iBeat / Semco EFI info

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Motosportz, Nov 30, 2009.

1. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    George, through some "miracle" even he cannot explain, was able to get iBeat to access and adjust FB1, FB2, and FB3 on many, if not all 08 TE's. Mine would not cooperate as a 250 nor at first as a 300 (Athena). He had my bike for 2 weeks when we were out of town and got it sorted. 127.2, 116, and 106 are the FB #'s and it shows up on my iBeat at home. Idle is smoother even here n Mammoth at 8000 ft. No backfire on decal.

I've probably posted this before and it's a bit anecdotal for sure but maybe useful.
  2. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    That looks good- both numbers are the same-

TO set the WOT- look at this thread. Their is a video-which covers adjusting the hard stop. I forgot what is explained all in all in it though...
    So I'll give some explanation.... just in case...
    With your bike hooked to I/beat on the main screen it shows "throttle position" in %'s (bottom left of screen). Open your throttle all the way till it stops- on a 450/510 the throttle position on I/beat will read somewhere around 100%- It has been found that with 510/450's that number should read 100.2% and for 250/310's that number should read 100.4. To adjust it, you have to change BOTH the hard stop setting and then accept the change in the TPS screen. If you don't accept the change you will never see a change in the "throttle Position" portion and it won't read 100.2- rather it will show the same number over and over.
    So...
    1- adjust the hard stop slightly and lock it back down (be carefull not to over tighten- its alot lice adjusting a tappet adjuster). Loosen the lock nut the bolt with allen is what adjusts (clockwise closes throttle (decreases volts)) / (Counter Clockwise opens throttle/butterfly (increases volts)).
    2- open the TPS screen- accept the change, and close that screen. Then turn the throttle to WOT and check that portion of the screen again (hoping for 100.2).
    3- if you have 100.2 you are done- if not go back to 1 and make the adjustment to the hardstop in the right direction +/- as much or as little as needed.

I would right down your numbers so you have it if needed- before and after adjustments. With my bike 100.2 works well- I can tell if the TPS is off a little. I have adjusted others bikes and it made all the difference for them as well.

Good Luck!
  3. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

You set the WOT (Wide Open Throttle) with the big number graph similar to what you have in the picture in the back. Close the TPS idle adjustment box you have there, then the background pic you have, change that from the needles you have to the "Large Monitor Screen", it is the the third choice on the left. There you will see Tach, Throttle % etc.. With Key on, engine off, if you hold it WOT you can read what your % is on throttle.

I assume you have "read" the TPS value on the screen there and set it. Make sure the bike is warm when you do this as they will actually read a little different when cold. It's fun so don't be scared of it! Take the time to play around with this stuff. CO1 I think controls 0%-20% throttle opening. While the engine is off notice how short 20% comes on. On my 250 I found that I was actually needing to adjust CO2 some more.
  4. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Ive read only to adjust the CO when the bike is warm. I was out playing with CO adjustments today and ended up making it flatter on the bottom and mid because Im trying to find both extremes to nail down where perfect is. After I set the CO too high the fam and I had to go somewhere and I couldn't finish it. The question is can I go in and set the CO where I know I want it now or do I have to do the full bike warm up first? If i don't, will the CO not be where I set it then?
  5. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

It should be fine to set it up at home cold since you know what you want. Say a 107 is going to still be 7% richer when warm or cold. At least that is my take on it. I have had the same issue as you making the bike more flat in search of more power plenty of times..
  6. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    As posted a few pages back in this thread WOT throttle setting for iBeat:
    Full throttle = 100.2% on 450/510 and 100.4% on 310/250

1. What is the recommended setting for a 630?
    2. Does the engine need to be warm for this measurement? Seems like it shouldn't matter warm or cold as a mechanical stop only.
    3. Anybody have or know where to get a Mikuni iBeat Operation Manual?

_
  7. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    PM sent
  8. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks. My question #3 is answered. iBeat operation manual was right under my nose as it is on the iBeat CD..duh..a rare senior moment for me I guess. haha

WOT % setting anyone? Talked to George and he said it should be close to 100%. Still looking for something more definitive than that before I go adjusting my hard stop. My bike is set at 102.4 which seems high compared to all other Husky models.

_
  9. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    I have never seen a recomended WOT% for a 610 specifically. I've seen the question go unanswered though. However, someone with a 610 must have adjusted or left the WOT% at some number with sucessfull results. I'd post this specific question in the 610 forum asking to establish a number or poll what has worked.

Ultimately, I agree with George, it should be a number close to 100- but that specific number should provide an acceptable idle rpm without adjusting the idle bypass screw too far in or too far out (aim for being close to 2.5 turns out ultimately) Then test and adjust CO settings as needed (changing the TPS WOT% should effect the CO1 setting and vice versa). The TPS WOT% should remain static (constant) in terms of adjustments once a good number is reached- then you adjust to maintain it from time to time. I would start with 100.2% if you don't get any feed back from anyone.
  10. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

MY '10 Te250 came in at 102.4 also.

lower TPS is resulting in a high idle and hard starting.

I may go back to 102.4
    Greg Zorn likes this.
  11. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    What did you lower yours to? After lowering you reset your TPS?

_
  12. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I used I-beat.
  13. little squirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

14. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

lowered it to 100.8 and it idled at 3k plus rpm....at 101.4 now and I'm raising it to 102.0.

the lower TPS cleared up a low rpm stumble but idle is now too high.

I think I just needed to increase CO1.
    Greg Zorn likes this.
  15. Fodor Zsolt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sm 610 Ie
    Anybody have or know where to get a Mikuni iBeat Operation Manual? Help SOS
  16. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
  17. Fodor Zsolt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sm 610 Ie
  18. JLou Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    250 TE 2010 ( New Motor )
    Other Motorcycles:
    TWO KTM GS 125 1984 + 1985
    Hi, Does Ibeat work with an official suitcase diag?
  19. kasu1 Husqvarna
    C Class

20. kasu1 Husqvarna
    C Class

Will this work on TE450 of 2010 as wel??