TE 630? Anyone pick one up yet?

Discussion in '610/630' started by markwoodlief, Jun 17, 2010.

1. markwoodlief Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE 501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas XC300
    Any real reviews of the TE 630 yet? I dont mean editor's that are paid to do the reviews, but someone that went picked one up, started farkling, modding, etc.

Worthy bike? Compared to a KTM 690 how does it fare?

I looked at one at Tasky's in Everett a few days ago and am intrigued. I have a 450 for the serious dirt work, but am looking to replace my 950 adventure with something maybe a bit more nimble but still street worthy.

looks to be about 10k out the door.. so comparable to the orange 690
  2. kingsqueak Husqvarna
    B Class

Should be low 9's OTD price. I got that quote from two different local dealers.

A few guys juuuust got theirs over on advrider.com, no real reports yet.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    4st -> 610/630 forum...
  4. markwoodlief Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE 501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas XC300
    sorry coffee.. totally missed that.. :banghead:
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It really is ok. I just thought people that bought the 630 would be looking in this forum. We are a laid back bunch. :)

You may get lucky and get WoodsChicks input. I believe they have both the KTM 690 and a SM610.
  6. K7MDL Husqvarna
    A Class

Rode the DirtyFace in Lake Wenatchee today. Saw a couple 510s, a 450, a 310, and a TE630. I never saw the TE630 rider though. The bike was spotted at the start and the gas station, but it never had a rider. Mysterious. These things have autopilot on them apparently.

Had a damper installed on my TE610 for the first time, really nice improvement.
  7. mlyamkaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm the Mysterious rider... Was busy having an energy drink (Coors Light) at the gas stop. Bike is OK, I am not thrilled with the power, needs to be woken up a bit. Was a great ride at the Dirty Face. I liken the power to a KLR, maybe a tad more. Not like my KTM 525 or even the 300. Was hoping for a wheelie monster, but that isn't happening, unless a new pipe may wake it up. I did the remap plug, removed the Oxygen sensor so far. Took out the plastic thingy from the airbox.
    It is a good dual sport bike, but I won't be giving up my KTM for the fast stuff. Have about 900 miles on the bike so far. Never ridden the 690, so can't compare it to that. I think I like the 950 KTM better if you had to make a choice, but this one suits what I bought it for, in between my 300, and my 1200 GSA for touring. I would just like more power...
  8. markwoodlief Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE 501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas XC300
    thanks tons for real world experience!!:thumbsup:
  9. mlyamkaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

And I might add that my 16 year old daughter has been ridinng the 630, if that says anything. I have an XT 225 for the wife and kid, when we ride together, I ride the GSA, and my daughter can handle the 630 for the dirt roads and highway. It has a low seat height, which is good for shorter people. I wouldn't put her onthe 525 or 300.
    The seat is a board, I can't believe that is improved over previous models. It is just like the KTM seat. Def needs some extra padding. After all that, I am happy with the bike, just want to give some honest feedback.
  10. markwoodlief Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 FE 501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas XC300
    WOW.. 16 yo girl bike.. hmm.. think I'll start looking for 690/990 stuff..
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You 3 WA guys give any thought to getting together and comparing notes in person? Or even get someone with a well tuned 610 involved for a comparison?

Bikes are a little expensive to be basing everything off words typed on the internet - if you have the option of replacing that with real world experiences.
  12. Tagati Husqvarna
    AA Class

There is something seriously wrong with this.
    A Klr makes 43hp a KTM690 makes 63hp and a 630 is supposed to make 64hp isn't it? :excuseme:. I would be taking it straight back to the dealer if I were you.

I like you, have been waiting for this bike for almost a year and if it only makes slightly more power than the KLR I had then I don't want the thing and will go find a used 610. And I will be really REALLY pissed that I went a year without a bike only to end up getting the old model
  13. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My 630 SM arrived last week. Can understand the disparaging remarks ... BUT: the 630 is NOT a 510. I need my bike for daily use. To get to work, in urban traffic and without too much hassle. My first choice was a 570 Berg but am unable to take on the level of servicing required. As far as I can see, there´s no alternative to the Husky 630 and I´ve never owned a bike that I didn´t fettle until I was satisfied. There´s not much Husqvarna could do about the recent environmental regulations, so it´s not ever going to be a competition bike. But there´s a lot that can be done, once it´s in the stable. Just hope that a tuning kit appears on the market soon and that the carbon benders come up with some goodies.
  14. LRPct Husqvarna
    AA Class

By now most people should know that Huskies are known for taking quite awhile to loosen up esp the 610's so I wouldn't be surprised if the 630 is the same. Even after the PU my 610 was only good for 2nd gear wheelies, after a couple THOUSAND miles, finally loosened up and 4th gear wheelies. Now with a 14T CS, it's 5th gear wheelies.. No need to worry, PU it up and rack up the miles, every one that goes by, I bet it'll get stronger..
  15. Tagati Husqvarna
    AA Class

I hope that is true of the 630 as well. My last bike was a 08 KLR and I put 22000km on that in 8 months.I am looking at the 630 because I wanted more performance than the KLR had in both suspension and motor. I am sure I will rack up K's on the 630 just as fast.
  16. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Hated the power on my 610TE when it was new--after my 1000km service i did the O2 conversion with a arrow slip on. Was tons better and now that she has 8000-Hassle Free kilometers on--she kicks ass IMHO. Not my 450Te but hell i love the bike to bits.
    I cant see that the 630TE can be so flat --must be something wrong--
    Would be great as Coffee says --test it against a 610 TE with mods on :thumbsup:
  17. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Does the new TE630 and revised injection system have a throttle stop like the other TE's when new and in non-power up mode that must be removed to get full throttle opening?
  18. zoomdude57 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 200XC-W
    Maybe my expectations are low, but my 09 610 without the PU kit, but with a Leo Vince runs great. A bit of a stumble just off idle, but smooth power after that and reasonable MPG (52-54mpg). I like the tractable power and the bike still has a kick at higher rpm. Again, might not know what I am missing....
  19. kingsqueak Husqvarna
    B Class

My 08 610 has a _world_ more power than my 2001 KLR had and I only have 1800 miles on it so far (had 1400 when I picked it up a couple weeks ago). I haven't put it on a dyno, likely won't but the KLR has about 34HP at the wheel.

Mine starts taking off at 4k RPM or so and pulls smooth to the limiter too. I still haven't put the Power Commander on yet, but I'm very curious how it will be once I get the fueling all sorted out.
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I agree.
    Getting with other people to ride bikes sounds fun to me. :)
    And you seem to be in WA too! :thumbsup:

As everyone likes to say these days, just an idea. :)

Possibly meet at a dealer or get one involved? They seem to like people to visit their shops, and of course purchase things if appropriate.

:cheers: