TE 630? Anyone pick one up yet?

Discussion in '610/630' started by markwoodlief, Jun 17, 2010.

1. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I rode a DR650 for 8 yrs and 23k miles. I modded the crap out of it...suspension, tires, carb, plastic tank lost 20 lbs of weight etc. it was a good relaible bike and i even enduro raced it once and finished!

The SM610 I now have is was higher perfoming for sure.

More maintenance though.
  2. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Have now done over 7.500 kms on my 2010 630 SM (including winter in the snow). Am on my second set of tyres.

here´s a rundown on all the things that have gone wrong:-

Nothing!
  3. Ketek Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah same here. No problems so far, only thing damaged was the temp sensor. That was my fault though because I accidently aimed the pressure washer on it :rolleyes:

But.. 2nd set of tyres? :eek: How do you do that? I've ordered my 4th rear tyre now. And I'm at 5000 km :thinking:
  4. mlyamkaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've got 2700 miles on my TE 630 now. No problems.
  5. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

`Cos I can´t count. Tis the third rear and second front.
  6. pinocono Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've had my TE630 for a couple weeks now, and I'm digging the hell out of it.

It stalled on me a couple times on the ride home from the dealer, didn't really notice a surging problem, but I was varying the RPM's and speeds on the 30 mile ride home. At any rate, the PU kit solved those issues. Installed that, removed the maze from the air box, and that's about it for now. Oh, also added a skid plate. I may make a slight gearing change, but going to wait on that for now.

Went to Hungry Valley OHV park last weekend, my first time in the dirt on 2 wheels in some 25 years. Last dual sport bikes I had were called enduros, a Yamaha CT1, and a Honda XL100. I was about 40 lbs. lighter then too. The 630 was a lot of fun, and very forgiving. The bike is much better than my skill set at this time, but I plan on working on that. This bike is just a kick in the butt.

Plans for the future? I think I've settled on the Dirt-Bagz setup, which Ed says should be out within 60 days or so. I was really tempted by the GL Coyote, but I think the Dirt-Bagz will be more versatile for me to use for commuting, etc. Probably add Rox risers, as I'm 6'-3" and it's a stretch. Seat Concepts is on my wish list as well.

[IMG]
  7. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

We gave the 630's another shake-down ride today.. about 190 miles. This consisted of 100 miles of pavement, some sandy dirt roads, two track, a bit of single track and some "make your own trail". This ride really allowed us to determine the capability or limitations of the TE630. My friend that purchased a TE630 is coming off a Hayabusa and this is only his 2nd ride in the dirt. His dirt skills have really progressed with just two rides and his Hayabusa is for sale.

I've now farkled my bike with:
    P/U kit
    Up-Tite Skid plate
    Leo VInce Ti single exhaust
    Highway Dirt Bike handguards/mirors
    Roc-Stompa foot pegs
    Zumo 550
    Rear Husqvarna tail rack - (on order)

We also ran a comparison up to 95mph with the stock exhaust and Leo Vince single Ti system with both bikes in P/U mode. Found out right away that the Leo bike is running lean with the large diameter sparky in since the stock system bike would inch away in acceleration after about 60 mph at high RPMs. I'm going to install the smaller diameter sparky to impede the exhaust flow of the Leo system and see if that eliminates the lean fuel metering at higher rpm.. If this does not work an additional fuel management system will have to be installed to richen up the fuel metering. Both bikes are very comparable with respect to fuel economy- generally in the mid to upper 40's.

The two different sparky's delivered with the Leo system.

[IMG]

A few photos (sorry camera phone only) of the TE630's on the two-track surfaces.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The bikes were very agile on the single track and were really only limited by the stock karoo tires.

[IMG]

[IMG]

We then spent some time navigating an old overgrown logging trail..

[IMG]

[IMG]

Happened to run into the "Ponderosa" and asked Ben Cartwright if we could rest our horses at his ranch for a bit:)

[IMG]
  8. AussieRidin Husqvarna
    B Class

G'day to all, this is my first post. Does anyone have TE630 fuel consumption figures for light/medium offroad riding-with power up kit installed? I'm trying to work out my theoretical range for off road touring.

Prior to installing the power up kit I achieved around 5l/100km (~20 km/l or ~47 mpg) during freeway riding and 6l/100km (~16.7km/l or ~39.3 mpg) during dirt road touring.

Since having the power up kit installed, it runs sooooo much better it's like a different bike, but my fuel consumption has increased significantly more than I expected-for example on the weekend I went for a pretty hard ride offroad and got 10.5l/100km (~9.5 km/l or ~22.3 mpg) ouch...that doesn't get me far on a 12l tank!!

I havent had a chance to measure fuel consumption on a 'gentle' offroad ride- i.e at long range touring pace.

I would greatly appreciate feedback form other folks regarding their TE 630 fuel consumption info as a comparison.

Pic of my bike from weekend ride (NSW, Australia) attached! IMG_4621.JPG
  9. BrandonR Husqvarna
    A Class

22.3 sounds awfully low, something seems wrong. The 610 gets 40+ or so in power-up mode, closer to 60 in stock mode. The fact that your stock mileage was sub-50 tells you something isn't right with the bike.. or maybe you really thrash it :)
  10. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    22.3 does sound wickedly low. I get about 38-40 mpg on mine, even with iBeat settings turned up to 106% across the board. Elevation does have an impact. The higher I get the better mileage I seem to get.
  11. ContraHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

I was wondering...with the JD on-bike system, couldn't we set our bikes a little lean for highway miles, then richen them up at the trailhead...go back lean for the ride home?
  12. AussieRidin Husqvarna
    B Class

I wouldn't think that I ride it any harder than the average rider. I will do a few more measurements over the next few weeks (commuting in city traffic) and double check, then discuss with the dealer. Thanks all for your input :thumbsup:
  13. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've found riding sand and twisting the right hand will move allot of fuel from the tank quicker than normal.