TE 630? Anyone pick one up yet?

Discussion in '610/630' started by markwoodlief, Jun 17, 2010.

1. T Stretch Husqvarna
    B Class

The original FI settings on the computer were set at 100. They adjusted mine to 105 on the first setting, 102 on the second, and left the rest alone. It seems to be working fine. But, when I get my first set of tires I will have the Power Up installed.
  2. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Update on my oil pump leak - Hall's is sending me replacements for everything associated with the leak, including a new clutch cover.

As it sits right now, I have enough gasket sealer gooped on there that the leak is all but gone. You get a bit of a shiny spot on your finger when you swipe it around the oil pump cover, but there's no layer of oil on the lower part of the engine like there was.

When the parts get here, I'll swap them out. That should fix it right up!
  3. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Sorry, haven't checked in on the oil leak in a while. Hall's sent me all brand new parts from the clutch cover out. The only thing I re-used was the oil pump itself. The leak is now gone. It cost me several quarts of oil (but I always had fresh oil in my bike) and some time, but not a single dollar in parts. Thanks Hall's!
  4. flyingbeard Husqvarna
    B Class

Hi Guys,

I am a Husky Noob, I heard about this site on Advrider and thought I would join and try to learn a thing or two about Husqvarna motorcycles. I just bought a 2011 TE630, It was a dealer/press demo bike and had 150 miles when I got it. The canister and O2 sensor have already been removed. The bike starts easy and is smooth, so I am hoping that runs well. Also, I didn't get a operators manual with the bike, the dealer is going to try and get me one, but in the mean time, is there any place I can find it online? Thanks

flyingbeard
  5. flyingbeard Husqvarna
    B Class

Jtemple sent me all the information I needed. Thanks
    jtemple likes this.
  6. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The manual is on a computer stick and I don´t think there´s a printed version available. Your dealer should be able to make you a CD of his copy.
  7. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Glad to help. :)
  8. grusomkis Husqvarna
    B Class

I got the manual on a computer stick, and as a book when i got my bike. The dealer also copied the workshop manual into the computer stick for me :)
  9. joe Husqvarna

I just picked up my te 630,two days ago.its my first bike sence i stoped raceing 15 years ago. so im very happy right now.i paid 7,800 for it.my brother dought one at the same time,so its been a great week.
  10. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

LOL, REALLY great week for the dealer [IMG]

Seriously though that seems like a very decent price, please post back how you like it. I love my 610, too much to trade her for a 630 but I'm definitely liking the 630 a lot.
  11. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    My clutch master cylinder has been leaky. At first, it was the reservoir cover. A new gasket fixed that. Now the plunger in the lever is leaking. I think Hall's is going to warranty the whole master cylinder. I'll find out next week.
  12. KLOC Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had the same problem ... clutch master leaked like a sieve at the plunger.
    Replaced under warranty.
  13. NumberCruncher Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am a long time Husky dirt bike rider about to buy a new dual sport. I am looking at a DR650 for cost/simplicity but I'd love to stay in the Husky family.

It does sound like these bikes need the power up kit to run properly. I hate to say it but the Mikuni EFI system is just lousy compared to the Keihin on the new TE's and about every other bike out there. My 2008 TE250/TE310 ran okay once tweaked but why can't Husky get EFI right with the Mikuni setup?

This won't be a single track bike as I have my 2009 TXC250 for that. I really need 120 miles from the tank and it sounds like that is not realistic once powered up. What are the cargo carrying options for the bike? I want to be able to have two saddle bags, (panniers??) on the back of the bike for storage and overnight trips.

This bike will be for fireroades/exploration and will see a bunch of street use in order to get to such places. I am tired of hauling a TE/TXC and unloading for a couple hours exploration and then loading back up for a an hour or two drive back to a hotel.

Any new/additional thoughts are appreciated.

BTW, how is the seat height compared to a new TE? Hopefully at least two inches shorter. I can't seem to find specs on the Husky page.

NC
  14. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    ^ I get 40+ mpg at spirited riding with p/u. With 3.17 gallon tank that will get you 120+ miles. Seat height is 36.61" according to specs. Sure they run crummy down low before p/u, but that is only about a $40 fix for the p/u parts. The twin pipes could cause some mounting issues for saddle bags, but surely it's doable. I have a friend with a current gen. (wait, they are all the same, lol) DR 650 and he was saucer eyed and taking phone pics of my 630. IDK where I am going with that, but ick, a DR that is 1980's tech over a sweet Husqvarna TE 630. The bottom end and the top end of the 630 motors have both proven the test of time. I think Husky hit the nail on the head with mating the 2 together.
  15. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Installed my new master cylinder a couple of weeks ago. Leaks are gone.
  16. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I ride mine to work a lot. It's an 8 mile trip and takes about 10-15 minutes. A good part of it is down a straight stretch of highway at 60 mph. With mostly commute riding, my low fuel light comes on at about 105 miles, like clockwork. If I fuel up right away, I'm usually putting about 2.5-2.7 gallons in to the 3.1 gallon tank at that point. Shooting low, that puts me at about 42 mpg.

For trips, I also carry a 1L Primus fuel bottle along, which is probably good for another 10-12 miles.

For storage, I have a Giant Loop Coyote/Fandango setup. This stuff is built well. I'm taking it along for a ride from Nebraska to Pikes peak, and I expect to fit all of my tools and clothing into it pretty easily. We are going to stay in motels so we don't have to haul camping gear along with us. Here is a picture of the bags on my bike:

[IMG]

I have used the bags for local rides, and they stay put and do not get in the way while you ride. So far, I have only packed tools & tubes into them, but there is a lot of extra room. The compression straps are also very long, so if you had to, you could use them to strap more stuff on the outside of the bags.
  17. NumberCruncher Husqvarna
    AA Class

I agree about how oudated the DR is but it is also about 3k cheaper and has more flexibility when it comes to mounting bags. I'll check a Husky out this weekend and make my mind up in another week or so.

NC
  18. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I posted this in another thread and thought it should go here...

Here's a rundown of all the things I've had wrong with my 630:

1. Loose ignition switch bolts
    I actually lost one on the road somewhere and had to buy another. I threw some Loctite on them and tightened them back down. No problems since.

2. Oil pump cover leak
    Several gasket and cover replacements later, the only thing that worked was to replace the entire clutch cover and oil pump cover with new parts. All parts were supplied under warranty.

3. Clutch master cylinder cover leak
    New reservoir membrane, warranty replacement.

4. Clutch master cylinder piston leak
    New master cylinder, warranty replacement.

5. Clutch pushrod "tech update" (not technically a recall, but similar)
    New clutch pushrod, warranty replacement.

6. Gauge cluster not water tight
    My gauge had what appeared to be some condensation in it when I received the bike. Hall's told me it should dry up, and it seemed to. A recent ride in heavy rain brought the "condensation" back, which turned out to be a gauge cluster that's not water tight. My gauges are currently useless, and I'm relying on my GPS for a speedometer/tripometer right now. New gauges are on the way, warranty replacement.

I have to be honest with you, up until this point I have only owned Japanese sportbikes. I had to do nothing to them except change the oil and mod them to my liking. This bike has had more failures (and fewer miles) than any bike I have ever owned. However, they have all been very easy to fix. Even at 450 miles away, my dealer (Hall's Cycles) has been very supportive and quick to get me the parts.

My 630 hasn't been without it's issues. But, my experience with Hall's and the bike has been great and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Husky.
  19. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wanted to comment regarding 630 issues that jtemple just described.i am well aware that he is fond of his te 630 inspite of the issues he has had,that can be determined by his posts on the many dirtbike forums he visits.i am also a real fan of these bikes.unlike many dealers we sold a lot of them.so far we have sold 7 te630s and 1 sm 630.the bike is just a great all around dual sport.it is everything a te 510 or a kaw klr 650 is not!as for the reliability of the bike we have had no warranty claims on 630s.not any on sold units,not any claims prior to the sale.nada,zip zilch.that is outstanding based on my experience in this business.all the bikes we have sold have been to people in our area and i am sure i would have heard back from them regarding failures.i would stongly recommend a 630 to any one that likes to ride!at the present pricing that is avail with the great finance terms it is hard to find reasons not to have a 630 in your garage.if you are considering purchasing some 20 year old yet new Japan 650,drz 400 or ultra pricey KTM 690 over a 630 my guess is you must have a close relative that owns the respective dealership.My advise is to get a 630.Buy in confidence and enjoy it[IMG]
  20. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The present pricing on the 630 has pushed a few of us over the edge here in MN. Even my girlfriend is on her way today to negotiate the purchase of a new white SM 630. Very impressed so far with the bike. Giving them an easy break-in now and building up the farkle list.

First tank of fuel netted 47 mpg with power up kit installed and riding 30 mph to 75 mph on the freeway. The gearbox has shorter throws than my TE510 and they hydro clutch seems smoother and easier to pull. The bike can idle along at 75 mph all day long and is very smooth with the karoos on the tarmac. I see a set of super moto wheels/tires, rear tail rack , hand guards, skid plate, Zumo GPS mount, license plate mount and exhaust in my future. Have already fitted the Rox Stompa pegs from the TE510 on which are night and day over the stockers. Also removed the restrictive plastic air box mess behind the air filter.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]