JD Jetting Power Surge 6X FI Tuner

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by ioneater, Jan 15, 2011.

1. little squirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

shit, scott just said the ibeat setup is 295...think i might just do that so i get the husky inside stuff to diag and set tps....should i get the JD box too adjust on the fly as well?? that makes up the same bux for a pcv and auto tune.......just sayin, best of both worlds maybe?? we have no support here in hawaii and i can help my buddies out too with the ibeat here on the island....sounds like a win win to me
  2. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Very true! Was a bit flumoxed at first and but now that I´ve got the hang of it, I can´t see myself ever spending time re-jetting a carb again. This is so much more fun and sooo easy.
  3. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Yep, sounds like the best of both worlds. I've got the ibeat and JD tuner and it's like having your own dealer and FI expert right in the comfort of your garage! The JD is more technical on the FI and can do more than ibeat can in that respect and ibeat can diagnos and set TPS which the JD cannot. Great deal if you have no dealer support for you and your buddies.
  4. little squirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

ibeat should be here tom then after playing with that, will buy the JD box if need be..i'll keep ya posted, but i like the sound of the JD box to switch fuel % while riding and testing...nice product at a nice price!!
  5. _luke_ Husqvarna
    A Class

As i understand Jd power surge does not need dynojet table? I can make map myself with diferent setups? But are there any numbers, that i can start with? Im a SM 610 08 owner...i have been looking around JD tuner home page, and i cant find product for my husky. Is there anyone from europe who purchased power surge?

As i read, it is worth of money...i am probably going to order it next year ;)
  6. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Best advice I can think of is to call or email JD! I know you are from Slovenia so calling may not be a viable option. Seriously, they are very customer friendly and can answer your questions better than any of us. Kelly @ Motosportz may be able to help since his business sells the Power Surge as well.

On a side note; you have a beautiful country! We drove from Germany to Croatia for a vacation and very much enjoyed the scenery in Slovenia. Would love to take a motorcycle tour there in our lifetime:thumbsup:
    GrooveThang and _luke_ like this.
  7. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I had exactly the same problem (was too thick to read the instructions) and did what ioneater advises: I `phoned JD and they sent me a series of pictures. Some of them were not of the 630, but they enabled me to get to grips with the installation. So you could mail and get that. After that, I was even too ignorant to set the thing up and needed their help again. Am now a (very) satisfied customer and proud to have overcome the difficulties. The 630 is my first non-carb bike (that´s my excuse).
  8. _luke_ Husqvarna
    A Class

Happy new year to you all HUSKY owners!

Thanks for your advice! I will send an email to James. I will surly ask him everithing before i buy anithing. But still, i would like to hear advices from any sm610 owner. There are on cafehusky? Sure there is someone. If you know for anyone, please let me know to contact him or her!

p.s Ioneater...i am glad that you like my country. I have same opinoion aboult it. It is quite small but it has many nice roads and bikers! If you would plan to visit Slovenia in future, let me know. I can give you some advices ;)
    GrooveThang likes this.
  9. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    I just installed the JD tuner on my 08 510. What a difference. In 10 minutes I had the off-idle stumble eliminated. I leaned the idle mixture down to 2 and increased the accelerator pump function to 7. The throttle response is now crisp. I can't wait to dial in the rest of the map. What a great product.
  10. little squirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

i took mine off because i couldnt get the off idle stumble cleared up and had a random lean surge at highway cruising speeds..i even used a stand alone o2 reader.....bike seems to get really rich when you transition from off throttle to on throttle, horrible in parking lots while riding...here is a link to a small tune session.. i played with the AC pump lean/rich and other functions non stop for almost a complete day...got it sorted out pretty well while riding and throttle inputs..but those two spots made riding miserable...any help or tips??

vids are a little boring...if you care...i have the semco ibeat too but not sure how to properly use it...i could only figure out how to reset the tps so far....

got it tuned to about these numbers..

idle was running like 12.9-13.6

cruising was about 12.5-13.1

full throttle was about 11.7-12.1

11. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    I'm having the same problem with my 08 TE510/PU/JD Tuner. Neutral throttle at high speeds intermittently has what feels/sounds like a lean condition stumble. I just noticed this today. It sounds like you were unable to resolve the problem. Can you expand a little on your experience, and what you tried when trouble-shooting?
  12. little squirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

i moved the accelerator pump feature from 1 dot all the way up to max, moved it once a day and didnt change that off idle stumble...maybe is has to do more with the low speed seetings. going to ask JD about it.
  13. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Squirt Thanks for the Flick
    You've got it going on with the LC-1 I have the same unit and just bought a JD tuner
    By monitoring the air fuel ratio with the LC-1 and making changes with the JD unit
    we should be able to dial these things in
    Did you set all your Co's to 100 with the ibeat?
    Good luck I will let you know what I find when I am able to do some more testing

[IMG]
  14. little squirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

no, i couldnt figure out how to reset the co levels with my ibeat....is it in a pull down menu? maybe i should mount my box up there while tuning on the weekends and when i get it sorted out, remove it and mount it back under my seat. the box made a huge diff. i just hate the off idle stumble cause i ride in a lot of traffic sometimes and downtown honolulu....after the stumble its fine and the bike rips all the way through full throttle im totally happy with it. but that little bit just erks me..i cant wait to get that part fixed...updates will be posted. nice setup by the way with your AF guage...me likey!!
  15. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Did you not see my response to your other post about CO adjustment?

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/how-to-use-the-ibeat.23311/
  16. little squirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

yes i did, thank you, will check it out this weekend :cheers: was going to post up my findings there after i checked it out.
  17. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Ah, okay. I was just puzzled thinking you still couldn't figure it out. You'll find it's pretty straightforward.
  18. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    Squirt with the unit up on the bars it makes it easy to make adjustments on the fly
    Shoot me your email address and I will send you a video of the CO set up.
  19. little squirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

sent this email to JD:

I had multiple jet kits by you on my dirtbikes and they rocked, so i bought your jd FI box for my 2010 husky. Im running a stand alone O2 sensor and working on fine tuning. The box made a huge difference right off the bat but having only 2 small issues so far.

1. the transition from idle to on throttle, no matter how much or how little i get a real rich reading, like 10.0 ish on my AF guage. Just for a split second then it clears up, but in traffic or in parking lots its a huge nuisance. I played with the acc pump feature and ran it from 1 dot all the way to max with one change a day for a week...no change..is this the right spot to be tuning for this symptom?

2. while cruising at highway speeds like at 55-60mph with a light steady 1/2 throttle position, i would experience a "random" lean surge where my AF gauge would show a quick spike to like 15.1 or higher then go back to normal, maybe once every other mile or so it would hee-haww in a way. What color setting should i work with to try and fix this?

here is a link on Cafehusky.com where everyone talks about your JD box and offers tips and tricks, I love your product and would love to figure out these two spots and it would be awesome. any advise on which color range to focus on would be great!!!

Everything else is fine for the most part, idle, cruising, and full throttle...i have it pretty dialed in so far. See my vids....I know they are a little boring, but thanks for your input so i can hopefully help out others here on the boards who are more like me and try to self tune with good products like yours!

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/jd-jetting-power-surge-6x-fi-tuner.16081/page-5#post-208819

Thanks again for any insight to this, and hope you guys have a great year!

Mahalo

Charlie Zimmerman

His response was:

Charlie,

Is this on the 450SMR?

The off-idle rich spot is not usually something we see on the 450. Did you set the IBeat to standard values?

Was the TPS idle position reset for the idle position at the same time using IBeat?

The mid-range stutter might be ignition, or maybe in the range between Blue and Yellow (?) . I'm not sure, but try moving Yellow/Blue to the highest or lowest positions and see if it makes a difference.
    Let me know your progress.

Thank You,
    James
    JDJetting LLC
    (253)939-7114

going to try his advise and reset my CO levels to 100 and reset the TPS again, then throw my AF wideband back on sunday and try again while im off and see how it goes. will post results and findings! lets keep this thread rolling so we can have some dialed in bikes!!
  20. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    I've got that same idle to 1/8 throttle rich spot but everything other than that is good to go
    so far we will see, I need for the weather to break so I can spend some serious time tuning this thing
    I look forward to seeing your results
    Also what helmet cam are you running.