TE 630? Anyone pick one up yet?

Discussion in '610/630' started by markwoodlief, Jun 17, 2010.

1. kevinperry Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda XL250R
    For sure...sketchy on the highways with the knobbies , but a completely diff bike with the sumo setup on...much better on pavement for road rides with the roadie friends!
  2. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

But sthe 630 is faster!
  3. kevinperry Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda XL250R
    Well guys ...I have 5000k's on the 630 now ...1 set of knobbies burned off and one set of dunlops burned off my sumo rims . How many k's or miles do you guys have now ???

KP
  4. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I'm at around 1500 miles. The Karoos are long gone and I'm about through a Motoz rear. The Motoz front has quite a bit of life left in it yet.
  5. Tagati Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know this is going to be a big can-O-worms, bit...

Whats the word on the best way to run in a new 630?
  6. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I just ran it in according to the manual and the sticker on the bike. Basically:

1. Let it warm up good before you ride.

2. Don't run the RPMs up high.

3. Vary the RPMs throughout the ride; don't just get out on the highway and cruise.

4. Do all that for the first 4 hours.
  7. T Stretch Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi, I just purchased the 2011 TE630 on 8/12/10. Prior to that I owned a 2008 Yamaha XT250. My brother inlaw has the KTM 530 EXC which I have rode. I have never been on a 690 which was on my shopping list. I purchased the bike from MotoXotica in Vacaville, CA. Dan is a great guy to work with. Stock gearing is 15 front, 42 rear. The 610 came with 15/45. I put on the 14 front before taking it out of the shop because I wanted it geared lower for the trails. I have been on the hiway and I have been on the trails since purchase. What a change from a little 250. The bike has alot of power and torque. More than my brother inlaws KTM 530 EXC, however, I can definetly notice the weight difference. I plan to ride more street than trail so that does not bother me. This bike can easily do most of the trails that I want to ride and more. If you want to ride more aggressive, get a dirt bike.
  8. T Stretch Husqvarna
    B Class

I am a new TE630 owner, new dual sport rider as well. I put on a 14 tooth front sprocket, still have the stock 42 on the rear. The 14 helped. Have you done any mod's on the gearing? Do you have any input to share as well. I am concerned that if I gear it too low, it won't be good on the Hwy.
  9. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I haven't messed with the gearing.
  10. T Stretch Husqvarna
    B Class

The TE630 comes stock with 15 front sprocket and 42 rear sprocket. Prior TE610 was 15/45. Do know why the change? I put on a 14 front at time of purchase, and would like to go to the 45 rear which I think would really help in the dirt. However, I am concerned it will riding at too high of rpm on the Hwy. Currently I am at 4500 at 65 mph and it is around 5100 rpm between 70-75mph. Any thoughts?
  11. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    It depends on what you're after. You mentioned that you were going to ride more street than trail. That being the case, I'd leave the gearing alone.
  12. willie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    14/45 works best for me but I rarely cruise faster than 70 mph. I think they went 15/42 for emissions and noise purposes. Revs. are not an issue other than extra vibration at higher speeds. Like jtemple said, gear it to suit your needs. Love the nice wide ratio 6 speed. Miles ahead of my DRz400.
  13. T Stretch Husqvarna
    B Class

New to Cafe husky

Just purchased TE630. Like it very much. I originally posted I put on a 14 front sprocket at time of purchase. I didn't think the gearing was low enough so today I drove to MoyoXotica for the first oil change and put on a 45 rear. Definitely more low end. Still concerned about HWY rpm. Now it is closer to 5000 rpm at 65mph. Is that high for this bike? It does not feel to bad. My other concern is vibration/wheel wobble at around 68 - 70 mph. Any suggestions?
  14. kevinperry Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    1982 honda XL250R
    Ballance your tires or change them out try maybe a set of Kenda K270's ....they seem a decent comprimise between on/off road. My bike had a bad wobble to ...I chalked it up to tires not meant to go that fast !
  15. T Stretch Husqvarna
    B Class

Thanks, I could of had them balanced today but the cost to take off the tires and balance them, I decided to wait until I was ready for new tires. My last Yamaha 250 had Michelin T63's and I liked them. Not sure what to put on this bike as it is bigger.
  16. T Stretch Husqvarna
    B Class

Did you do the Power Up Kit? My bike seemed to run better today after the 1st oil change they put it on the computer and made some minor adjustments. I had the same problem as others with it wanting to stall and hard to start.
  17. Tagati Husqvarna
    AA Class

I got mine today. It's going to be a great weekend :thumbsup:
    [IMG]
  18. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Get that power up kit in there ASAP. :D
  19. Sparrowhawk Husqvarna
    AA Class

You don't have to spend much money for balancing tires if you are even a little handy with simple tools. I made this setup with some used skateboard bearings, some nuts and bolts, a couple of scrap metal sheets, and jack stands. I had the jack stands so the total cost was about $8. You can get stick-on weights at any tire shop. Mine just gave me about ten, which has been enough for about four tires.

[IMG]
  20. SA63 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 510, 500 auto , 86 510
    I have balanced the front wheel on the bike, just pull out the brake pads from the caliper and itll spin freely. Never worried about the back but could the same with removing the chain and pads. You may need to back off the axle nut to free things further