iBeat / Semco EFI info

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Motosportz, Nov 30, 2009.

1. dags Husqvarna
    B Class

08 specs in an 09 bike runs better :thumbsup:.

After being away from them for a little I'm just attacking the filter problem, can't believe the factory discontinued the FRAM OE. Unit.

At least it`s only a 5 minute fix. (so to speak) I've seen some conversions of filters to the outside, i prefer internal. A slight undetected leak externally at 40+ psi isn't ideal, at least internally it's safer
  2. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

08 te610 V2 ibeat-
    it will allow me to change FB2 & FB3 but I returned to 100 as advised.
    I finally remove the 02 sensor, removed spark arestor and cut over an inch from the inside of the LV exhaust insert last weeks and set FB1 to 104. I felt it lacked power compared to my test(unplugged sensor but left in)when I remembered the dealer had set at FB1 at 120(sensor in) because of an air leak on previous exhaust.
    I changed FB1 to 105 and wow! only one point made a huge difference:applause:
    when reading all these posts it never occured that such small adjustments would make such difference :eek:

forgot to check if FB setting can be adjusted on a 08 using V2 ibeat without putting the sensor back in :banghead:
    anyone know???
  3. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

To make adjustments to FB settings, you need the O2 sensor installed and warmed up.
  4. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

not seeing it on throttle body diagram for 08 610te, is it the spring loaded idle screw????
  5. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

need to borrow someone ibeat cable again.[IMG]

I remember I had changed F2 and F3 values in the ibeatV2 software screen, hope I didn't forget to return them to stock or won't it matter as the 08 is unable to read F2/F3 changes?
  6. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    No its not the Air bypass knob.

Look at the black plastic cover over the throttle wheel on the Throttle body. At about 7 o'clock there is a small bolt with a nut- the bolt takes a 2.5mm Allen wrench (bottom of bolt)inside and the nut serves as a lock nut (8mm open ended wrench).
    If you still don't see it take off the black plastic cover and look in the same place.The throttle wheel stops at the bolt when you close the throttle. I have not seen prescribed WOT %'s for the 610 but would try 100.2% like the 450/510.

By the way- I saw you quoted a old post of mine and caught a typo: 100.2 not 102% at WOT...ooopseeee- I edited it...[IMG]
  7. panthocrator Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 510 2008
    Respect,
    Does anyone know where can I download ibeat v2 from the Internet.
    thanks
  8. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I'm about to buy an iBeat setup from Semco, but I only have Windows 7/64-bit machines here. However...

I have VMWare Workstation. If you don't know what it is, it's basically software that lets you run a "computer within a computer". What I can do with it is run a Windows XP Virtual Machine (VM) in a window, on my Windows 7 machine.

At first, I wasn't sure if I would be able to access the bike/cable connection via the VM. So, for kicks, I built a Windows XP VM and plugged my iPhone into my computer. I was able to copy photos off of my iPhone and onto the VM. So, it looks promising!

I'd like to avoid having to hunt down a free/cheap XP laptop to do this, but I need to be able to do it if I'm going to get this boat anchor exhaust off of my TE630.

EDIT: I cross posted this in this thread: http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/ibeat-2-1-with-windows-7.10613/ I know, naughty. :D
  9. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I haven't actually hooked it up to my bike yet, but it looks like the Virtual Machine will work. The drivers and software are installed, no problems.
  10. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    If VM will get iBeat working on a 64bit rig then I think it should have it's own sticky thread. You are able to launch iBeat on your 64bit? It will install on either 32/64 bit. This is from my experience on Windows Vista anyway.
  11. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Oops, I forgot to report back.

iBeat will install on a 64-bit machine, but it will not run.

Yes, running 32-bit XP with iBeat installed in a virtual machine on my Windows 7-64 laptop worked perfectly!
  12. twolane Husqvarna
    A Class

Please excuse me if this is out of line, but after reading through all this I would really like to tune my bike.... but I was wondering... is it possible to use the software for more than one bike? I was thinking about offering up some cash to someone with the setup, to use it to retune my bike. Would it work?
  13. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    Yep, it sure would.
  14. twolane Husqvarna
    A Class

Well... if that's the case... Anyone in the Bay Area looking to offset the cost of their iBeat?!? [IMG]
  15. Degg Husqvarna
    A Class

I can't see where to adjust the CO on my I-Beat screen? Any help please
  16. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    It's one of the buttons at the top of the software window. I can't remember which one. It launches a window that allows you to alter the CO settings.
  17. Degg Husqvarna
    A Class

Where the FB i-con is is where the CO i-con is on the screen earlier in this post
  18. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    So when I adjusted my 08 I could only adjust FB1 and should have set the TPS because that's all I can do. On my '11 I'm reading here to adjust the co 1,2,3 and TPS instead because it's most like a carbs adjustments. Makes sense. Would their ever be the need to adjust the FB also?

Last night I started to play again. Because of my one time experience with ibeat on my 08, I started on the 11 by installing the 0 2 sensor, disconnecting the PU plug (PIA) and richening up FB1. I didn't make much progress but helped the hesitation that was created by removing the CAT and air filter restriction. I then started research on here and realized I went about it all wrong. Quite pleased that I can make adjustments with the PU plug in.
  19. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    YEA the procedures for a "2008" and 2009+ Mikuni set up are totally different. I have tuned my 09 and a 10 with Ibeat- it makes more sence than the 2008 procedure..

If you run in power up mode on an 2009+ you never have to plug the Lambda in to change CO settings- FB settings are not used in power up mode with 2009+. CO1 is like pilot, C02 is like needle, and CO3 is like main.

With 2008's all you have is FB1 and TPS- I have a copy of the PU Procedure with Ibeat from husqvarna- I should post that- but I think that's on here somewhere. There you have to have the lambda plug incerted to make adjustments if FB1 is higher than 107 or less than 96 you adjust it to 100. Apparently thats "it". FB1 I believe is equivalent to enrichening or leaning the whole fuel map.

TPS adjustments appear the same for all- set to 100.2 WOT and make sure the tps set points match.
  20. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Heres what ibeat says about my TPS. Good, bad? how do you set WOT? with a multimeter and not ibeat?

[IMG]

Messing with the CO is so much funner and easier than the FB settings of the 08.