheared off at the upper mounting bolt hole. I use them frequently for standing on long rides. Last ride I stood up and crunch it gave way. Zip tied it to my kickstand so it wouldn't dangle and finished the day's ride by leaning the bike against trees when I dismounted. I plan to weld the brackets up stronger than stock and continue using them in this manner. Much more comfortable for standing at high speed than using the rider pegs.

_
  13. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    My speedo.
    First time i have left the bike sitting outside in heavy rain.Next day the display doesn't read right.
    Pulled it apart and a small amount of water inside.Dried and put back together you still can't read it.Looks like a trailtech will be on order

2014-03-06 13.40.47.jpg 2014-03-04 16.52.03.jpg
  14. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    My right scaphoid...
    [IMG]
  15. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Sorry to read that. How did it happen?
  16. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Trails, wet rocks, street tires... it was graceful and the bike is fine. Thought it was just a bad sprain, this was on July first, no such luck...
  17. IlyaMi4 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 630
  18. Whitfield Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 610 TE
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX TTR TLR DRZ DR-S H-D/MX H-D/SX
    [IMG]

Rear tube. 3rd gear pinned on the rear wheel into a square edge "baby head" sized rock / It jumped out of nowhere right in front of me. Was at @ 25psi attempting to avoid pinch flats. 180 mile day in the VA / WVA Mountains @ 90% off road.
    JonDirt likes this.
  19. Gopher Darbid Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM610
    Before I could even take it on its inaugural ride I fried the MOTY battery it came with :'(