1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc I Rode The Prototype Wr200 And It Is Amazing...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    70 hrs on my 165. I love it, can't really think of a bike that would suit me better. Very nimble/light with a suprising amount of grunt to power through slow/technical sections.

It took me a long time to pull the trigger on the kit. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I really can't say enough about the motor and would recommend it to anyone.
    shawbagga likes this.
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I just did king of the moto for the 3rd time on a Walt Smith 165 walt had rebuilt it last year I did the race on that motor then a few others even Last dog Standing Then with out touching a thing did it again this year Even the same clutch
    Pedec and gots_a_sol like this.
  3. JasonMF Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 CR 165
    Other Motorcycles:
    03' Ducati MTS 1000, 12' Ducati 848
    Thanks for the replies. Glad to hear these kits are tough. Ajax, are riding a CR or WR? How'd you do at KOM?
  4. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I have a WR converted to WB 165
    and now in the process to get the SM to a 165

to catch everything in one line of smileys for this 165 engine

:D:cool::):banana::thumbsup::applause::love::notworthy:

Robert-Jan
    Norman Foley likes this.
  5. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I ve taken a while to get mine set up but really happy with it and no issues .
    Wasn't 100% and I bought a 144 kit but then changed the pipe I had on it back to original 2013 pipe and it runs a lot better now . Pulls hard and revs well.
    Very good in technical stuff and fun on the pipe .
    flyingbob likes this.
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
  7. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Great thread, read the whole thing! I want to do a 165 real bad. Truth is though I'm not done sorting and deciding whether I'm gonna' keep my 300 yet.
    A week after I bought it I got called back in to work, so 3 months away from home after only a few rides and spent most of that time jetting and playing with suspension. Reading CH and ordering parts has kept me from going completely insane, but I still wake up in the middle of night fantasizing about
    ...my WR :rolleyes:
    justintendo likes this.
  8. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

CR geared 12/52 It is really hard to stall and will creap along. Every where else but KOM and LDS is geared 13/52. As for KOM I got my butt kicked, even all the girls had a better day. I rode along had no problems just not fast enough to move on to the afternoon 12 mile harder loop
    The 165 was perfect and has done this race 3 times on the same cylinder
    NCSteve likes this.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I have 2 friends that had WR300's and built 165's... the 300 sit until they get sold. They both like them far better than the 300 for tighter woods stuff.
  10. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    I have 20 hours on my 165 now (Lectron/200SX pipe). Just got back from Durhamtown in Ga. for a 3 day ride trip. Bike works great. I am running 12/50 and 3rd and 4th in the trees is absolutely perfect. My friends were calling my bike "The Angry Little Bee" as they would hear me behind them or screaming in front of them as I passed. Bike pulls really well down low. Doesn't feel like it is pulling as well as it does, just keeps pulling and is hard to stall. I had to use the clutch very little. While I like my 165 in the tight stuff, I will not get rid of my 300! As awesome as the 165 is, for open stuff or high altitude trips like Colorado and such, you cannot beat the 300 overall. It does everything well including droning along on the road if I need to. But the 165 will get alot of my woods use, it is perfect for that.
    Motosportz likes this.
  11. JasonMF Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 CR 165
    Other Motorcycles:
    03' Ducati MTS 1000, 12' Ducati 848
    Loving all the feedback! Thanks guys! :cheers:
    Just scored a 14 CR 165 from a fellow CH user... Thanks dirt addict! Getting it set up for me over the next few days. Can hardly wait to go rip this thing in the trails! First two stroke since my 86 cr 80 back in my teenage days.
    shawbagga, Motosportz and lankydoug like this.
  12. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Well the main point of getting the 300 for me is seeing if I can move up to top 10 B class and maybe A class. Have had a couple of fun mid pack rides on the XR and now looking for lighter and faster, which the 300 def is.
    Also, I'm 5'11/160, just turned 50 but still fit an strong enough to train and race...I think ;)
    After reading all this 165 goodness I'm thinking it will haul my skinny ass really well and be much easier to sustain race speed for 1-3 hours at a time.
    The smile factor sounds great too, would love be the angry bee passing the open 4t pack in the tight stuff. Even in it's stock state the 300 absolutely rips, I can't wait to install that Lectron and get the suspension tuned. I'm going to shop for a deal on the tiddler in the meantime and maybe even sell the trusty XR to finance a WB165 project for next winter. Like firebolter I like the idea of keeping 'em both.
    The last 2t I owned was a Maico MC250 :thumbsup: got ruined by a hurricane in '89 and basically been on XRs since then.

cheers! it's beer-o-clock where I am
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    yes, having both is best :cheers:
  14. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Still would love it if he would do a kit for the 250 -- geared toward that low-end grunt.
  15. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Why not a wr300 with a Lectron, Fatty and some PV tuning? That's what I'm hoping.

:cheers:
    Motosportz likes this.
  16. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    Just for your planning purposes

I am 220 plus gear and the 165 hauls the mail. When the PV hits, the front end gets lite and this thing revs to the moon. So at 150lbs, you got an easy 70 lbs on me and that would make it that much faster.

I am 57 so you have MANY fast years ahead of you! I still can routinely keep up with and beat riders half my age, and when you do it on a small bike, they just get sick (I LOVE THAT). I passed my buddy on his 300 Sherco and he couldn't believe how fast the little 165 is.

Honestly, if I COULD ONLY HAVE 1 BIKE, I would choose the 300. Not because the 165 isn't all that, it is, but because the 300 is just the best all around bike I have ever ridden and does EVERYTHING well. Once I added the Lectron and EXP Autoclutch to that bike, there isn't a hill or rock garden that can stop me. No more arm pump. I could DS the 300, not the 165.

165 can go anywhere and I am probably be faster through the woods on the 165, but get out into the open, massive rock gardens, big hills etc. or high altitude, that is where the 300 earns it's biscuits.
    johnnyboy, wallybean and Motosportz like this.
  17. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I already have a 250 because I couldn't find a used 300.

But, $1500 for the upgrade kit which includes a pipe that I don't need: http://www.ktm-parts.com/AOMC/product/8000H0915, is why I'm looking elsewhere.
  18. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Think I like about the 125 / 165 is you can control it easier up hills - not too much power - not hanging on for dear life on back and out of control like when on a 450 and a 300 to some extent
  19. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    dang 1500 bucks you could just buy an older 360 and bolt the motor right in.
    wallybean and Cosmokenney like this.
  20. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    that would also come with FREE six speed bonus upgrade. with an actual wide ratio transmission..