1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc I Rode The Prototype Wr200 And It Is Amazing...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Dec 22, 2011.

1. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm not motorcrosser but I'll give you my .02 and hope he does the same. I have the 2010 TC 250 and a 2008 WB165 and IMHO the WB165 beats it everwhere except maybe a MX track. I don't race but ride in the woods, trails, power lines, and MX tracks. Both bikes are great but the WB165's are just so smooth it's like an electric motor on a mountain bike. Just twist what you need and go. Very smooth engines wih way way less vibes than the 250F's and they don't have the let off the gas fall forward feel of the F's either. I'm selling the TC, the WB165 is a keeper. Stop druling and get it; awesome bikes
    Paintmonkey likes this.
  2. hillbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11te250 14cr150
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 ktm500
    :confused: THANKS ! i just weighed MY11TE250 on digital platform scales ! it weighed more than i thought ? 262 lbs with a half tank of gas ,moose handguards,JT 52 steel sprocket, G2 nylon bar inserts and throttle tube,403,404 stones 80\100 & 100\100 18 tires . also tail piece removed. am thinking the WR would weigh maybe 50 pounds less ? i am going to have a hard time not going by the dealer tomorrow !:confused:
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL I hear ya...I have the same sickness :D.
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Ride it with the 144 kit and send me the 125 top end for the 165 fun motor.
  5. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I bet more like 40 pounds lighter once all the normal goodies are added on.
    R_Little likes this.
  6. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Well I have to say that if possible.....keep the TE and buy the 144. I am fortunate enough to be able to afford and own both. At the dismay of my wife of course. :D I cant really comment with much experience when it comes to racing the TXC. I recently added the '12 ECU and 12 port injector as well. I have only raced the TXC once and have ridden it around my property a few times. Between the two of them the TXC has less vibration. I think you will find that any 2-smoke will have more than a 4-banger. If your having vibration issues Fasst Company sells bar inserts that I bought for the 165. As far as the fun factor?? I giggle every time I ride the 165. It is super fun for messing around on but when things get more serious for racing I have not been disappointed with the bikes performance. Keep in mind that I am no light weight either. I float right around 200 pounds without gear. The WB165 pulls me around, up, and over anything that I have the nerve to tackle. The TXC is fun no doubt but like John said it would do best on a MX track. Dont get me wrong.....the TXC was very capable when I raced it in West Virginia. One of my friends who races in my class made the statement "I might buy a four stroke for next year...that bike was throwing some roost". And he rides a '11 KTM 300XC. Comparing that to a 250 four stroke impressed me. I will be picking and choosing which races thru out the season that I will use each bike for. I absolutely LOVE both bikes and if I had to sell one I would sell the TXC. That would assume that I didnt owe anything on the TXC, they were both in the same condition, and both had the same after market goodies on them. Set me up with a Rekluse and trials tire on the TXC and it could be a much much harder decision! Bottom line is that I highly doubt you would be disapointed in the 144. But if you go that route I would STRONGLY suggest the 165 kit and modified FMF pipe. I have a modified Gnarly pipe if you wanted to try it. But be prepared to have your arms ripped off!:D Hope I was some help!
  7. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The X light bikes are a lot more fragile than the 2 strokes.

Both bikes need a bit of fiddling to get top run right.

I would swap my TE250 in a heartbeat for a 144 if it had a plate.
  8. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    True....if your looking at it from a maintenance point of view the 144 would definitely be king no doubt. Good point! I thought the the '12 ECU and injector would eliminate the off idle stumble I have been experiencing on the TXC. It didnt help at all. Well.....it was only $350 bucks! R_little do you mean a plate just for racing or do you ride your bike on the road? And yes I did forget to mention that the 144 will benefit from the Keihn carb with the JD kit which is available from Motosportz (plug plug!). Some have gotten the Mukini to run great but others havnt. My Keihn runs awesome!
  9. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    I sure wish Husky would make a 200cc category bike!! Look at all of the interest in the WB165! Such a shame:(. Thank goodness for Walt!
    john01 and typeone like this.
  10. hillbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11te250 14cr150
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 ktm500
    THANKS ALL FOR THE FEEDBACK ! Stoped at dealer today to get oil filter. Good excuse to see the WR144 again . Guess what it was being loaded in a truck heading to kansas :eek: the guy that bought it has a 11txc250 and loves it . Says he going to keep both and could not pass up the good deal ! Lucky guy:thumbsup: I asked him if he was on CH he said no but has heard good things about it and i agreed has lots of good information and help from good people ! Guess i still have something to dream about for awhile! Maybe wait and see what 2013 has to offer ? Thanks again and Happy Trails :)
  11. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    If you have any more questions feel free to ask! Most on here will be more than willing to help!
  12. hillbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11te250 14cr150
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 ktm500
    OK ! I over heard the guy ask the dealer what kind of pre mix oil to run in the WR144 ? he showed him a few kinds on the shelf and said these are all good, but stay away from klotz that he has had trouble with it ! Seemed funny to me i have been running klotz super tech II in my banshee for some time now with no problem ! has any of you had trouble with klotz ?
  13. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Funny! That's all I have run in my 2-smokers for the last fifteen years. I don't recall any issues! Like any other fluid, part, etc......if there is any problem with the bike that can't be directly related to anything in particular......something has to be blamed. I'm guilty of that myself sometimes mainly out of frustration.
  14. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
  15. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Klotz has been making a bit of a popularity resurgance. I don't know anyone who uses Klotz in their dirt bikes although I know there are some. Most shops that I go to sell Klotz to the Go Kart crowd mostly. I don't know any reason not to use it.
  16. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Walt, I got a chance to ride your bike today. First of all, I want to say thanks for leaving the brake pedal on it. When I arrived I heard it was a LHRB, and decided I wasn't going to try it for fear of blowing a corner (like Kelly almost did on Russ's bike), but once I found out it still had the pedal, I was all in. And while riding, I did not remember it had the two different map settings, so I'm not sure which mode I rode it in.

I feel like the HGS pipe does not have as much top as my PC pipe. It had a little more on bottom, and a WEE bit more in the mid, but did not have the top I was expecting. Thank you for sending your bike up with Jon, and thanks to Jon for making the trek! I know PC was pumped to get his pipe as well!
  17. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Hey Blake,
    I left the KTM 200 CDI on because of the dual map for slick stuff. I didn't need to worry as it sounded like there wasn't any ice under the snow. The ktm cdi cost it 3 mph of top end versus the CR Husky cdi. JFYI. It also sounds like you probably had it in the mild setting. I rode mine with your pipe for 6 days of riding in Nevada and I don't remember it pulling as hard on top as the HGS, but I think even my butt dyno has CRS at this point in life. Its all good.
  18. JasonMF Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 CR 165
    Other Motorcycles:
    03' Ducati MTS 1000, 12' Ducati 848
    Reviving this thread for some reliability feedback form those that have done the WB 165 kit. I'm interested in hearing how thes little motors are holding up racing, trail riding, etc.. Looking forward to hearing your responses.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    reliable as stock. No issues.
  20. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    only done 30 hours on mine but no issues so far. one of the best engines ive ridden! so much fun