USA RECALL

Discussion in 'TR650' started by johnsweet, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Scott Jones Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    1995 Kawasaki KLR 250 2016 Beta XT
    I got my recall complaint number but haven't yet gotten the confirmation email they're supposed to send.
  2. DJOV Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT 250
    I had a booster plug installed, but the bike stalled anyway starting around 2000mi. I then had a power commander installed and the bike ran great for a week, then went back to stalling. As if the set point is "stall." I agree that I should not have had to spend the time or money to keep my bike safe and running right. I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars... Grateful for the official recall and will continue to put pressure wherever necessary to get the appropriate fix from KTM/BMW!
    DanD and mag00 like this.
  3. DJOV Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT 250
    Glad I'm visiting Cafe Husky - I double checked NHTSA to see that my original complaint was listed (from Oct 2015) and I couldn't find it. I resubmitted a new complaint.
    johnsweet likes this.
  4. DJOV Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT 250
    no. no recall letter yet. Called KTM though and gave them my information - they said they would telephone when they had an update. 1-440-985-3553 KTM has, like, 3 customer service reps for north America though, so I won't cancel plans and wait staring at my phone.
  5. Lomax Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Lots of them
    Tuned in. I have not had any trouble and also have not received a mailing from KTM. I may check with my dealer however.

I called KTM today and found that my owners registration was never changed when I bought the bike. Got that all taken care of but he did not give a real time when letters actually will go out.

Marc
  6. johnsweet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 790R RickmanZ BulsSherpaTs350
    I just called NHTSA and filed a new complaint # 10864373 it's been over 60 days since KTM issued a recall and nothing has happened. I also called Kevin at KTM 1-440-985-3553 and asked him how long before we receive notice to have our motorcycles updated by a dealer, he said they are doing everything in their power to resolve this issue.
    mag00 likes this.
  7. GrumpyShamurai Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    76 XL350 - 74 XL125 - 07 FZ1

I would say 60 days is a lot, however look at the takata air bag recall that is effecting almost every manufacture of cars. 6+ months with no repair in sight on several models. They will figure it out but, I'm sure time is not a factor in their equation yet.
  8. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    All of you who have lodged an NHTSA complaint should ring KTM and NHTSA and demand that BMW Dealer be authorized to check the firmware revision in the machine and where needed update it to the latest firmware version released while they sort out a further update. That will solve 90+% of the problems and from NHTSA perspective reduce the safety risk associated with the stalling caused by the earlier firmware revisions. The cost of them doing so is not even petty cash to either BMW or KTM
    mag00, DeLewis and johnsweet like this.
  9. rride Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada 650, someday
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F650 Strada, Kawasaki Versys 650
    Lol, BMW is the tightest bunch of #*$% there are. KTM is worse or as bad. Good luck on getting anything from either of those 2 chicken chokers. I don't think either of them have a real bright future in motorcycles.

I'd like to see someone get 100k miles on a TR650 since I bet they are a hoot to drive (the KTM beater :)
    Good luck.

10. Johnn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    T4 Moto Guzzi
    Agree, that's why I bought a Husqvarana.:doh:
  11. johnsweet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 790R RickmanZ BulsSherpaTs350
    I just called NHTSA and filed a new complaint # 10864373 it's been over 60 days since KTM issued a recall and nothing has happened. I also called Kevin at KTM 1-440-985-3553 and asked him how long before we receive notice to have our motorcycles updated by a dealer, he said they are doing everything in their power to resolve this issue.

All Canadian and USA owners need to do the same. http://www.safercar.gov/ the more Husqvarna TR650 owners that file a complaint the sooner this stall issue gets resolved, and no one gets squashed. for Canada https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/7/PCDB-BDPP/fc-cp.aspx?lang=eng
    Geeza likes this.
  12. Craig Hashey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    1984 Harley FXWG, 2003 Harley FLSTS

I'm just shy of half way there. 46k
    DeLewis likes this.
  13. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    I just got back from BMW and KTM dealers. My service rep is going to pressktm a bit harder, and my BMW service rep is going to do the same. I need to get the strada updated, and would even send ecu off to do so.
    johnsweet likes this.
  14. Bob McKay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra TR650

I registered a complaint last night to Transport Canada. I did not search the recall database first. Sorry if someone already mentioned this, but there is a Canadian recall in place. A fella named Scott from Transport Canada just called to tell me about the recall in response to me registering the complaint. He was very knowledgeable about the specifics of the issue and said the the fix has indeed been sorted out and that I should receive a letter from KTM within a few months containing instructions on getting the repair. I guess we'll see.
    husky recall.jpg
    DeLewis, LED and johnsweet like this.
  15. riverboy Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 KLR650 , 07 Hammer, 2010 ST1300
    Had a call from Scott at Transport Canada today. KTM informed him that they had a finally had a fix for the recall and would be advising Canadian customers shortly. I would assume the fix is the same for USA, Europe and Australia.
  16. GrumpyShamurai Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    76 XL350 - 74 XL125 - 07 FZ1

Sweet bebejebus, I hope its true. :applause:
  17. Next Strada Demolitionist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    It's weird. I had more issues on my recent trip to the coast with stumbling and stalls than I have in a long time. Mornings were the worst. It will be great to see what the fix is. Let's hope!
  18. TE250Guy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KLR 650, Yamaha XT 225
    I have had both the stumbling and tank Slapper issues. I put on a spoofer but the ECM is wising up to it. I got the Death Wobble/ Tank Slapper on the Dempster and broke 4 ribs in a hard flipover fall. High speed highway travel is dicey. I put on a steering stabilzer and it seems to have tamed that. I think I'll submit a complaint to NTSB on both issues despite my workarounds.
    Bikerdude likes this.
  19. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    The KTM rep told me that they did not know when the fix will be ready and said to "Park the bike" if I was concerned about the stalling.

So according to KTM, the fix is "park your TR650".
    rride and DeLewis like this.
  20. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE

It's easy to be cynical, but what did you expect him to say?
    PaulC likes this.