1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc I Rode The Prototype Wr200 And It Is Amazing...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It is everything we hoped for. Rips the head off a 144. Barks off the bottom but still retains that clawing up a hill without wildly spinning the tire like a 250 2st will. Massive mid range, nice strong 250 like top that signs off a little early.

Well OK, technically husky has nothing to do with this bike and technically it is only a 165 but if husky built a WR200 and it ran this good they would be back on the map big time. This bike freaking ROCKS. Whats going on here is I am testing Walts totally custom 165 kit. Custom piston, custom cylinder and KTM 200 FMF fatty pipe modded to fit the 125. Walts work is brilliant. I bolted the kit on, did NO jetting to my PWK jetted for my 144 and the bike starts perfect and rips bottom to top. the gain in power is nothing short of amazing. Seriously, this bike would be hard pressed to be better. The motor is ideal. Makes great bottom that still loves to crawl up hills, can be upshifted EZ under load on big hills and still pulls hard, makes a ton of mid, like be careful type mid and surprisingly also has a good top end rush with big power. I really could not be more happy in that way Walts kit runs. I did not even take a screw driver to the air screw and had a shit eating grin pasted on all day. Also had a stock WR125 for comparison and there simply is no comparison. Owner of the WR125 was thinking about a 144 kit and now for sure wants a 165 kit. I would like to get a KTM 200 around to see the difference. I do not think there is much.

We will be doing more testing with different pipes and carb to see what we get but really i could not be more happy as is.

I have a ton of pix and vids from the day I will work on getting uploaded.

Amazing motor.

[IMG]
    Troy F Collins and typeone like this.
  2. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

CR ignition in the 165?
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nope WR125.

Stock WR125
    Stock PV springs
    PWK carb set for 144
    165 cylinder / custom piston
    Custom PV grind
    custom modded KTM 200 pipe

RIPS.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Sounds super nice. and best of all fun to ride!

oh yea and she looks the part (super sano!!)
  5. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    saaweet! i cant wait to get my kit back. Walt rules :thumbsup:
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The transformation is nothing short of amazing. The motor is just about perfect for me. Would not want more. Feels like a good bit more gain than from the 125 to 144. The 165 has a lot more power than the 144 and does not change the feel of the bike just way better. Took an amazing platform and launched it forward.
  7. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    i'm foaming at the mouth :D the 144 has already been amazing for me, with Walt's tweaks and guidance. absolutely love it. this next bump in power is gonna be nasty!

real happy to hear you're testing with the WR ignition too.
  8. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Welcome to the Club :cheers: We should all get patches or t-shirts or somthing :lol:
  9. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Maybe eye patches like pirates raiding the trails!
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Glad to be in it. Walt tattoos for all. :D
  11. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR G
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  13. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Oh cripes. More money soon to be thrown into the bottom-less dirt bike money pit. :D
  14. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Thanks for throwing me under the bus!!! I did try it twice on the 125, and failed... Not enough power to pull my 220lb fat-arse up the hill.

HOWEVER, the 165 is simply amazing. Kelly is not over-playing it an any way... Everytime we stopped yesterday, he would make endless comments about the bikes performance. I got a chance to saddle up, and try it in some tight stuff. Take my ride report with a grain of salt, because I'm liable to not know what I'm talking about at times...

This thing has amazing power instantly though-out all RPMs... There is no waiting for the power valve to open, no bog ANYWHERE... It is amazingly smooth. And had I tried the 165 over that hill, I know I would of made it without issues. It has a throaty sound to it, but still zips, and is flickable, like we are used to.

I keep my 450 (used to be my main woods bike) parked in the garage, and only bust it out for special occasions (such as hill climbing, dunes, desert, etc...)
    I hate to say it, but with the 165 kit, the 450 will remain parked 11.5 months out of the year, as the husky becomes the "perfect" machine
  15. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    U should get it on your lower back like the old "tramp stamp"
  16. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just got my Walt 165 set up in the mail today, and I can't wait to put it in. I don't currently plan on putting a modded FMF KTM 200 pipe on--hopefully my current FMF Fatty will work well with it.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    look forward to hearing your results. Will try the Doma here shortly. the KTM 200 FMF fatty that is on my bikes sticks down quite a bit.

[IMG]

Uh... No.
  18. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I want. How can I get?
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Walt approached me a while back about retailing these for him. We are working on that and solidifying packages and cost and getting inventory. Walt did all the work on this and I feel weird at this point making money off his efforts but also will be doing a lot of testing and setup and dealing with the retail end of things. We will get it all sorted out soon. Full on kits should be ready soon. Several configurations and pipes and stuff. 144, 165, 165 hi comp, 165 with pipe etc. After riding this bike the 165 and pipe is what I think will be the ticket. Not even interested in 144's any more :D
  20. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Got mine a couple days ago :cheers: I have a Doma , Scalvini and a modded Ktm 200 pipe to try