iBeat / Semco EFI info

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Motosportz, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes, putting the lamba sensor in and trying to do anything with that was fruitless, bike would hardly run. With it out you can adjust the "jetting" and feel an instant difference like jetting a carb. Right now it is just guess work, like jetting.
  2. bbcmat Husqvarna
    A Class

"o2 heater output open circuit" is a likely a result of the race plug not being fully inserted into the 02 sensor plug.

With my 2009, the FB values have no effect with the 02 sensor removed.

MAT
  3. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    OK, Thanks for the info. I think I'll reset the FB to 100% and adjust my CO settings somewhere near Kelly's. But I'm at sealevel so I'll run a little richer on CO1.

After I get that sorted, I'll hook up with Dean and install the PC V w/autotune and see how it trims the settings and report back.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    WOW. Going to start a new post but these changes yielded way better mileage (32-34 MPG) and better running. I think there is better mileage to be had. Will start new post.
  5. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Kelly, do you mean using FB1 settings?
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No CO low. I put the Lamba in and tried to fo the FB1 settings and the bike would hardly run and was getting no where. Took it back out and am working the CO settings. I am at 96 and am going to try leaner. SA in. Runs great. I am at 96 / 105 / 107. Going to go leaner on all as it still looks rich on the plug and pipe. I bet 35 MPG will be EZ to get (mix of tight single track and open stuff 17-22 average speeds)
  7. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

FB values are not used and have no effect when the race connector is installed. CO values have no effect when the O2 sensor is installed.

The "Open Heater" error was likely it the fault history and happen when the bike was started with O2 sensor unplugged and the race connect not installed.
  8. jeffchri Husqvarna
    B Class

This is awfully interesting ... but is there a difference btween the configurability of a 2010 model vs. 2008? I don't want to get the v2 if it doesn't really add much for 2008 bikes (my TE510, for instance) ...

This might be just the ticket if I end up getting the 530 kit ... :)
  9. dags Husqvarna
    B Class

Adjust FB all you like - it will not give you full results unless you start from the beginning & periodically check the TPS also.

Set the TPS, then last of all do FB1

FB2 & FB3 do ZERO

Lots of talk about if FB1 transfers to Race Mode, The TPS & FB1 are the basis for both Maps, if they are out, it`s a waste of time

You MUST have Lambda sensor in to make the settings. Then remove
    Engine must be at correct temp to make adjustments as indicated in iBEAT, otherwise it will not adjust/set
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    CO1/2/3 do a lot on my bike (2010 TXC250) with the Lamba out, full race mode. CO1 makes a huge difference.
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Buried *somewhere* in the efi/carb forum the nuances between the 2008/9 bikes, ibeat 1 and ibeat 2, are listed. Definitely differences between those 4 items.

I've not looked into the 2010's.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    seymore, will this USB / iBeat run on windows 98? Looking at getting a cheap laptop for field use and it has 98 on it.
  13. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Pretty sure George got a laptop with 98 on it when he got iBeat.
  14. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

XP Pro. Later George
  15. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I running ibeat on a 1993 laptop running windows 2000.
  16. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    conflicting views- ? confusing... is dag's view last year's understanding- cause it seems that was my dealers understanding last year...?? But things have became more understood at this point.

So I had my 09TE450 Ibeat calibrated last year- in May, by the dealer- they adjusted the TPS and FB1. I had the bike in Power up mode- and had to put the o2 sensor in for the dealer to calibrate. They adjusted- I took the o2 sensor back out. This was with the original Ibeat not the new 2.0 version...

I thought it ran better at mid to top end. I noticed no improvement in the low end quick throttle responce- stabbing throttle to loft over a log I have to be careful sometimes as it may hesitate-

The best results I have seen to effect the low end is doing BCMATTS efi tweak- closing the hard throttle stop to 1/4 turn.

QUESTION: when they calibrated with Ibeat did it do anything for me or not... sounds like it didn't do anything for me... :excuseme:

I may call the dealer back and see if they have updated their Ibeat procedures since... but any suggestions/guidance would be appriciated-:notworthy:
  17. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Dag's work and testing was done on a 08 before he sold it.

The 08 ECU's only supported FB1 adjustment. The 09&10 EUC's added CO1,2& 3 along with FB2 & 3.

FB values are only used when the O2 sensor is connected and active. If the race connector is installed CO values are used.

On 09 & 10 ECU's iBeat only allows CO values to be adjusted with the race connector installed. If your going to run the bike in race mode, you need to adjust the CO values to have any effect.

So if your dealer adjusted FB values and then removed the O2 sensor, no fuel change occurred.
    Arctra likes this.
  18. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Seymore,

After we spoke this past weekend, I adjusted the 510's FB1 from 102 down to a conservative 96. Everything responds better except the typical rapid throttle wick at the bottom which still has a slight bog. Not getting an decel pops so I may try 1 or 2 points lower on FB1. Overall, a definite improvement. This bike also has a Rekluse installed which is known to have issues on the 08's with pop and die. I never had it die on me after the adjustment. Who knows, I enjoy riding this beast so much on open terrain I'll probably keep it and perhaps go the PC V route in the future. One thing I noted, the O2 bung and SA were caked with carbon before this adjustment. I'm going to keep an eye on them to see if that is lessened with further leaning via iBeat II.

Thanks for the advice and good conversation!
  19. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not to stir things up here but I have a different idea that I would like to test for the 2010 EFI bikes with the set screw/nut. Conde commented that on his bike he ran the set screw at 1.5 with the Leo ECU. I did not know what he was talking about until last night I see on the Ibeat large dashboard a throttle %.

When the bike has had its TPS reset this reads at .0%/.1% with the throttle chopped and running. When you turn the throttle this number goes up. While hooked up to Ibeat with the bike running if you carefully turn the set screw in this will increase the throttle position percentage. I am not sure if this is helpful but I would like to see if this changes the performance of the bike. Conde seems to think it improved his bike with the Leo ECU and changing this setting to 1.5%. I do not know if this would be a advantage or cause it to miss, it is just something I decided to play with. I think once you do this and re-set the TPS it would read back to 0 in the % box. My TPS went from 938 to 977 once I turned it in. Just thinking out loud here.
  20. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    ioneater,

You lucky dog, a Husky 510 and a 250! :D