JD Tuner settings

Discussion in '610/630' started by Travis Shrey, Oct 16, 2011.

1. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    sorry buddy Huskybrutha was
  2. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    dont forget to send me those settings bud,interested to try them.James said i could increase on the green to
  3. BaronVonDarrin Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te630
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr250r, CL175
    havent sorted mine out yet. i put in the iridium plug and was actually surprised to find out that it helped. but i am still getting a bit of popping when i let off the throttle and engine brake. that shouldnt happen right?
  4. Derek Sipple Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 husqvarna sms 630
    I got the pu done pod filters and a fmf power core 4 and can't figure out the settings any help would be awsueme I'm new to adjusting this stuff
  5. jonny08te510 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 te510/2011 tc449
    Other Motorcycles:
    99cr500/99af500 project need a donk
    has anyone got settings for te510? this is my first jd and im not even sure to tell what numbers the standard settings are ?
  6. 4l0 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    thats what mine was doing Patrick under de-accelerating,between 5,200-4,500 RPM.What did you do to resove this
  7. flymano Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630 SMS 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki Z1000
    Hi, is anybody find it hard to adjust the idle on the injector (near by the airbox ?). Even though I have (i think) the right set up for my JD + full leo Vince ... I still think my idle is too low, and it seems like it's impossible to adjust it without removing the all airbox thing... or am i missing something ?
  8. zoomdude57 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 200XC-W
    It is a pain. I think you need an 8mm or 10mm open wrench + some good lighting. Small adjustments at a time. I have my idle at 1800 which seems about right.
  9. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Open end 8mm. Factory idle spec is 1650 rpm.
  10. flymano Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    630 SMS 2011
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki Z1000
    ahah ok thanks, that's also what i figured. why in the hell did they placed this bolt so close to the airbox... adjusting iddle should be easily accessible at all time... anyways thanks all. Happy and safe riding !
  11. Huskyvarna Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE 630 2010
    Sorry to borrow the thread... But can someone exactly tell me what the PU kit is?
  12. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Power up kit. On the 630, it consists of a plug for the O2 sensor in the exhaust and a jumper to put into the wiring harness in its place. It changes the fueling drastically, making the bike run properly.
  13. Huskyvarna Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE 630 2010
    Ok, thank you very much for that info.. i have a powercommander 5 mounted, and the kit comes with a o2 eliminator. So i guess thats the pu kit.
  14. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Yes

15. Huskyvarna Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE 630 2010
    Thank you guys! this forums is awesome... kind and helpful people
    jtemple likes this.
  16. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda VFR800, KTM 525 EXC
    Hi guys,

Still chasing a surging issue at low RPMs. At steady throttle around 3000rpm - 3500rpm, the bike will alternate between slight surging and bogging.

Here's the current setting:

G: 3
    Y: 3
    R: 4
    GB: 3.5
    YB: 3
    RB: 5

Mods:

FMF Powercore midpipe and muffler with spark arrestor installed
    Power Up
    Evap Removed
    Snorkle Removed

I had thought surging was a lean condition but increasing Y causes the bike to bog around the same rpm range. Moving Y/B seems to just shift my problem around.

Bike has no fueling issues at higher rpms or while increasing throttle. Only when trying to hold throttle steady at lower rpms will it surge.

I honestly don't know how a carb works so all the references to needle and float equivalents go straight over my head, but I'm figuring it's got something to do with the transition between G and Y, I just have no clue how to fix it.

Any thoughts?
  17. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    The strangest thing is, even though it seems to be running lean. The bike actually runs better with the spark arrestor removed.
  18. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    Do you have access to iBeat? If so I would like to see you remove your JD tuner and set iBeat to 110/110/120 and report back your findings. My bike has similar mods as yours and fuel delivery is very smooth. Compare the power output while you're at it and your JD might end up on Ebay. Should bring you more than the $150 iBeat adaptor cost.

_
  19. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the suggestion. I do not have an iBeat, and I do not have a record of how the dealer set it up for the PO when the installed the FMF for him. Do I order iBeat adaptor through the dealer?
  20. Guoseph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Argh, I totally forgot that this bike has an Arrow ECU in it, that probably complicates things a bit.

The PO bought the Arrow pipe and ECU kit and then sold the arrow pipes and kept the ECU.