Interchange list

Discussion in 'TR650' started by rww, Feb 13, 2013.

1. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    I like the Pivot Pegz a lot, but I thought they would be longer. I stick to the bike in all situations, so I really like them for that. There is a company that makes extensions for them, but they are not available for the MK3's until May. I thought about welding on the extensions, but they are just too pretty.:) They sit lower as you saw in the farkles section and farther back. I really like that about them too. HighFive uses the touratech fixed pegs and they are longer out of the box, so that might be a better choice if that's what you are looking for. HuskyDude also runs Pivot Pegz and maybe he will give his thoughts.
  2. Next Strada Demolitionist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    I really wanted the Pivot Pegz design, it seems like being able to pivot your feet while keeping the pegs loaded would be pretty nice. But, one of my issues with the stock pegs is that they are just a touch too narrow. The Touratech pegs might be a good option, thanks for the advice.
  3. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I moved my post over to this thread it was stuck back on the Fastway footpegs thread.

I like my Pivot Pegz...they could stick out a bit more but I don't find them that bad.
    They make for effortless shifting and braking and take away from leg and ankle fatigue.
    I run them on my Gasser too, where I'm always standing.
    And like Fab said they're Purty.:thumbsup:
  4. Ken Linn Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    ZX10R, FZ-1
    Good Morning, I just wanted to confirm that... according to the AFAM Europe site, that both the rear sproket and the countershaft sproket are the same as the BMW F650 single. Good news!, 5th gear on my Terra is an overdrive (.8:1) and unusable.
  5. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    Just a note on those supersprox. They look good when new, but the black will come off fairly quick. The sprocket does last a long time. That outer ring doesn't continue to look like that though, I've run those the last 3 or so years, and on my WR300 that black started to look crappy after a single race.
  6. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 Bonnie, 68 Tiger, 11 Ural........
    Call me crazy, but the rear fender on the TR650 looks identical to the BMW X-Challenge. Can anyone confirm this?
  7. rww Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, Cagiva Kaw Zuki Honda
  8. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    Rod,

The link led to the Wuka-King booster plug for the F800/F650. Are you selling the same thing for the TR650? Or, have I misunderstood? If you are selling them then where/how details.

TIA
    John
  9. Jughead Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '78 R80/7, ' 80 SR500, '81 R80/GS
    I managed to drop my bike in the driveway when it slipped off a paddock stand. The brake lever and the bar end weight caught all the damage. The Husky part is on order but I discovered that a lever from a 2009 750 Guzzi "Classic" is the same except for the anodizing.

[IMG]
    A buddy loaned me his while I'm waiting.
    [IMG]

BTW - I put skate board tape on the bottom of my swing arm to give the stand more traction. Seems to be working well...
  10. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

11. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

kjackbrown and HuskyDude like this.
  12. Tazzierob Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    1991 Yamaha XT600
    I think this thread could be made really good if the first post was updated with all the info so it is a one stop shop for finding the bit you're after instead of searching through all the thread posts.

Clearly set out sub categories with part numbers and links etc. Might be a bit to set up but could be really useful. Just a suggestion :thumbsup:
    vodka and Next like this.
  13. Jughead Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '78 R80/7, ' 80 SR500, '81 R80/GS
    FYI - This is a direct replacement as well.

[IMG]
    Moff69 likes this.
  14. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I've made this into a sticky and cleaned it up a bit.
    Lets keep it on topic. I'm sure it will help us all in the future.:thumbsup:
    RidingDonkeys likes this.
  15. rww Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, Cagiva Kaw Zuki Honda

Thanks...I was wanting to cut and paste something in a list format but I just work almost all the time....on my "to do " list
  16. Vincent Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Buell XB12, Yamaha R1, Zuma, WR250X
    Rear reservoir cap can be replaced with a unit from a KTM 990 Superduke.

The K&N 151 oil filter from the BMW engine also fits ours.
    RidingDonkeys likes this.
  17. HARDER1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400S
    Well, I finally made it over to Touratech yesterday to see if the BMW G650 washable air filter would fit the Terra. Verdict: Not really.
    The filter and spring are too long. In theory, I suppose you could cut the spring down but you'd still scrunch the filter by cramming it in there.
    I'd be nervous about choking the air flow. I was bummed. I want a washable filter! HuskyDude, I tried for ya!
    [IMG]
    Next, nev.., kjackbrown and 1 other person like this.
  18. TerraCzar Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Could you trim/cut the filter to fit?
  19. Tazzierob Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    1991 Yamaha XT600
    For those in Australia who don't want to buy direct from America with the Aussie Dollar dropping and freight charges beyond reasonable, Adventure Moto are the Altrider reps.

The Rear Brake Reservoir Guard and the Voltage Regulator Guard for the F800GS, and the Master Cylinder Guard for the R1200GS are the exact same parts
    engineerk9 and Moff69 like this.
  20. Navelgazer Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Tr650 terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    Yes Harder, I want a washable job too. I live 35Ks from Unifilter in Oz and have got a new paper filter coming so will take the old one to them and see if they want to add it to their not so small range. They have done one off's for me in the past but $$$$.