SWM in the USA

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Cousins - Cagiva, etc' started by Original Dirt, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    robertaccio, Johnrg and Norman Foley like this.
  2. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
  3. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    robertaccio and Norman Foley like this.
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    robertaccio likes this.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Norman Foley, Herb and Original Dirt like this.
  6. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I have thought the same thing.

SWM has a stable of great bikes and a new factory after the chips fell the way they did. :popcorn:
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    interesting stuff.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I once rode one of these , or one very similar, north of Catania, Sicilia
    SWM RS125.jpg
    water racer, Herb and Norman Foley like this.
  9. Herb Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB400 four, CRF250L, XL250R

SWM 250cc Regolarita' "Silver Vase" Sachs engine :) ca. 1976

SWM-250-SILVER.jpg

SWM 125cc Sachs.jpg SWM 125 CROSS_jpg.jpg .
    Norman Foley and robertaccio like this.
  10. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Pete Vetrano is headed to Italy early today. If all of his connections go smoothly, by 10am EDT tomorrow he will have finished his first day of conferences with SWM and we will have some details to share. He has a long list of questions that we have accumulated, and hopefully the answers will be interesting.
  11. PaulD Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr250( sold)
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Sprint RS. Honda TRX300EX Be
    Reminds me of my 1977 Herculese 125ISDT. Put one of the first Lectrons on it and the bike was transformed! It actually idled and could run at lower RPM's. The original Bing was WFO only and fouled a plug about every 10 minutes!
    Herb likes this.
  12. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    After two flight delays, Pete arrived in Milan 11 hours late, so today's meeting have been pushed back until Thursday. No SWM news today !
    LandofMotards likes this.
  13. Herb Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    That double exhaust on the new Enduro 300 makes no sense to me ... Why add 4+ lbs for nothing? Keep it simple ...

I really like the "Silver Vase" 440 though, it could be a good seller in the US where many are looking for that classic 70's Honda look. Would buy that one in a heartbeat. That Gold, Red and Chrome combination is a killer (the gold-brown version is ugly).

Price in Italy right now = € 5.400 (ca. $ 6100).

Tired of the Ducatis with postage stamp sized seat. Moto Guzzi V7 weighs a ton. Pete I will buy the 1-st 440 SV you get in :) .

. swm silver vase 440.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv3WQF_n1x8
    454x likes this.
  14. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    We have been told that the reason for dual exhaust pipes on the singles is to meet the new stringent EU sound regulations. Ya know, pretty much everyone in the US is going to replace with a single muffler set up. Pete was able to meet with Scalvini in Milan yesterday late afternoon and evening at dinner, may have discussed Scalvini pipe options at that time. I expect to to hear from Pete between 11am and 1pm EDT. Update will follow.
    454x likes this.
  15. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    I don't really have a huge problem with the duals I mean CRF 250s and now 450s have them.... if you don't want duals replace there are a few options
  16. Herb Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    that rear section is probably/basically the previous red husky SM subframe with the standard SM duals. glad Pete is seeking a single option for our market. Perhaps the production line can have them "Just In Time" built to US spec and other export spec that allow for the different set ups.
    PS the author of this post on the RS300R SoCal hi-dez photo credit to Pietro Ambrosioni
    amb-6750.jpg
    454x, Herb and LandofMotards like this.
  18. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I just received a couple of texts from Pete 1:30PM EDT (6:30pm in IT). He was driving with his long time worldwide marketing partner Gian Boni (Wind Trading SRL) on their way to GB's hose and then out to dinner. Pete says the meetings went well and he will call tomorrow with lots of info, but dinner with GB is almost an all nighter...wine...dinner...more wine...more food..etc LOL. So, he does not expect to be able to call me until Friday. Gian Boni was responsible for linking SWM with Moto Man Distributing (Pete).
    LandofMotards and robertaccio like this.
  19. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    I talked to Pete in Milan for 1.5hrs today. We went over so much stuff that I'll have to digest it while organizing and analyzing my thoughts to be able to put down coherent sentences. Hopefully that will be by tomorrow. Short version #1. sample 2017 US destined models with analytics provided by SWM and their suppliers for DOT/EPA/CARB certification should arrive some time next month in 500cc and 650cc configurations.

Then we wait and begin to project our orders for 1stQ 2017 production. We're hoping to get some dealer(?) input along the way to aid in those decisions. No expectations on the availability of RS300Rs before late Winter 2017. Do not expect any 440s in the US for 2017 M Y. All SWMs will be built to order from us as well as the rest of the world, no running production of units that would result in major left over stock from factory production. SWM assembles most everything in the Milan factory, almost all components are outsourced from veteran IT Husky/SWM suppliers. Almost no component manufacturing in house remains the same manufacturing/assembling model that they have used for many years.

When I think of more I will post it . Questions ask and I will try to answer them.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  20. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Why the wait for the 300? Same engine sleeved down as the 500 isn't it? If so why don't they bump it to 350 n make a 450 too for variety. Not much else would change from 300-500 aside from displacement would it?

Hound em for 2 strokes too!!!:)