JD Jetting Power Surge 6X FI Tuner

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by ioneater, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
    rjdenya likes this.
  2. rjdenya Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    05' Honda CR250R
    Good stuff here guys!
  3. Tech 3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 SMR510
  4. MrClean Husqvarna
    AA Class

rjdenya --

When you're done tuning, can you post your Power Surge settings?

I've got a Power Surge on my 630 but my tuning has been 'seat of the pants'. I'd like to know how different my settings are compared to yours.

thanks.
  5. rjdenya Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    05' Honda CR250R
    MrClean, my bike has twin Leo Vince Enduro slip-ons and holes drilled in the air box. My JD settings will work based on my intake and exhaust mods specifically. Either way I will post my settings when I'm done testing.
  6. Aaron8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I installed the JD Power Surge on my 2011 TE310 and adjusted the settings per the instructions. I did not use iBeat at any time before or after. Now no more decel pop and 1/8 to full throttle much stronger.

But I still have a pronounced "light switch" condition from idle to 1/8, and in some instances, a little bobble remains when I whack the throttle open from idle. The bobble is not as bad as before the tuner was installed.

I'm assuming I should tweak the G-B and\or the G range, but leaner, richer, or what?

Thanks
  7. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Update after a really wet ride:

Went for a ride with LOTS of puddles about a week ago; not deep water. I have never heard this bike backfire before until then. Something is still getting wet and making it cut out on the bottom end immediately after splashing through water. I've already sealed the coil so must be another connector or something getting doused and shorting until things dry out. Guess I'll take the tank off and check/grease all the connectors I can find. Am brainstorming some kind of rubber splash shield to attach under the tank. Any more ideas out there?

Edit: yes, I did reply to myself:busted:
  8. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Did you open the airbox? If so, it could have been caused by water in the box and/or a wet air filter.
  9. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    You are not trying to seal the mounting lugs on the coil, you are sealing the coil wire connections.
  10. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Those 2 wires "appeared" to be pretty well sheathed and factory sealed where they enter the coil. Or are you referring to the 2 prong connector itself?
  11. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I seal the actual plug wire itself where it goes into the coil, it is secondary voltage leaking that causes most wet missfires.
  12. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Gotcha. Thanks for the tip!
  13. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The JD tuner transformed my bike into a beast. What a simple design and simple to use. I used the "JD settings" for my 450TE and I feel I am on a new bike. WOW!!! I have THRUST.
  14. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I tried that a while back and just replaced the coil with a new one...$35

My silicone fix lasted about 6 months.

I sealed the coil to mounting lug holes.
  15. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Aright, gave my dealer a call to see what he thought. He's personally witnessed a water issue at the injector connector as was able to duplicate it with a water hose. I disconnected mine, applied dielectric grease inside and sealed the back side of the connector with silicone where the 2 wires enter. I also made a splash guard out of thin plastic and installed/wedged it behind and between the radiators where all the water gets thrown by the front tire onto the backbone of the frame from underneath. While I was at it, I used the leftover piece of plastic to make an airbox cover to prevent water from running between the seat and tank junction and pouring directly on to the air filter. BTW, the plastic I utilized was a "Beware of Dog" sign commonly available at any hardware store. "For Sale", "Open/Closed" are made of the same stuff. Perfect thickness to work with and cut with scissors. I'm including this post in this particular thread mainly for continuity relating to other posts mixing JD tuning and troubleshooting. Getting a little messy, though.

IMG_0427.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0428.JPG
  16. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    The purpose of resetting the CO's with the JD tuner, is it just have to do with JD setting their tuner for these neutral levels so you don't have to be extra lean on their scale if your CO happens to be a higher number? Or is there some ignition or other mechanics going on that I don't know about? For instance, my CO's are between 102 and 104 while I'm using the tuner. I also have the Kwai injector thrown into the mix to really goof things up but the injector riches everything up so I'm thinking I could neutral my CO's to 100 so I don't have to be so lean with the JD tuner? JD dosnt specify this in their instructions.
  17. jimbee Husqvarna
    B Class

I think I have effectively the same question, but haven't asked it so clearly over in the 12 hole thread.

I have 2011 TE250 with the 12 hole injector and associated ecu, but still stock pipe. Upon buying it, the dealer did some iBeat work, but not by the "guy" that usually does it. Bike ran great up top, but flamed out down low.

Now installed JD tuner, but having trouble dialing it in. I am assuming that the dealer played with various settings in the ecu, wich means my current settings are likely different than those JD's suggested settings are designed to work with.

My question is should I:

(a) just keep playing with the tuner and accept that my settings will be quite different than those suggested by JD's;

(b) set the tuner to 4's accross the board and take the bike back to the dealer and have them dial it in as best as they can withiBeat and then I start playing with the JD settings; or

(c) set the tuner to 4's accross the board and take the bike back to the dealer and JUST have them set all settings to 100 (i guess that is CO settings) and then start playing with the JD settings?
    Thanks! James
  18. Green Mtn Rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 310
    I have the JD tuner on my 310, the recommended settings they give are to add or subtract from the base line of all co settings set at 100.
  19. little squirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

did you all just buy the $79 guage? strongly thinking of buying this jd tuner and the A/F gauge for my bike.
  20. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    buy the tuner, save the $79 tune by the set of the pants, It's more fun!:thumbsup: