iBeat / Semco EFI info

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Motosportz, Nov 30, 2009.

1. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE610 + 08'TE610 sumo'd
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
    Took longer to get to it.......... but I think I might be disappointed....
  2. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    iBeat would install but not launch on 64 bit Vista. Works like it is supposed to on 32 bit XP/Vista. :thumbsup:
  3. Kevin610 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Windows 7

I tried to install iBeat v2 and also the drivers for the serial to USB adapter on a new computer with Windows 7 but was unable to get it to run. Something about compatibility, tried changing it to different configurations but had no luck. Installed it on a older laptop with XP without any problems. Maybe it was just my new laptop (emachine)?
  4. Jrmobb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Microsoft has a virtual xp program for windows 7 users on there website free of charge. I had to install it so I could use my old gps with serial adaptor.

If anyone is interested her is the link

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/
  5. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Was the install failure with the USB to serial adapter or with iBeat or both?
    When I tested iBeat on a windows 7 system I didn't have the USB drivers CD to test. The tech told me often you have to tell 7 to use XP legacy drivers, not exactly sure were you do that, maybe in the device manager.

I'll look around and see if there is a newer driver.
  6. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE610 + 08'TE610 sumo'd
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
    Hey Seymore, With the iBeat are there going to be settings that work across the board for bikes powered up, or with certain pipes? Or will it be an individual type thing dependent on what the rider feels is best or the particular throttle body?

I'm going to go try and read more and see what happens..........
  7. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Oh yeah. That's the plan. :thumbsup:
  8. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

The answer to that is still unclear to me. I have seen where some bike are too lean at 100%, but my 08 TE450 at FB1 100% was way too rich.

I was able to get good results by ride testing and making adjustments to FB1.

I haven't seen any test or data that would show how much variation is caused by fuel pressure or injector characteristics. Short of testing 10 bike under controlled condition, the best information will likely come from comparison of users sharing their PCV auto-tune maps.

If you have an 08 your going to be limited to a single point (FB1) adjustment unless a Power Commander is added which will give you about 400 points.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My 2010 TXC250 was good at 100 CO1 and others were to lean. Witht he SA out i 110 was to lean. Basically tune it to work with the SA in and then tune it again when you add stuff like mufflers or pull the SA. For me it was very EZ to come up with setting that work well with both. With the SA out and 115/115/115 the bike is a ROCKET. SA in and 100/105/107 it run pretty much perfect.
    Arctra likes this.
  10. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I notice that Kelly is adjusting the CO values on the 2010 TXC250 and Dean and I were adjusting FB values on my 2008 TE250. What is the difference?
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Why don't we go to Carnegie this week, the last week it will ever be open (RIP), install the PC V with AT and experiment :thumbsup:
  12. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Think of setting CO settings like a carb, you are trying different settings and riding it by the seat of your pants. You make changes to the CO 1,2,or 3 and then you ride it. This is the easiest but not the most fuel efficient. I actually fouled a plug going too far one time.

FB1 settings are done with the O2 sensor in place and you can actually get a reading of where the bike is rich/lean as it reads from your O2. You are aiming at getting the number to stay at 100%. You still can change the numbers like in CO but with FB1 you are adding or decreasing trying to help get the bike closer to the learning curve.

The problem with FB1 is you are not in the race map and I do not know for sure once you switch it over to the race map if it takes these settings with it. If anyone knows for sure do tell. In previous years I know a mechanic said that this is how they set up the bikes: adjust FB1 to as close to 100% and then switch over to race map.

At first I was not able to get my bike to read FB1 settings. I was playing around with it at my house and all of a sudden it picked it up and started reading. I have not ridden the bike since then to try these and it looks like it is going to be a while.

Has anyone with a 2010 TXC/TE 250 taken there bike to Power Commander in Vegas for a free P.C. V yet? Only if I lived closer to Vegas, then again I would be broke.

Lastly this is a simple explanation and correct me if I am wrong. This is all new to me as well.
  13. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I took my 2010 TXC250 to Hollister Hills today. I have about 5 hours on it now. While we were taking a break back at the truck I thought I would play with the ibeat settings. But I only remember how to do it watching Dean on my 2008 TE250. Then we only adjusted the FB1 value. My TXC is in race mode with the O2 sensor removed. Once connected I was a little unsure of what I was doing. After scrolling through the menus a bit A could get to the CO settings but not the FB settings. I decided not to mess with it until I knew a little more of what I was doing.
  14. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The FB1 icon will not be highlighted on the screen when you have the race map plugged in. The only way to get to it is to have the O2 plugged in.
  15. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    So should I reinstall the O2 sensor and return the FB settings back to 100% and just change the CO values?
  16. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I do not know if they FB1 settings (with O2 in) carry over to adjust the race map setting. I kind of think they do not but I have not tried it to see how it runs. 20 inches of snow here now so it is going to be a couple of weeks. Maybe Huskysport or Seymore could add more to this.
  17. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I don't like reading manuals on my monitor, so I just printed out the 59 pages. Looks like I have some light bedtime reading.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Well i played with my EFI tonight. First off seems i have an error message "o2 heater output open circuit" No idea what that means but it seems to run fine. Will investigate.

My bike was de-restricted when i picked it up as asked. I have never had the lamba sensor in. Out it in tonight to see what the F stuff was all about. Bike would hardly run, way lean i think. Looked at the setting and the one that reads / changes as it runs. Was around 85, all the ones int he chart are at 100. Dunno.

Took the sensor back out and played with some stuff. Ended up going leaner to about 95 on the bottom and richer mid and top at 105 / 109. We will see next ride. Wish i had a cheap laptop or netbook so I could play with this stuff on the trail. I think the bike was running rich off the bottom. We will see. Sure is EZ to change the jetting. I did get some glitches right off idle last ride, figured it was water in the gas which is hard to avoid this time of year. Maybe it is the o2 heater circuit deal. Will see.

Seems to run great ripping around the house. :excuseme: The fun continues.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Just looked up the o2 heater thing and it is exactly what it says, it heats the o2 sensor up so it can read right. I'm assuming they mean the lamba which is not in so maybe that is why the error? Did not have that error before.

Would be very cool if we could get someone form Mikuni on this board. Dean, get on that would ya? :D
  20. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    So I take it that you changed the CO values and left the FB settings at 100%?