TE 630? Anyone pick one up yet?

Discussion in '610/630' started by markwoodlief, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Busted RS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630, WR300 '09
    Other Motorcycles:
    DT360A's
    TE 630........... Sswweeeeet

Just had the test ride on my TE 630. Very nice. :thumbsup: Dealer says Cat not fitted, :applause: Lambda is fitted. Slight hesitation occasionally on re-application of throttle after decceleration, it stalled once after 3rd gear decel and clutch application, BUT, eng is tight and lean, it still pulls strongly and smootly into the revs. Idle is high and fluctuating, (my guess it's lean). Gear spacing is good. Ergo's for me are spot on. (178cm) Seat is firm but plenty of padding depth.
    I also rode the Orange 690 prior to this and the TE 630 for me feels much better, quicker steering, lighter under motion, more natural ergo's.

Should have it at home tommorrow and will update as things progress.
  2. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Gofor it! Idle settles down afte a while. Mine stalled a few times at first too ... but now OK. If it´s still got the original exhaust, it´ll still have the Cat. Think the first (and cheapest thingto do is to fit the plug and undo the Lambda sensor. Didn´t like the Orange either. Have fun!

Attached Files:

3. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I spooned on some Motoz tires last night (man, that's a LOT of work in 90 degree heat + humidity).

I hopped on this morning for the ride to work (about 90% gravel roads if I choose that route) and discovered a flat tire. I must have pinched a tube :(
  4. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
  5. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Well hell, I like that. I was struggling with the opposite side. It looks like you can just pry the other side off of the opposite side of the rim and push it off! I was trying to pull both beads off of the same side of the rim.
  6. BrandonR Husqvarna
    A Class

7. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    The Motoz tires aren't DOT, but they're every bit as stiff as my OEM DOT tires.
  8. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'll bet they even use tire warmers too. The only time I've had one go that easy was fixing a flat on the trail while the tire was "HOT". I've even thought of buying a warmer just to change tires at home.
  9. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I just pulled my rear tire off and replaced the tube and rim tape. It really was as easy as the video shows. A LOT better than yesterday.
  10. Jodiesel Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
  11. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Not OEM, anyway. The rims are drilled for them, though. They aren't really necessary unless you're interested in running really low tire pressures, if I understand it correctly.
  12. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    MPG after the lambda removal kit installation has dropped by about 6-8 MPG.
  13. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

what does that actually equate to?
  14. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    45-ish MPG.
  15. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

630SM (in city traffic, hot weather and pushing it), without the converter and with the speed kit (twin Arrows & plug): 6.6 L/100km = 35.6 US MPG (I hope I´ve converted it right).

Think I could even get less MPG if I really wanted.
  16. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

LOL, Yes I believe you are right. When people claim to get 55 on the 610 I really wonder how it's even possible.

I have tried to run a tank as calmly and slowly as I could to see what the 'best case' mileage is.

I've never been able to do it:lol: I ALWAYS forget the test after a day or two and end up catching myself in a wheelie or drifting through a turn on a gravel road.:doh:
  17. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I'm pretty easy on my bikes, for the most part.
  18. BrandonR Husqvarna
    A Class

Staying under 5k during the breakin period and sticking to mostly 55mph roads I got 59mpg on my 610. I don't know what it is right now though I haven't filled it at the pump lately but my rear tire is done at 1400 miles. :)
  19. edeslaur Husqvarna
    AA Class

Toss your tire out in the sun 20-30 minutes before you start. In the winter, I lay the tire down on the ground and stick a small space heater in it to warm it up. Well, not the Husky knobblies, they go on pretty easy (MT21, Michelin Desert, D606, etc.) - but my streetbike tires...

The MoPro tire spoons are VERY nice. I used steel tire irons in the past, but then I was convinced to try a set of the Motion Pro spoons. I'm amazed how much nicer the Motion Pro spoons are (the ones with the loop in the handle the guy in the video used). Disclaimer - I know some of the guys at MoPro. But if their stuff stunk I would still say so (or at least not recommend it!). :cool:

I'm not down to 10 minute tire changes, but it's pretty quick. I use a 5 gallon bucket as my "tire stand" - the sprocket/rotor go right into the hole and I don't have to worry about bending the rotor.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I bet if you drop CO1 on iBeat you will gain it back.