Lectron on a TE/SM 610 4 Stroke

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by firebolter, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Correct, single pull throttle like a 2 stroke.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

thanks for the report. Kevin did a ton of research and testing for the 4 strokes. Sounds like it was worth it. I bet you get good MPG. I want to ride it.
  3. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I finally got the bike out for an all day ride that consisted of mostly gravel and dirt roads. Gramps and I chased each other around in the Coast Range for over 125 miles yesterday not counting the tarmac to get there. The bike ran very well with smooth and responsive throttle. In the past a ride like this would yield mileage of 42-44 MPG with the FCR set up a little on the lean side and 38-40 when it is tuned for performance. Yesterday I got 49.75 MPG and we were chasing pretty hard. If I needed to conserve fuel on a long ride I would say that it would be possible to easily get into the low to mid 50s especially if I went back to stock gearing.

All in all IMO the Lectron on my 610 does it all with better performance and better economy.
    It is staying on the bike this time.

As a side note,
    the EFI 08 610 I had would get 50MPG in the power up mode and Bill's settings. I used to long for that old mileage and now I have the best of both worlds, good mileage and the simplicity of a easy to tune carb. :)
    dukepilot and Motosportz like this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Glad you finally got it out Steve. Thanks for the report. Sounds like it is dialed to near perfection. Tell Gramps "Hi" for me.
  5. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    Okay, so now I am ready to do the deal with my 610! Do I get it straight form Kevin or do you have them set up for the 610 Kelly? I am very happy with my 13 Berg TE300/Lectron ride, so ready to get my 06 SM610 even better!
    dukepilot likes this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I just sent you a PM with the info. Thanks.
  7. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ummmm, I can't be left out the loop. Gotta order one too. :cheers:
  8. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    K
    Kelly, can you PM me the info as well?
    Shipping price to post code 4868 in Australia.
  9. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Xcuvator. Can you post up some fitup pix please.
    Motosportz likes this.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

done, check your PM thanks.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Steve brought his bike over last year for the original install. The bike ran good but was not perfect and needed more massaging. Lectron via our feedback worked on new rods for bikes like these. They are good at making a lot of power and running good but not really designed for DS use and idling all day etc. Its a performance carb and meant for power. That said they worked hard to refine that idel to 1/8th throttle that was the rough spot. Kevin (lectron) called me a while back all excited with his progress to make these super smooth from idle to top and streetable. Sounds like they nailed it.

Here are the pix from the original install...

http://motosportz.smugmug.com/Motorcycle-parts/610-carb-install/i-WX6kMZX

I have a YZF450 I am going to install one of these one and continue the research and fine tuning / understanding the four stroke-Lectron needs. Looks like we have another Lectron winner here.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    BTW when Kevin and I started working on better application settings for these bikes I was totally not believing him that a super simple accelerator pump less carb could replace a uber complicated accelerator pump carb and be better or even work. He assured me it does, he has a DR400sm with one on it, has built hundreds for 450 quad racers, and such but it just didn't seem possible. While the first one we tried on Steve's 610 was not perfect it was real close and showed me you can have just as much response and power as and FCR. Was enlightening. Just like Kevin said, Steves results show this is the real deal. Better performance and 10 more MPG

Hers the kicker, you can sell a use FCR and end up even or possibly make money
    454x likes this.
  13. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Yeah it's been a fun project Kelly. I think the carb we installed at your house was the third or fourth (?) carb from Kevin. He has been very persistent to see it through in spite of his very busy schedule. He's traveling this weekend and said he would call and I'm looking forward to talking with him.
    I just went for an evening rip in the hood of 25 miles of Bald Peak tight gravel and asphalt twisties. I appreciate the way it runs a little more each time I ride it. :thumbsup:

I think it should work very well on the YZF based on how the Lectron worked on my TE 450.
    Motosportz likes this.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Bald Peak is fun. :thumbsup: I used to work at a body shop in Laurelwood.
  15. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    Really? Is there a big enough market for this carb?
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

yes, guys with older DRZs and other inexpensive bikes and quads looking for a FCR. Just looked at eBay, looks like $200-$450 depending on the FCR.
  17. Ross Shafer CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950sm, Honda XR100
    Hi Kelly,

I've been putting off messing with jetting on my FCR and maybe I won't bother....Please pm me with the details for purchasing one of these for my 2006 sm610. Think the single cable setup will work with my Q2 throttle? Thanks and have a great weekend!
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Will do. Thanks.

- Keep an eye on my YZF450 Lectron thread too. Rode the bike yesterday to get a baseline with the stock carb and OMG I think the Lectron will transform that bike, we will see.
  19. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    Steve/Kelly, which metering rod did you end up with in the, 610? Was it the 4-2m4 rod?
  20. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hoping to do my own report soon. If it ever gets here. Only 4 days to cross the country, now been in Canada customs processing since the 15th :banghead:

Edit:
    :banana::banana::cheers: Came in today
    454x likes this.