SWM in the USA

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Cousins - Cagiva, etc' started by Original Dirt, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    We now fully understand how the whole USA certification process affects new model introduction. Recently HD announced 5 new bikes that will be ready for the 2020 model year. There are very few shortcuts in getting a new unit approved. If any engine, gearing, chassis, fuel management, lighting, suspension, braking, controls, or wheel component is changed, each change must undergo and pass USA testing in the usage configuration. Dirt bikes, pretty much no problem, just say they are closed course racing, pay a registration fee and bring'em in.
  2. visiteur1948 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husqvarna only
    swm-1-590x350.jpg

SWM 2019 in EUROPE
    Oldscool, Norman Foley and shawbagga like this.
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Is that your build or legit 2019 model? Need to ditch the round rotors & get wave type for more pleasing aesthetics
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Indeed these are the 19s!!! Headlight looks so much better as do black wheels & front fender along with graphics/plastics. Cool!
  5. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

is there a list of the dealers in southern california ???
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I think they are still looking for dealer inquiries. I'm sure they will post a list once the bikes arrive and are ready to distribute. They will arrive here first though!
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    just around the corner.......OK 5-10 minutes away.
  8. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    SWM RS500Rs (&7795) and SM500Rs ($8495) are in the USA and on their way to new SWM dealers. BTW, We are still looking for new dealers, especially East of the Mississippi. Dealer license required, as they are 50 state legal. East Sales 301-648-9865 - Ralph, West sales 760-949-0941-Jeff. Parts are in stock too. Parts diagrams on-line coming soon. Dealer list on-line coming soon too. www.motomandistributing.com
    Dirtdame, robertaccio and rancher1 like this.
  9. gaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Is it time to probe the 2 stroke question again yet. Gassers, Beta, Sherco, all hanging in there with carbs. Cmon, do it!
    shawbagga likes this.
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    OK, so I've been given permission to share a little behind the scenes. ZipTy has been working with Motoman to better understand the Athena Maya ECU system. I was invited over to take a look at the first batch of RS500s. SWM has definitely carried over the quality of the Husqvarna models we all know. I can tell you that these bikes look great and will be delivered to run well out of the crate. The SM is just plain sexy.

The staff at Motoman is really excited to get these bikes to dealers and into the hands of riders who have been waiting to throw a leg over one. These are truly great bikes at an incredible value.
  11. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    Ive had mine for 18 months now and still love it. Done over 6000km (3600miles) on everything from single trail to open highway. The bike makes me wish I'd bought a te510 years ago.
    I hope it's accepted and supported by the USA market.
  12. Caiman Senior Vice Procrastinator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SWM SM500R
    If you figure out a way to allow custom maps to be uploaded to the ECU let us know, Maya EVO an Advanced have this functionality for aftermarket ECU's but I'm not sure if they've carried it across to the OE version SWM uses.
  13. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    That wasn't the goal. We basically went over the system so that dealers can connect with the bike to read trouble codes, read real time stats, fix TPS calibration errors and the like. In fact when I tried to get into adjustment tables, those options were greyed out and not functional.

I think it may be the case where the Maya software is basically the same, but the "Device Module" which is just a program that runs in Maya, is specifically written. The Device for the RS500S seems to be purposely designed to keep functions limited to prevent making them illegal in terms of emissions.
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Base mechanical design of the Ing. Macchi designed DOHC engine were debuted in the 2003 World Enduro championship with Anders Ericcsson winning the championship that year. At that time they (Husqvarna Italia) put out the 250cc version which is the same entire bottom end with a different cyl and head (top end) attached, a way over built 250 DOHC enduro powerplant . I was hoping the RS300R would also be qual for US but the cost vs market for a 300cc DS bike has stopped that model from being sorted. The RS300R is basically a Husky TE310 "big block"from 2010 before the X-Lite 250/310 engine took over.
    So we can only hope that all the bugs are worked out by now.
    My 2008 TXC450 was very bulletproof and was rebuilt after @ 300hrs of hard riding and racing.
    SWM has all new electronics and FI system. Chassis is the base of the 2008 TE/TC/TXC build but is in the 2010 build config, which had minor structural flex changes.
    So more than not its basically a 2010 model Husqvarna TE510 with super good price point for a 2019 model machine in this market segment
    RS500R $7795 (8K) for a 500cc high quality component filled EU DS machine.
    SM500R $8495 (8.5K) for the same in Super Moto configuration.
  15. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Looks like the dealers are starting to stack up. Nice work SWM.
    robertaccio likes this.
  16. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    I noticed one in Simi.
  17. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    The RS300R/SM300R will be submitted for USA testing in the near future. ETA on approved production models to the USA will be late Winter 2019 or Early Spring 2019. Other than the 9000 mile durability testing which takes 6-8 weeks all other cross-over components from the RS500R are approved.
    Johnrg and rancher1 like this.
  18. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    11.07.18 Moto Man Distributing / SWM Motorcycles USA has just announced the following:
    The SD650 X&T models have passed EPA/DOT/CARB testing. We are waiting to receive our "DOT book" which will be the "proof" and include the list of approved specs and required items to import the bikes. We have a production lot scheduled to be produced beginning later this month with USA ETA being very late December 2018 or very early January 2019.
    Huskynoobee, Johnrg and rancher1 like this.
  19. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Dealers info is getting posted on the SWM Motorcycles USA Facebook pages upon SWM USA shipping bikes to them. Eventually there will be a list on the webpage.
  20. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none

DEALERS OF SWM MOTORCYCLES-USA

From the www.motomandistributing.com website as of 3.25.19. More dealers to be added this week and several lined up for April 2019. If the rest of the USA would take notice like the CA dealers, SWM would be easy to find throughout the USA.

CHAPARRAL MOTORSPORTS
    SAN BERNARDINO, CA
    909-889-2761
    amanaya@chaparralmotorsports.com

GET DIRTY DIRT BIKES
    MORONGO VALLEY, CA
    760-327-0747
    dave@getdirtydirtbikes.com

GP MOTORCYCLES
    SAN DIEGO, CA
    619-233-4762
    paul@gpmotorcycles.com