Lectron on a TE/SM 610 4 Stroke

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by firebolter, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Oh did not know you were going from EFI to a carb. I really don't know anything about doing this.
  2. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I looked into putting a carb on the 08 610 that I bought new. The short story is that I bought an 07 that came with a carb from BMP and Bill sold my 08 for me. Total cost of carb conversion for a new bike with 285 miles was the 200$ that he charged for commission. Thanks again Bill:)
    There are many differences between carbed and EFI; wiring harness, ECU, flywheel etc.
    The carb that Lectron set up fit like a glove and was tuned very well . I put the carb on my carbed 05 TE450 first just to see how it would run and was very impressed.
    The jetting between a 450,510 and 610 is very close.
    BILLF and Motosportz like this.
  3. not2shabby Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TXC 450
    Do you remember what metering rod was in the carb? I bought a used 40mm Lectron from a member on TT that had it on his 610. He's selling the bike, so he was putting the stock carb back on. The rod in it now is marked 4-2M3. According to Lectron's website, the newer rods are all N-NXL; with the N's ranging from 1-4.
    Since it was set up and running well on a 610, any suggestions for base settings on my 450?

Thanks!