JD Tuner settings

Discussion in '610/630' started by Travis Shrey, Oct 16, 2011.

1. notoriouz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Ninja 650r
    Alright, that makes sense.

Thanks for the heads up, The tracking info has been updating. Thanks again for the ECU, can't wait to install it!!
  2. notoriouz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Ninja 650r
    Apparently my air box is different from everyone elses.. I'm going to post a picture below of what mine looks like. Should I do anything to this or is it good the way it is?

[IMG]
  3. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    If that is all that was in there, you have no maze. It has already been removed. My dealer took mine out before I got the bike.
  4. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    That's what all the lids look like.
    Now is there anything behind the air filter? That's where the "maze" goes.
  5. notoriouz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Ninja 650r

I took the air filter off and there was nothing behind it, it looked just like the lid except no little pieces of plastic. Maybe the Huskies sold in Canada don't have the maze? I'm not sure, but there wasn't anything there.
  6. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    mines like that to.Where you from Notoriouz.Mines a UK bike
  7. notoriouz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Ninja 650r
    I'm from the Eastern part of Canada, Nova Scotia to be exact.
  8. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Inside looks like this:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. notoriouz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Ninja 650r
    Yup, mine looks like that. I guess I was lucky enough to not have to deal with the maze.
  10. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is the maze you want to remove if it is there.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. notoriouz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMS 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Ninja 650r
    Yup, mine had already been removed by the previous owner or the Huskies in Canada don't come with that in the air box. Not sure which, but it's one or the other. Thanks for the pics though, from everyone. I'm more of a visual person, so being able to look and see on here made it that much easier. Thank you!!
  12. Mansson Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Hello!
    I wonder if anyone could suggest a JD setting for my bike?
    I have the P/U & FMF Q4 & JD tuner.
    Now my TE 630 is powerfull with JD's recomended settings, but the bike is not as
    smooth in the beginning as it was before the JD & FMF instalation...the trottle is more on & off now.
  13. BaronVonDarrin Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te630
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr250r, CL175
    does it make a differnce for tuning purposes if you have the american spark arrestor or the deeper euro one in the leo vince exhaust? I have the euro one in because the american ones hole for the scre did not line up.
  14. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ye
    yes. Anytime you reduce or increase the airflow through the exhaust such as spark arrest or type or even removal it will have an impact on fuel metering. If you are referring to the single Leo exhaust the narrow diameter spark arrestor wii require less fuel than the larger diameter sparky.
  15. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250
    Had pretty much the same mods as you plus more, but still my TE mould surge and falter a lot.
    I just could not get it sorted, it seemed like the bike did not like fuel, setting the JD Tuner to low green values helped a little.

In the end, a NGK Iridium spark plug cleaned it all up to being near perfect and I got a very nice power increase through out the rev range.

NOTE: Not every bike reacts in the same way to Iridium spark plugs. Some folks get a little benefit, some folks get no benefit, me I got a lot of benefit on both my TE and SM 630's.
  16. Joshua Olson Husqvarna
    B Class

Which iridium are you running? Cr8eix? Put the JD on today and rode at suggested settings and it was def. no good. Switched everything to 3s and it still had a big surge at part throttles when coming out of deceleration. Of course I mounted the unit under the seat so can't see which band it was happening in. However if you put everything back to stock numbers shouldn't it run the same as before it was even installed? Because it definitely does not. No idea on I beat settings, stock exhaust, maze removed, pu kit installed, air box is stock, sea level to 600ft riding,premium fuel.
  17. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250
    Yes I am running CR8EIX's and using 95RON pump gas on the 3 bikes(TE510, TE630 and SM630), 5400ft altitude and +- 22 degrees Celsius ambient.
    I have done PU and the EHS air filter mod (which should not affect the EFI surging).

My IBeats are 100/100/100 except on the TE630 where it is 98/100/100

My JD Tuners are mounted on the handle bar clamp where they can be tuned on the fly.

On all 3 bikes the JD Tuners are set at:
    Green 2.5
    Green/Blue 3
    Red/Blue 5.5

Depending on the outside temperature Red/Blue can vary from 5, 5.5 or 6+ and the idea is to get Red/Blue as high as possible with out the EFI stumbling.
    Running low Greens and high Red/Blues works very well on my bikes in terms of very smooth EFI, great acceleration and best gas mileage.

Different bikes will most likely tune differently just like my TE and SM 630
    Magus likes this.
  18. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

Daaaang... :eek:

"Guess The Extra Digit!"
  19. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250
    Thanks RDCTU - post now corrected.:busted:

At least someone came to work today.
  20. Joshua Olson Husqvarna
    B Class

Well after some playing around I think I have the problem pinpointed to the red/blue as the issue. I backed it down a ways and it made a temendous difference in how smooth it is. As for now I am at jd suggestion with a red/blue of 4. Which does make sense because if you go to his faq there is a pic section where he is dyno tuning a sm and te with a drilled.opened air box which as of yet mine does not have, however i think I am going to order my EHS intake screen today. I was going to wait til I get my pipes back from RDTCU,, but I am going to wait til riding season is over before I send those off to him. I am also going to grab an iridium plug today just because. It cant hurt.