SWM in the USA

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Cousins - Cagiva, etc' started by Original Dirt, Mar 14, 2016.

1. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
  2. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Two more dealers added today:
    Smart Auto & Cycle
    17503 Storage Rd.
    Omaha, NE 68136
    402-715-4637

We All Ride of Santa Cruz
    2636 S Rodeo Gulch Rd
    Soquel, California 95073
    831-465-9279
    NYCMX and Huskynoobee like this.
  3. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    NYCMX and Kam1 like this.
  4. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    The "Super Duals" X(21/18) & T(19/17) versions will leave the SWM factory this week. Once on a ship the ETA to Long Beach, CA is 30 days. All USA approvals for 50 state compliance are on hand. Also in the container of the SD series bikes is a single RS300R for submission to the testing protocols in the USA.
    Huskynoobee and Johnrg like this.
  5. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Great bike! I like the sound of this!
  6. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    SWM "Super Dual" SD-X and SD-T bikes are being shipped to USA dealers today. 06.17.19. These 600cc Adventure bikes are based upon the RS650 (600cc) series bikes produced by SWM since 2016. The "X" version comes with a 21"/18" wheel/tire set, while the "T" version is fitted with the more street/tour 19"/17" wheel/tire set. Both bikes are fitted with Michelin tires.
    cyclopathic likes this.
  7. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Super Dual "X" pictured. [IMG]
    rancher1 likes this.
  8. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Super Dual "T"[IMG]
    PaulD likes this.
  9. cyclopathic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Which tires are OEM on US bikes, not Metzler?
    PaulD likes this.
  10. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Both USA versions of the SWM SD bikes ride on Metzeler tires. The X uses the Sahara series while the T uses the Tourrance series tires.
  11. cyclopathic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
  12. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    SWM Motorcycles USAto SWM Motorcycles USA Riders

2020 RS/SM500s and SD600 X&T bikes are "on the water" to the USA. ETA to us is the end of August or early September depending on the Long Beach, CA port traffic. We do not expect any graphics or paint differences because we have not been notified of any changes. SWM usually introduces those changes at the Milan show in October (???).
    Dirtdame likes this.
  13. Appalachian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    SWM RS500R, XR650R,WR426
    What about the RS300? Passed DOT? ETA to dealers?
  14. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    The RS300R is in DOT/EPA/CARB testing currently. We expect it to be out in the third week of September. We already have them on order for late October USA delivery pending release of the certifications.
  15. Appalachian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    SWM RS500R, XR650R,WR426
    Thanks OD,
    I simply cannot believe how responsive the handling is on tarmac with the factory tires on my RS500, I bet that SM is super sweet and smooth on the highway. The RS500 has been better than the positive reviews and much less of the negative for me so I am thinking the 300 would be perfect for the off roading here in the tight woods where I live. Makes me wish I had waited to try the 300, I think a RS300 and SM500 would be perfect for me. So much so I am selling my WR426 Supermoto and probably my 2004 XR650R which is in VERY good condition, just have to decide if the second SWM will be RS300 or SM500. I really want to order SM wheels for the RS I have but not many options there just yet. This 500 is very similar to the XR but with better handling in the tight conditions and a lighter feel overall.

I really wish that Apellio would seriously think about tooling a new gearbox for this line. I think that would cause SWM sales to explode once people tried them with a wider ratio. This is an awesome machine, with a wider ratio (and softer seat) it would be perfect IMHO. Sure some will still prefer the lightest or most powerful bikes but unless they are racing as a career it is only pride they are fulfilling.

The ONLY complaints I have with my SWM are
    1) Seat - Seat Concepts fixed that
    2) Rear Spring - too soft for my 220lbs no gear
    3) Transmission ratios - Not a total loss here, just better suited for hard acceleration, this 500cc has VERY linear and broad power which in dual sport form could really use a little more space between gears and still rip!
    4) fuel capacity - like everyone else a pretty standard 2 gal tank, 3.5gal would be perfect I think.
    rancher1 likes this.
  16. Scottmx426 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Three non husky brands.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 650R, 02 XR 650R, Yam YZF
    Doing some homework for a friend who owns a 2019 RS500 and wondering if anyone has info on mounting a Scott’s damper. Will the mounting clamp for the frame headset designed for the 2010 TE510 work on the ‘19 SWM 500? Any info would be well appreciated.