Cush Hub TE630

Discussion in '610/630' started by genghis9021, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Hey Will,
    i missed your post above and now the link is no longer working .
    I got a quote from local wheel builder Ash's for 985 for the rad hub, did rim and hd spokes. I put a order in before seeing your post.
  2. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Good to support the local guys Stu ,sounds like about the same price as getting one in from the the states.
    Ash supplied the spokes and rim for my other bike and two others and those have been belted across the country and many other rides for the last 3 years and are still holding strong.
  3. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Picked up my new rad cush hub laced to a did rim . Swapped over rubber,sprocket and disc, went to fit it up . No way i could get it to fit . Checked it again stock hub and it is 4mm wider spacer to spacer. Dropped it back to local wheel builder with stock wheel so they can figure out whats going on . They have been great to deal with so i am sure they will sort it out .
  4. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    That might be the difference in the rad for ktm and the the husky,4mm.Did your sprocket carrier have husky 4T stamped into it?Was chatting to Joe about what the differences could be.If it is it means a ktm sprocket carrier could be machined to fit.Joe's got one machined down for a 950 2wd conversion that had the rear chain moved inboard.That would make those china cush wheels work if that is the case.Keep us updated.
  5. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    I will let you know what happens , i didnt check measurements sprocket to disk so i am not sure where the 4mm is. Anyway i am sure they will figure it out
  6. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Could someone possibly get me a measure from rear disc to sprocket on a stock wheel please .. Just outside to outside ..
    And if anyone has a Rad hub can they check some measurements and let me know what they get please . Thank you .
  7. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Stu not outside but inside or mounting surface,sprocket mounting face to disc mounting face, 156mm
  8. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Cush hub all sorted . Ash's spoked wheel builders here in Brisbane said rubbers in rad supplied hub where too big, not allowing the sprocket carrier to sit down into the cush the whole way . So they cut the rubbers ( hopefully its not an issue ), also took 1mm off a spacer.
    I checked all the measurement and they all are as per stock wheel now . Fitted it up and it all looks fine .
    Got a big multi day ride next weekend so it should bed it all in .

Thanks Will for the measures and ken for the pm .
  9. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    You can see the gap here between the sprocket carrier and the cush .. Thats where it should have been seated down into the cush. image.jpg
  10. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    I am pretty sure the gap should be there. It is on mine, and on my Terra. Shouldn't be any metal to metal contact between carrier and hub. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  11. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Hey Ken , i will dbl check tonight , i am certain there is still a gap just not so much of a gap . Ye it would make sense for there to be metal no metal contact .
    These distance between sprocket and and disc is correct now at 156 mm as per wills measurements
  12. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Shouldn't the carrier bearing+spacer contact the wheel hub bearing?Wouldn't matter how tight the rubbers are as it should all seat up once tensioned.You can check by removing the rubbers and doing up the wheel without.
    Looks like the 690 wheel is 20mm wider between sprocket mount and disc mount.So would require a bit of lathe time if it could be done.

KTM690 hub measurements.jpg
  13. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Just checked and there is still a gap, it is small, only 1-1.5mm.
    I presume it was not seating properly before. I will do as you suggest will and test spacing without rubbers
  14. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    You're not the only one, had the same issue. I suspect RAD's 'yes, this fits a 630' - is bullshit. Either that or they have a batch with something out of whack....problem is I still can't decide what it is that's specifically wrong....
  15. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Not hard to work out.The sprocket carrier bearing has to seat on a spacer or hard up against the wheel bearing.Take out the rubbers and bolt it up ,if it fits you got tight rubbers .If it doesn't you have spacer issues.To test if its axle spacers or carrier spacer just measure flange to flange without rubbers in if its the same as stock hub check the axle spacers.I suspect with the rubbers being a bit thick that the carrier is not seating fully making the hub to wide to get into the swingarm.They will wear.
  16. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    I havent had a chance to pull mine apart this week and i am going to put a fair few k's on it this weekend . I trust the wheel builders, they have the spacing right sprocket to disc, everything is aligned so as they said issue was with rubbers ( i just havent looked to see how or what they cut . Simple one you could probably call and ask them - they are friendly guys .
  17. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike

Yep so I did all that last weekend and came up at about 2mm too wide without the rubbers, and ~5mm too wide with the rubbers (those are spacer to spacer measurements). I'm 95% sure the issue is on the sprocket carrier side as the brake rotor alignment seems to be correct, but there is a gap between the sprocket carrier bearing and the internal wheel spacer when the rubbers are installed. The fact that it doesn't fit, even with no rubbers in it, is a bit of a bummer though....Either the sprocket carrier protusions (the bits that sit between the rubbers) are too tall, or the axle spacer on the chain ring side is too tall.

I've also found that when using the stock sprocket bolts and nuts, the nuts will interfere with the wheel hub when the sprocket carrier moves relative to the hub. Did you guys replace the sprocket bolts?
  18. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    I remember the wheel builder saying he took 1mm off a spacer and the rest was in the rubber . I am running stock sprocket and bolts . I was sure how much the cush will twist so did not think it would do so enough to contact . Maybe it will .
    Bugger my wheel is on amd i have a multi day friday morn . Will just have to see what happens
  19. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    Even if the nuts/bolt ends do contact the hub, it should (I hope) only result in fairly superficial damage to the hub body so I wouldnt be overly worried, just enjoy the ride and keep an eye on it I guess :thumbsup:

If you could report back and let me know how it goes, it would be appreciated.

Cheers
  20. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    I will try have a look this arvo . Flat strap at work so f all free time to do much . Maybe i could reverse the bolt so the nuts on the outside.