Gouging the Ice!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by FabOneUp, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

A thaw and frigid weather coming back, we have one more shot at least, it'll be a mx track but it only helps us woods riders with suspension, Huskie, LOL. I have a killer knobby waiting to mount for the crap ice and the Fun Mover is ready to travel.
  2. Jon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 TXC 310R
    after a crash this weekend bike kart-wheeled and the rear wheel landed on top of me

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  3. Jon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 TXC 310R
    a few pic before the crash, was a fun day til that
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  4. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

Celebrating after a safe two day ice race championship in Lake George with some uber fast ice racers and a young kid I'm helping out. Alot of talent in this pic, Jay Maloney, Jake Constantine, and the kid Hurricane Harry Rogers. They all came home with championships, two on my built ice racers. Jake has help from Jay Skidmore, the man. I'm the good looking one in the back, LOL. Tuff keeping it together on the ice for two days, gearing, tires, air pressure, partying, etc. Great nerve racking fun tho. Keith Jacobsen on the right kicks my ass in the Senior class, an ex Camel Pro dirt tracker. His son, PJ, is now a World Supersport road racer and has a race in Australia this weekend. Man can he ice race, he and Jake battle big time. Lake George celebtation 2014.JPG
    FabOneUp and MotoMarc36 like this.
  5. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Looks like fun, nice job to you and your riders.:thumbsup:

I have a ton of pictures and gopro footage from some seriously awesome roadrace courses this year with Stew, just need the time to edit and upload!:cool:

There was a kid from NewYork on a KTM at the Steelshoe who was hauling the mail until his fender broke.... I have a pic of him and his bike somewhere but forget what his name was. Nice youngster.
    Steve Kanya likes this.
  6. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kdx200 tt500 yz450 klx125
    looks like we may get one more, then its play days only.
    Steve Kanya likes this.
  7. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    is tri-state gonna run one more ?
  8. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

No we are done after the terrible showing at out last two ice races, next year is up in the air. We have a NETRA hare scrambles in May at a ski slope and then a National Vintage Dirt Track on the books. A shame as we have never had more ice. I'll be on Greenwood Lake, NY this sunday testing more tires for next year, if I have a bike, the dominator YZ 250 TT winner may be gone. Constantine's buddy wants it.
  9. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    One of the guys called and said one more race out in N.Y this weekend, how about warners lake ?
  10. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

Electric City Riders are racing in East Berne, NY on Warners Lake this sunday the 9th. Warming up a bit but that's ice racing. I may be in Arizona visiting a buddy with a week or two left on his plate. Damn cancer.
  11. DTX915 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
  12. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    Hey Jon, something happened to your pics and I never got to see them. My alerts are not letting me know of activity here for some reason and I have missed the last page of posts. Hope your body stayed in one piece after the crash!