Interchange list

Discussion in 'TR650' started by rww, Feb 13, 2013.

1. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 Bonnie, 68 Tiger, 11 Ural........
    Deleted: Wrong info. See post below.
  2. Nordland Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Sorry, i was damn wrong :(

DonĀ“t use this connector for switched 12V!

The plug above fits X9220B, not usable.

For switched power supply use connector X9349B which fits Cartool plug (83300413585) after changing power pin.
  3. SpittingCobra Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLX400
    I used a lever model FG4 (MCSonline) from a XR650. They are designed to bend so it was surprisingly easy to bend it to match the original. The 11mm spline fits exactly and I used a bolt with a locknut to make certain it stays tight. Original on the left.
    Shift lever comparison.jpg
    engineerk9 and mag00 like this.
  4. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
  5. F150Motocrosser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '92 WXC360, '13 Strada, '14 TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTMs, Suzuki, misc vintage Hondas
    What's the verdict on oil filters?? From what I've learned on here, sounds like there are conflicting opinions on the fitment of the K&N 151..
  6. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    The K&N 151 works just fine for me. Never had a fitment issue.
  7. F150Motocrosser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '92 WXC360, '13 Strada, '14 TXC310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTMs, Suzuki, misc vintage Hondas
    Ended up going with the BMW 650GS oil filter part# 11117658311... My local BMW Motorrad dealer said they've always got plenty in stock.. Cost was $18
  8. Gunner2102 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Roadglide
    Throttle lock...anyone know what kapok throttle lock is compatible with the Terra?
  9. drzcharlie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fayetteville, Arkansas with my Redheaded Mistress
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Burgman 650 (The Barcolounger)
    I can't help with this but don't you mean Kaoko throttle lock?
  10. Dutchgit Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW 650 X-Co BMW F650 Dakar
    Just looked at the HiFlo filter page to see the difference between the BMW 650 filter (HF151) and the Husky 650 filter (HF154)
    The BMW filter is slightly bigger but has a different seal. Anyone looked at the inside of the filterhousing to see what's what ?

http://www.hiflofiltro.com/catalogue

Regards, Ard

Edit: After I wrote this message I noticed a thread on ADV that the BMW filter fits.
  11. Dutchgit Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Wheels for your Husky !

Today I found out that the front wheel from the BMW F650 (up to 2000) fits the Husky as well. You can use the brake disc from the Husky on the Beemer wheel as well. You might want an extra spacer (maybe about 10 mm) between the right hand side of the wheel and the axle as the axle sits a bit more over to the left but does fit that way. The other thing you might want to do is to stick a different seal on the right hand side to cover up the bearing but seeing the bearing is sealed already there is no real need.

[IMG]

Here you can see that the axle is a bit more over to the left of the bike.

[IMG]

I didn't actually fit the brake disc but it looks very much like it will fit. The F650 disc fits my G650 X-Co as well and that looks to be using the same discs as the Husky does. The ABS ring uses the same mounting points as the disc.

[IMG]

The rear wheel of the "Funduro" can be fitted as well but as these bikes don't have ABS you don't get the fixing points for the ABS ring on the hub.

Here is a picture of the "Funduro" rear wheel (admittingly a nasty rotten old one but these were my winter wheels)

[IMG]

Here's a wheel from a F 650 GS/Dakar (2000 and onwards) that does have the mounting points for the ABS ring.

[IMG]

So there you have it folks, another option for the Strada/Terra.

Regards, Ard
    Moff69 likes this.
  12. AUS_TR650 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KLX250S
    Wouldn't the Terra be based on a G650GS Sertao therefore requiring K&N air filter part # BM6501? Has anyone installed either filter (BM6507 or BM6501) and confirmed that they fit correctly?

bm6501.jpg
  13. hasenpfeffer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Don't think of the TR as based on any BMW. It's better to think of it as a unique design, and then they used BMW parts where it was convenient.

The air box and intake is not shared with any other bike, as far as I know. In this regard, it's unlikely the air filter matches.
  14. Dutchgit Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    An update on the F 650 wheels fitting the Strada/Terra:
    Fitted the wheels today and a spacer on the right hand side of the wheel is not needed. I guess I didn't look properly the first time. The wheel slots in as if it has always been there. The Husky brake disc and ABS ring bolt on just fine. ABS works too.

Here it is using the front wheel of the "Funduro" and the rear one of a post 1999 F 650 GS.
    Gave them a quick spray with the rattle can as they do look nicer in black.

[IMG]

The end of the axle not using the spacer I thought would be needed.

[IMG]

Air gap on the ABS sensor in the front looked a bit wide but it functions they way it should.

[IMG]

So all in all it's a very easy conversion just swapping two wheels and the front ABS ring if you have ABS.

Regards, Ard
    twowheeler, Moff69 and Scutler like this.
  15. Thumpa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    CCM Dakar, G650X
    Thanks for posting these Ard, looks sweet! I'm liking the idea of a dedicated set of affordable hoops for strret tires on the Terra.
  16. Dutchgit Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Not sure how the market is for used wheels in the U.S. but you might run into some on Fleabay or something. The front wheel from the fuel injected F650 and the one from the Dakar version will fit just the same.
  17. Thumpa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    CCM Dakar, G650X
    fleabay mate, no worries!
    Dutchgit likes this.
  18. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Front Sprocket from a 2001 f650 works JT sprockets PN JTF402-14 for the 14 tooth front, -15 for the other size. I think super sprox uses the 402 in their designation. So letters equal manufacturer, 402 application and last number the number of teeth. not written in stone.

Seems to have increased rpm for some reason :excuseme:

DSC08068.JPG
  19. Dutchgit Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've put a high front fender on my wife's Strada. It's from a KTM 85 cc MX bike, I think it's one of the later modells.
    I then put on some fork protectors on as well. These are for a KTM as well and come from Acerbis.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I made a small cut out on the plate that holds up the headlight. so the fender sits snug against the bosses where it's mounted on the triple.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The fender is held on only by the front two bolts under the triple but it looks like it's well secure.

Cheers, Ard
  20. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    If I recall correctly, there is actually a splate that sits under the light assembly on the Strada that must get swapped out to do a high fender. That said, having that piece would give you 6 mounting points for your fender. Don't quote me on this, as it has been almost a year since I did this.