Interchange list

Discussion in 'TR650' started by rww, Feb 13, 2013.

1. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    I want one as well....maybe we all should be sending them emails to drum up interest in actual R&D
    HuskyDude likes this.
  2. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 Bonnie, 68 Tiger, 11 Ural........
    Who doesn't want a washable air filter? They make life immensely easier, especially on the trail.
  3. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    They do look similar, but I can confirm that they are not the same.
    RidingDonkeys likes this.
  4. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 Bonnie, 68 Tiger, 11 Ural........
    Good to know. Thanks for the clarification.
  5. deb Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    wild hair accessories makes great mirror extenders had them on my strom for 82k and never an issue they fit and work well on my strada nice to see more than my arms.
    http://www.whaccessories.com/Mirror-Extensions.htm
    Looks like my pivot pegs off the strom may work am hoping love the foot angle and lower peg set up.
    deb
    krussell likes this.
  6. deb Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    pivot pegs off vstrom were too narrow and I didn't want to take a chance with spacers so traded them for a cool windshield set up.
    deb
  7. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650
    Last sunday I broked the support of clucth lever and left mirror, somebody could report , both levers are the same in G 650GS. So I could
    used the same support. ?? I did not brake the lever, just the mirror and the support to the handlebar.
    thanks guys..
  8. rww Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, Cagiva Kaw Zuki Honda
    engineerk9 likes this.
  9. Jon Knutson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra ABS
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 KTM 450 SX-F (Street Legal)
    I'm really in need of some shorty clutch and brake levers, anyone know if ther match the 2013 650GS? I tried ones for a 2012 and they didn't match at all.
  10. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    I can't find shorty levers either. I have emailed an ebay seller who has a nice pair for around 50 bucks. His pictures show for the twins, which do not work. I ordered up some cheapo levers for an older f650 and they fit. The 2013 Sertao is the same also. I put my bike alongside the sertao and they look the same. Did not physically install the handles as I did with the older el cheapo levers. I will be cutting my el cheapo's to make the shorty's
    DSC00058.JPG DSC00061.JPG DSC00063.JPG

I might add that you, and I mean all of you, should keep a spare brake handle. The socket is aluminum and that is going to wear out pushing on the metal pin of the brake piston. Keep it greased well also.

Here is the auction number on feebay 300956573425 Says they will fit the 2012 and 2013 Sertao, and from what I saw, the 2013 Sertao will fit.
  11. Jon Knutson Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra ABS
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 KTM 450 SX-F (Street Legal)
    http://bit.ly/1au3mjj

I ordered these which are supposed to fit the F650GS but they don't fit my terra at all. At least they were cheap.
  12. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    Everyone needs to remember that all F650GS are not 650cc singles, only those 2007 and earlier.
    From 2008-2012 the F650GS was a 800cc Twin.

While many parts interchange with the BMW 650cc singles, most dont with the 800cc twins.
    run-it likes this.
  13. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    I just fired off an email to Bob at the seller of levers. I explained to him about the twins and fitment. I begged him to get pictures and correct the fitment charts. He even said return shipping on him if they do not fit. But that is not an option. Selling with correct pics is the only way.

I also explained to him the importance of pictures, and the interchangeability of the BMW and Husky bikes. And the sheer numbers of bikes in need of shorties. I sent him pictures. If he understands commerce, he will try and get the right parts.

I had already sent that seller you posted an emal asking if he had the ones for the older 650 or the 2013 sertao. I have not heard back. The bikes listed for the levers you ordered are the twins, they do not work.

Check this out, looks like some other bmw levers will fit http://www.touratech.com.au/home/6-...00s/r-k1600gt/gtl-road-legal/flypage.tpl.html

F650 cs http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/bmw/f_6...c_abs_models/02-05/picture/front_brake_lever/ This is the exact part 02-05

2011 g650 gs http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/bmw/g_650_gs/11/picture/clutch_lever/

04-07 f650 GS dakar http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/bmw/f_6...models/04-07/picture/clutch_lever_adjustable/

And the list goes on. Yet the fools on feebay can't get the fitment right.
    Scutler likes this.
  14. MadDogTR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, many.
    And only $418 each for the Touratechs... :banghead:
    mag00 likes this.
  15. rww Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, Cagiva Kaw Zuki Honda
    Well the key ordered in march made it to me. Kind of strange. The key was already cut from the factory. when I tried it the first time the red triangle of death appeared. I then held the original key next to it and turned them on and now they both work. Cost was $67.
  16. DerBrizon Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 Suzuki SV650S
    Just wanted to jump in here about wheels/rims:

Does anyone know what rims fit the Terra/Strada? I bought the Strada and noticed the BMW G650 GS rims are basically identical. Parked next to one the other day and the brake/ABS rotors are also identical. Does this mean I can just purchase whatever spoke rims fit the G650 series for my Strada? I'd like to get spoke rims to swap out, but so far the only rims I've seen that's marketed for the G650 bikes are like 800 apiece which seems absurd to me.

My plan is to have the cast Strada rims for commuting and the occasions I can finally take it on a trip it was meant for I'd put the spoke rims with knobbies on it. Maybe my Google-fu is terrible, but I'm trying to find what I can get for the Strada as far as rims, etc. I'd probably end up up-sizing to the Terra size rims (21/19 IIRC) and get a Terra front fender. I THINK I found a thread about that around here once upon a time, but can't seem to find it again.

Anyone have some info?
    Moff69 likes this.
  17. hasenpfeffer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    DerBrizon likes this.
  18. DerBrizon Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 Suzuki SV650S
  19. Ignaciob Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada --> Terra (aka Noxeema)
    Other Motorcycles:
    05 Yamaha FJR (x2), 75 Honda CB400F
  20. Thumpa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    CCM Dakar, G650X
    Rear brake reservoir off a Ducati Hypermotard is identical! Discovered this following a mishap whilst on a road trip. Stumbled into the local bike shop, via the only open door, which happened to be the workshop. Showed the mechanic the cracked reservoir, and asked if he might have something close. Whom in turn walks over to a shelf where the item in question sat since removal the previous week from his personal Hypermotard A most serendipitous moment!
    Moff69, mag00 and RidingDonkeys like this.