Made the switch !

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Rearwheelin, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Put your armor on over there...ATGATT :eek: . They arent near as civilized as we are here.
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  3. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Atleast there I can learn about my bike lol
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    The best thing I've read here ;)
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  5. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    I tried that too. It worked! I don't have a wife anymore :thinking:
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  6. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Ktmtalk has more info if you haven't been there yet. They are a "different" group lol. You shouldn't be reading, ride it ;)
  7. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    I'm still trying to find white plastics and some husky stickers ! Baaahaaha !
    LandofMotards likes this.
  8. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    that would be classic man
  9. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
  10. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    PBM457 and Rearwheelin like this.
  11. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Hey I have my moments too ! Lol
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Because we want something unique and different not just a rebadged KTM which we could have already bought and been riding all these years had we chose to. Because we like the feel of linkage. Because we like how huskys turn. Because we like uber reliable robust 125's. Cuz we like having choices and not ride the same bike everyone else is.

As for the vid, cool but pure hype and totally hollywood type editing. No thanks. I like real vids. Also as they were gushing about the 2 stroke (which don't get me wrong I love) they forgot to mention how it cant qualify for a main at a MX or SX race. All bikes are a tradeoff. Ride what works for you. I like both 2 and 4 strokes and own both.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  13. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    This one was pretty hollyood too !

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvPxBHOyW7U&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Man I wish that 449/511 platform got the upgrades and love it deserved. Is a great bike as is and could have been a bike others were chasing if put on the fast track development cycle like a MX bike.
    Rearwheelin and LandofMotards like this.
  15. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

16. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Baby steps first. Some people feel or like lots of aftermarket. The xcw 300 is light years away on the trail from a 511.
  17. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    The right tool for the job is allways my goal . I really enjoy finding strong points in new bikes and modding accordingly . The xc-w is a heck of a start. It allready will go 3mph in first gear and tops out at 90 mph or so right out the box wich is good. I don't do the DS rides because the gearbox takes alot of the joy out of the 449/511, that and I have allways feared 4t rebuilds and the cost and time to do them. Im thinking long term parts and maintenance . I have bought several unique mad to the bone bikes in my time and they are hard to sell and eventually go away. Good tools stand the test of time and why many people own them they perform great for intended purpose and are hard to beet. The experience of the ride and not the brand is what I want, I just could not wait until 2015
  18. PBM457 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 350SXF 2004 RM250
    Watch Millville closely there was a two stroke racing in the 450 class.
    http://www.motoxaddicts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Screenshot_551.png
  19. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No it is not. Great bike for sure but so is the 449/511 and almost every other bike made in the last 5-10 years. I ride with guys on KTM 300's and 4 stroke 350's all the time and don't feel outgunned at all. Ride with a dude a lot with a brand new 300, we are very similar speed and we are neck and neck with me on my 511. There is one area we ride a lot and there is a big gnarly hill full of deep fist to head sized rocks littlered everywhere. there is no run up to it, tight right and straight up a very long rocky climb. My 511 blasts a new hole up that hill and the 2 strokes like the KTM300 really struggle to get traction at the bottom and get the momentum needed to gain speed and get up the hill. On my 165 (2004 BTW) in the tight woods I slowly leave him. New bikes are all so good it really just comes down to the pilot and how well they have the bike setup for them regardless of which bike. I'm very happy for you and your new machine but lets not get all crazy here. I would be just as fast on a well setup 2000 CR250 husky as I would be on a KTM300. In fact my 02 WR250 was one of the best bikes I ever owned. I have a 86 WR400 with 45mm zokes and disk front end. I took it out several times with my buddies whom I ride with a lot and guess what, good buddy on a new KTM350 could not keep me in sight. ALL bikes are tradeoffs one way or another. If you can learn to exploit the good in a bike your right back at your regular trail speed no matter what bike as long as it is setup well and working right. I used the amazing motor, lack of a need to shift, stall free ability, and suprising turning on my WR400 to make up for the subpar brakes and big feel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.