Made the switch !

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Rearwheelin, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    I cant speak to the handling of my 300 until I start riding it :oldman: I am sure it will be better than anything i have ever ridden :D
  2. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Me too ! But lets have a go with it a couple more days :thumbsup:
  3. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    That is madness... Go get on it!

I rode my brand new 310 away from the dealer and got it all muddy before it even saw my trailer :)
    Coffee, robertaccio and Rearwheelin like this.
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I really want to love 2 strokes but I just can't. Even sat on the beta 300 today :). I get nervous because I'm not mechanically inclined and let's face it, could I afford to fix a whole motor if I messed it up? It'd take awhile. Even sitting on the 300 I felt like I was cheating. I've ridden all the 4 stroke Husky and have put quite a bit of time on them. The 449 is the dream bike. I realized today that I'd rather have a broke 449 then to settle and get something else.

I think it's awesome you got a new toy. Like I said, I can't wait to hear the differences. If you all don't calm down though, I may not get the chance to read about it lol. Good luck to you and don't worry, the Husky bodywork will be out soon ;)
  5. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    I know. This $hit is getting old. Wish you all the best ! I look forward to putting forums behind me and getting to know my bike before my brain emplodes . Later fellas ! You are all good dudes ! And in good hands here. I'm off to another way of life ! 2t life !
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    12:41 shows the Husaberg 300 being helped and then falling over under tow and that bike is no joke. That race is more about rider than machine.
    guscycle, bigjon, Connor and 2 others like this.
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I know I just had to have some fun with you guys Remember I use to ride 4 stokes when no one else did In 1979 I had a C&J XR 500 build by Horse power factory and White Bros Spent more on that bike then what a new bike cost today now I ride stock Husky 2 stroke go figure
    When you going to let me ride that TE 300 you said you got
    robertaccio likes this.
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Not yet John, I will get it when it says Husqvarna on it. ;)
    robertaccio likes this.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thats my feeling too.
    DG Harv Serv likes this.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Take care and enjoy. Those are great bikes and one of the best selections for an off road 2 stroke. :thumbsup:
  12. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fixed it for you.
    Motosportz likes this.
  13. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    This is a reason to love 2-strokes, not 4-strokes.

If you pop a motor on a 4-stroke, you might have to replace a piston, crank, rod, cams, timing chain, valves, head... the list goes on. 2-strokes don't have half of those parts. They are super robust and super easy to work on and fix.

This thread is lame (and so are KTM-bashing posts that come up on here sometimes). Anyone who says that a 511 OR a KTM300 OR a WR125 OR a 310 OR a WR300 is a "bad bike," or is significantly worse or better than one of the aforementioned, is an idiot. They are all really, really good bikes. Each has pros and cons. Let's just ride and stop blowing smoke out our butts, eh?

Also, it seems really silly to talk about how your new bike is "light years ahead" if you haven't ridden it yet...
    oregonsage and Dirtdame like this.
  14. Nordic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oset 20
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    eggsacary
  16. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Man, you guys cant let go....he left on TUESDAY...it is now FRIDAY and the ......chatter continues :confused:
    Lets go back to complaining about the Austrians taking over Italy or whatever the subject on the neverending fact free S.P. rules the world thread :thumbsup:
    McKay likes this.
  17. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Yes this thread was intended to be very silly :) was supose to be my going away party ! My new bike is light years ahead in the cost of maintenance area and ease of maintenance / hand washing / after market goodies / wieght / finding dealers a short drive away / low low first and second gears/ ground clearance/ better fly wheel mass for off road/ Yes I am a idiot ! Ha haa ! Not going to win this one ! No compulsive buying here just needed a better tool for my riding pleasure . If I road on the street more than a dual sports the ticket, 511 is great except the gearbox. Husky 2t looks good but not for me because I am too picky and it don't cross over between terrain as good as the xc-w. Not hating or judging people on how they comment hear.

I am getting close to riding it just need a couple more bling blings to make me feel good about smashing down on rocks , I want to break it in correctly ! Have about 4 more things to bolt on and need to make a couple things and am going riding with a friend on a Beta
    [IMG]
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    It now has been about 4 days since this post.
    It sure is getting old, and next time my gut tells me to close a thread like it did with this thread I will.

Hope you enjoy that bike. It is now about 6am on a Saturday - *perfect* time to enjoy that bike in southern California.
  19. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    For the record I did some fairly extensive clean up in this thread. I apologize if someones content got deleted unnecessarily
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.