JD Jetting Power Surge 6X FI Tuner

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by ioneater, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Clarkey Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te511 my13
    Picked up a new TE511 in Nov. My riding buddy has the same and we ordered JD tuners from Kelly at Motosportz.
    Can't wait for them to arrive down under.

This is my first post on this site. Have to start some day.

When the parts get here I want to be up to speed hehe, on how to install the JD.

I read lots of things how and where to connect up on the 511 but no images to follow. Also read that the instructions are a bit vague.

Can some kind person send step by step images down here to my buddy and I if they have some.

We both would appreciate it.
  2. Freaky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE250 x-lite Race ECU/Injector
    i've fitted one to my 250 and it's really simple, tank off, seat off, earth wire to a good earth then disconnect the injector plug and put the JD connectors in between. Fix unit to rear fender under the seat with velcro, zip tie the cables neatly so as not to get trapped and severed by the seat and jobs a good un. I velcro'd mine to the bar pad in the first instance so i could play with the settings whilst riding. Setting can be time consuming as there are so many possible configurations, don't use others settings is my advice, what is perfect for one bike may not be for yours, take the time to set it yourself to what feels best to you.
  3. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I´m a complete ****** and I was stumped at having to instal the JD. I `phoned them (from Germany) and got the help I needed, and he mailed me a mass of photos. I can assure you that ALL the connections are "snap-on" (believe me and you can´t go wrong). BUT be sure to make double certain that the fuel connector really does snap back on securely or it WILL come off (mine disconnected on the motorway under a bridge). Or just take your bike to the nearest bike mechanic and he´ll do it in half an hour.
  4. Grant starr Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 te 250, 2001 klx 400, 92 TT350
    Never had too many issues with my 2010 250 xlite apart from bike almost dying when really wet conditions so thats all I was really trying to fix! I read about guys adding Jd tuners to there bike with success but it didn't really have me convinced it would help me as mine seemed more electrical! Anyway I ordered a Tuner, however on further investigation into the water issues I found some guys had discovered water & mud getting up onto the coil & creating a short, (resolved)! I thought I maybe had wasted my money on the tuner until I installed it! Haven't really had a decent ride, just up & down driveway. Must say probably best money I have spent on my bike huge difference like adding a race pipe! Just about to order one of Kelly's dampers & disc guards!:banana:
  5. shabbanz Husqvarna
    AA Class

i got a JD injection unit off Motosportz for my 09 te 310 as i dont have a dealer nearby to set up the injection.The kit was easy to instal with good instructions.The bike runs so much better now only needed a small adjustment on 1/8 to 1/4 throttle from jd settings. if you need to adjust your bike with no dealer nearby then this kit is great would happily recommend.
  6. Suputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, 81 Yamaha RD350LC, 90 RZ350
    I have been running an Innovative Motorsports MTX-L air fuel mixture gauge on my 511 with the JD box and FMF pipe. The numbers I have worked down to on the JD box are quite a lot lower than anything I have seen posted here. However even with these leaner numbers the air fuel mixture is still running in the low to mid 13's which is just slightly rich.

These are my numbers:

Green 3.5
    Yellow 3
    Red 2.5
    G/B 1
    Y/B 2.5
    R/B 2.5
    bigjon likes this.
  7. mag0037 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Kawasaki 250 Ninja
    HI. Riding season is upon us again. Im wondering if anyone would have a jd tuner setup for my 2011 TE449? I live in Ontario Canada and im 390' above sea level. Any help would be much appreciated.
  8. Laura Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 250 (2011) 12port/ECU/Rekluse
    Mag... Where are you located! I'm just west of Toronto and My JD unit is collecting dust in the basement with only minimal use. The tuner is the same for all bikes as far as I know. I have a 250 and it did help with some issues. You just need to see what others have found work best and what settings to use for your engine size.
  9. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Laura, while the physical units may be the same, I believe the default values vary for different models.

I could be wrong, but I think that's why JD specifies a different part # for different models.

I'm sure JD could let you know if it is usable with the 449.
  10. mag0037 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 Kawasaki 250 Ninja
    Thanks Laura and Andrew. I live 100 miles west of Ottawa. I contacted JD and he gave me a couple new settings to try. I use his first option. also turning out my air screw 1/4 turn. Seems to work great now. Thanks.
  11. Blacktop Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR1000

I tried installing the jd tuner with the recommended settings and found it too lean also matter of fact it made the top end useless as it wouldn't rev. I lowered all the numbers to "stock settings" of 2 across the board. I would like to get a wideband also so I'm not guessing at where the A/F is.
  12. Weantright Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 FX350 w/KYB Inserts
    Other Motorcycles:
    2017 FE250 w/OC, 2016 XTrainer w/KYB
  13. Blacktop Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR1000
  14. Weantright Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2019 FX350 w/KYB Inserts
    Other Motorcycles:
    2017 FE250 w/OC, 2016 XTrainer w/KYB
  15. Blacktop Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR1000
    Thats a good price, but I think I'm going to get the newer mtx-l sensor/gauge
  16. Suputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, 81 Yamaha RD350LC, 90 RZ350
    Make sure you get the "Powersports" version which has a 3' cable instead of a 6' cable.

I just heard from JD Jetting. My tuner box, which was damaged due to the location I had mounted it has been fixed by JD Jetting at no charge. I am quite impressed with the service, especially considering the fault for the damage was mine.
    Blacktop likes this.
  17. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    JD Jetting Power Surge 6X FI Tuner..... is broken.

I was having real problems sorting out a gremlin, after going over the whole system following issues - no fuel pump, then no spark, etc. I eliminated all issues after removing the tuner. The thing worked well for 18 months, just started making a clicking noise when the problem started. It was not physically damaged, not sure what happened. Though I think this is uncommon so I don't think people should get turned off by them. It was good while it lasted.
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Thanks for letting us know, it may help others. :cheers:
    duggoey likes this.
  19. Sagebrush Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ 400 XR 250R WR 250
    I own a 2013 TXC310R and had JD jetting install and dyno tune their 6x box.
    The performance gain is awesome from idle to redline.It will allow you to customize your tune.No more flame outs and more linear power curve.I experienced every complaint from starting to flameouts in technical stuff,wanting more low end.My bike now does everything perfectly.
    I give Dave and JD jetting two thumbs up.
    JonXX likes this.
  20. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    It would be interesting to know where you are (elevation, etc), what your bike setup is (full pipe, slip-on, power-up, etc), and what your settings are.