Lectron on a TE/SM 610 4 Stroke

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by firebolter, Mar 7, 2013.

1. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    Someone bought a Lectron to use on a TE610 I believe. Any updates? I actually hate the FCR on my 2006 SM610. It has always been less than good on the jetting. Have used red/blue JD needles and all kinds of jetting combo's. Really interested in a Lectron for the 610! I love how my 300 2 Stroke runs on the Lectron, so I am really interested in one for the 610 if it is working well!
    dukepilot likes this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Steve (xcuvator) has one and is testing it now or shortly.
  3. turboslacker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    How are any other 4 strokes coming along, like a 250?
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Not yet but soon i hope.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm all ears and :popcorn: on this!
  6. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bump for news! Wanna make My SM 610 sing!
  7. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    I'm waiting for news on this too. The FCR on my 610 works pretty good with easy starting and crisp throttle response. Did some leak jet tuning and installed an adjustable on the fly air main jet and hi-flo velocity stack along with the JD red needle. It does require some fiddling for major weather changes. I'm looking forward to trying out a Lectron to see how it compares.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We are taking our time on this and sorting it out. 4 strokes are finicky about the first 1/8 and we have some things to address. We are testing but will not be jumping the gun until we have it all sorted out. Thanks.
    dukepilot likes this.
  9. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cool! Waiting with anticipation and $$$$$ that is burning a hole in my pocket
    Motosportz likes this.
  10. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Are there any updates to this SM610/Lectron story? Been a year now. Did this ever work out and if so, how well did it work out? Still had that damn FCR on my SM610. Got it jetted about as good as it is going to get and still lacks easy starting unless it is warm and still pops a little here and there.
  11. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I have been doing testing on my TE610. I got the first carb to try in Feb. of last year and have had several of them.
    I sent the last one back two months ago (tomorrow) and have been waiting to receive the latest version with updated metering rod and slide to try.
    454x likes this.
  12. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I forgot to mention that another forum member here (Duke Pilot) has the latest version of the carb with the new double taper rod on his 04 450 and says it runs good, so I'm anxious to get my hands on one.
  13. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cool, thanks. Am very interested in how this works for you on your TE. Assume you just leave the TPS unplugged?
  14. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Yes
  15. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I received the latest version of the four stroke
    Lectron a couple of weeks ago to replace my RB Designs FCR 41 but have been a little slow getting it installed because of and bad wreck that involved broken ribs and a collapsed lung.
    Anyway, yesterday I decided to put it on my TE450 because it is much easier/faster to work on because of all the junk I have on the 610 like the IMS tank with it's 5 fuel lines :-). My 450 and 610 share almost exactly the same FCR jetting so I thought why not do the tuning on the 450 then put it on the 610?
    So after putting it on I hung my small tuning gas tank on the handle bars and was prepared to make a needle adjustment or two before putting the real gas tank on but mush to my surprise after an idle adjustment and 3/4 of a turn on the air bleed she was purring like a kitten at idle and reving effortlessly with no black smoke.:eek: I rode it around on my small practice track and up and down the driveway and was really surprised at how good it was running. No popping on decel but not a hint of over richness. So it was off for a 25+ mile gravel loop that I can make from my driveway. Very good throttle response and rock solid idle after getting it good and hot:applause: My butt dyno says it has more roll on power and a stronger top end but it is hard to say but the bike is for sure running smother and seems happier. I did have a flame out or two when going slow in the trees on my practice track but it may be due to my timidness because of my sore ribs. A buddy of mine (Cliff) rode it for quite awhile in the same places with no flame outs.

Oh and I traded bikes with Cliff when riding the gravel loop yesterday and had a hell of a time getting the bike back.:D

I'm anxious to talk to Kevin at Lectron to find out what makes this carb different from the last one I tried.

More to follow after more riding but I think Kevin has hit one out of the park :thumbsup:
    454x and dukepilot like this.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

thanks for the report Steve. Appreciated. Keven spent a lot of time on setup and the metering rod based on our input on your 610. Said he learned a few things regarding getting it to run and idle nice for DS and more street going bikes that have different requirements. He said he had nailed a good setup for that and seems with your testing he has. Great. Amazing haw an ultra simple carb with no AP can replace a super complicated FCR and work better! I'm guessing you will get much better milage as well.
    dukepilot likes this.
  17. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I hated to do it because I was really liking the way the 450 was running with the Lectron but to stay on track I pulled it off the 450 tonight and put it on the TE 610. I found that there was a bit of a hanging idle and adjusted the metering rod a quarter turn rich which solved the problem.
    My impressions are much the same on the 610. There is very good throttle response (who needs an AP? :D) and a screaming top end especially after opening the high speed a half turn to 1 1/4 turns out. I may try another quarter turn rich on the metering rod because it is a little more popping on decel than I like but the idle returns quickly and is rock solid.:)
    I can't wait to take it on a ride I like a lot that is 150-200 miles of 40% asphalt and the rest gravel and dirt single track in the Coast Range to see how the mileage compares to the RB Designs FCR.:thumbsup:
    454x likes this.
  18. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    You might need to buy a Lectron for your 450 now. Glad the new setup is working well! Based on your report, I may need to get another Lectron for my 610, lol!
    Xcuvator likes this.
  19. CrankN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE610
    I am keen to here about your loger term tests.
    Does it hook straight into the original throttle cable? It's a twin cable push/pull system isn't it?
  20. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    The carb comes with a pull cable only and a Motion Pro throttle. You cannot use the stock cables/throttle with the Lectron.
    CrankN likes this.