SWM in the USA

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Cousins - Cagiva, etc' started by Original Dirt, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    None so far. We will know more after Pete's trip to the factory in a few weeks.
    Boogie likes this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    OK 3 of us took out the RS300R and RS500R with my ex 08 TXC450 Husky (with CB shaft mod).. the SWMs are very nice looking/to me very Italian.
    As for tech straight up they are for the 95% a 2010 TE310 (big block) and the latest of the TE510 series.
    They both have very friendly KYB front and rear suspension , forks are same open chamber KYBs that were on my 2011 TE310 black head x-lite which after a full boat Race Tech massage were some of the best forks Ive ever used (for my riding type and skill level). They both have the EU FIM enduro tires Michelins. And by appearances have all the same controls or equal to those Red Huskys in MY10. My preference was the RS300R and I believe with some "cleaning" up she could really perk up, the same can be said about the RS500R which will and should be "cleaned" up to unleash the dogs.....however I should add that as is in full DS trim the RS300R had real sweet higher RPM torque spot that pulled my 215lb carcass up some long and fairly steep loose sandy power robbing hills.
    PS the bain of TXC reared its ugly head.....my clutch went away either #1 slave cylinder piston seal leak, #2 Master cylinder piston seal leak

for reference
    soon there should be some photos and a write up on moto.it Pietro was with us and did some foto shoots for the site.
    http://www.moto.it/
    Herb, Johnrg, Boogie and 1 other person like this.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    BTW I'll throw out some props to Pietro Ambrosioni, he was out with us on the 3 man ride, he's quite well known. Other rider was Luca Trussardi who is also an industry pro. me I'm just a sap that rides dirtbikes....
    Herb likes this.
  5. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Luca is an awesome rider..... kinda nice to see a "real" world review... I really like the 2010 era ergos.... Id like to ride one..... maybe thatll be my next ride... I like to be different....

Wonder what kind of dealer model they are going to use... When wil there be bikes in the US for sale?
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    they will be 2017 models a little late to the game , late 2016---but what will be seen in US will be the RS500R and RS650R---the target is pure DS, leave the lites on DS. there may some proving entries into some the endurance classes like the 6 hour of Gh and the 24 hr for example.
    listing $ at a very good price point for what you get in your garage. The 300 is for other markets for now. Again Im just the messenger, that's what I understood.
  7. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Pete just told me 500 and 650 in 6 months or so.... followed later by 300 and 440..... I really like the sound of these bikes....
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Plan makes sense, need some supermotos though :)
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Nice stuff, but won't perk me up much until they go 2T...
    justintendo, 454x and LandofMotards like this.
  10. Herb Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB400 four, CRF250L, XL250R
    Nice thread ... nice to see some familiar faces here as well.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Pete mentioned it.....it could be feasable.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  12. huskydude59 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Does any know if somewhere in the deep dark corners of the new SWM factory will have the tooling for the venerable TE449/511 ......maybe...!!! Gosh, I don't see how such a great bike could just end up gathering dust in some shirty corner of a storage shed...
  13. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Seems like just CCM got the motor.
  14. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Supermotos are in our plans, but we can only import the models that SWM will have available and that are DOT/EPA/CARB approved. SWM has indicated that the 500 & 650 RS series will be the first available units and they are the ones being submitted for certification at this time. The EPA/CARB stuff is the easiest to complete. The DOT stuff is just plain nuts. As a "new" brand, even with legacy roots, all items on the extensive DOT list has to be approved...including the chassis, suspension components, brake system components, fuel tanks, air boxes, exhaust system components, lights, and anything else you can dream of.......lots of individual certifications. We're working on it and have hired experienced testing professionals to compile the info along with SWM, the EU certification labs, and us to get the job done. No time frame "ETA" is in sight at this time, but it could come together quickly as data is accumulated.
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    as long as Ing. Macchi and his group has anything to do with this brand you will see no BMW designed engines I can guarantee it, they were the downfall for the Red Husky Brand.

If you look at the more competition oriented SWM 340 model you can see major re-engineering changes to the x-lite motor which was a post Macchi design that was further reworked by BMW into the red-head from its blackhead original form. BTW the blackhead in my case was a better engine, it just had built in head flow issues.
    Also remember that the Macchi designed twin cam 450/(510 which= RS500R SWM) was the actual HP king on the dyno among all the 450cc motorcycles, yes all (Hon,Yam,Suz,Kaw,KTM) a little slower revving and more vibes with no CB shaft but peak HP higher, if I remember the TC450 made 53HP on the dyno.

You will need to look elsewhere like Clewes Competition Motocycles for the Tiawanese BMW motor.
    Herb likes this.
  16. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'll pass on the 449/511 design personally.... So far I like the road that SWM is going down.... looks like that "platform" I like with some upgrades.....
  17. Herb Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB400 four, CRF250L, XL250R
    Really too bad on the 300's coming along only at a later stage ... I love the looks and size of that bike ... I'm not a big guy and the smaller, lighter bikes are a much better fit, for me.

There's four of us riding around here in the OC, and none of us can handle a bigger (taller, heavier) DS bike than a 350. Two right now have lowering links in them (one a TE250, another a KTM 350).

And here's the direct link to the review, posted today:

http://www.moto.it/news/ride-in-the-usa-nel-deserto-con-le-nuove-swm.html

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sST3M3doug
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Original Dirt likes this.
  19. Original Dirt Husqvarna
    AA Class