Gouging the Ice!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by FabOneUp, Dec 5, 2013.

1. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    Not a lot of ice on a hockey rink, almost got a set of those real cheep about a year back.
  2. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    Are more studs going in the center? I know those guys are sideways almost the whole time, so maybe they are not necessary.
  3. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oh yea, I wasn't finished with the tire yet and the center knobs are full.
  4. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

My tire sucked at the indoor but I think Jake won the pro classes on my front tire at Sacandaga yesterday.
  5. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Went and watched the first race this Sunday…..Super awesome and super cold! -24F in the AM and -10 the rest of the day! No one raced my bike.:) We brought hot soup and good friends. Here are a few pics.
    IMG_3263.JPG
    IMG_3246.JPG

Here is Ryan #10 on his vintage Husky!
    IMG_3256.JPG

What would the difference be? More pure ice indoor or sharper lean angels?
    LandofMotards likes this.
  6. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

I built them legally as the whole washer must fully touch the knob, inhibits the lean angle. Jay said he had the only legal front tire there as every front he looked at was off the knob angled.
  7. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    0107141243.jpg
    Put the old set of tires on the tt500 its just fun to hang on to. Set of 19 kendas that don't like deep snow and shakes like a big thumper should LOL
    FabOneUp and Steve Kanya like this.
  8. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nice! Can we see the whole thing?
  9. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    FabOneUp and Steve Kanya like this.
  10. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    FabOneUp likes this.
  11. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

That bike has been breathed on big time this year and is a monster now. I may race it in the old man's class on the weekends he's not doing the arena ICE races.
  12. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    lets hope the weather holds, its not looking good for sunday
  13. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good night for Maloney down in Florida last night winning pole and the main. Hope to race his bike next week at our club's ice race in Hurleyville, NY. [with my tires tho] 1601448_792073630809137_539358999_n.jpg
    FabOneUp likes this.
  14. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    It was a good day at the races here today too! Even my friends that didn't place put on a good show and fought hard for their positions. Lots of top three trophies for Big D's racers. The speed and control of the pro class still just blows my mind…and they never crash out.:notworthy: Lots of carnage in all the other classes though.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  15. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ok Steve how did you do this weekend ?
  16. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

I didn't race just practiced as I won't have insurance till Feb 1st but my front tires won every pro heat and main along with many Amateur and Senior class wins. Was tuff watching and not racing. The club did fine at the race as the spectator parking lot was full. We should have about 15" of ice by next sunday, brutal cold front on the way. Bummer about Sturbridge and EC cancelling. Jake was unbelievably fast yesterday and he and Maloney put on a great show.
  17. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    One of the boys said he saw you, what Obama didn't sell you insurance to race LOL. Sturbridge should be on this weekend.
  18. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm hard to miss with my Fun Mover and all the action that goes on around me with helping the kids race, flagging, lining up riders, mounting ice tires for people, riding the YZ and sellin tires. Non stop day but wish I could have chased PJ, Jake, and Jay on the TT. I can hang on the road course but they smoke me on the huge backstretch with their breathed on CRFs. The YZ was very fast in the road section even w/ this old man on it.
  19. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
  20. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

Impressed that he kept PJ in site in the heat. He just signed a Moto GP Supersport contract for next year and is a scary fast ice racer. Maloney struggled with a rear tire that wouldn't brake/turn going right, he should have raced my YZ.