Cush Hub TE630

Discussion in '610/630' started by genghis9021, Jan 7, 2014.

1. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    SWM SUPERDUAL comes with a cush hub. The picture is taken from 2018 model X spare parts catalogue

Could be compatible with TE 630?

Rueda trasera Superdual X 2018.png
    Kenneth Webb likes this.
  2. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Everything mechanical (not body work or electrical) seems to be the same as the Italian 630. My uneducated guess is it will work. Could this mean that SWM ACTUALLY remedied the self destruction clutch design? I sure hope so!
    Kenneth Webb likes this.
  3. riz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 630, 2012 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Vespa S150, Honda XL200 Scrambler
    I used the rear wheel from a Kawasaki Ninja 250. Cush drive, sprocket and disc included.

Needed new bearings and spacers.

Works ok so far.

Attached Files:

Eurofreak likes this.
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What bearings and spacers?

Did you make the spacers?

Do you have drawings of them?
  5. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F

Who will be the brave man who places the first order and checks that really fits? :)
  6. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050, KLX300, TT250,
    Well, the swingarms share the same part numbers, as do the brake discs, so I reckon it will fit. Will need to change bearings as the two axles are different diameters 30mm vs 25mm, and fab some spacers, but that not too hard. Parts come to about $500 in Australia, so if your hub needs replacing anyway, I'd do it.
  7. riz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sorry, it was done by a shop. So not sure what bearing they used and the spacer dimension. It's still running the husky oem axle.

I'll ask them and update
  8. riz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    So I asked the shop. For the wheel bearing, the guy said they used the bearing off of the gearbox axle bearing from a scooter called Honda Vario (pic attached). Dunno if you can source one where you are.

Sorry if that doesn't help

Attached Files:

9. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for trying.

the bearing has a number and you will find out what it is when and if you have to replace the wheel bearings.

Thanks
  10. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    I had Woodys make up a cush hub for my 630, but if using the SWM parts I would be tempted to have the swing arm milled slightly for the larger SWM axle. I bet the swing arm opening is the same as in the TE630.
  11. brianswm Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    swm superdual
    swm rear wheel bearings are 63005 2rs.(25x47x16)...cush drive bearing 6006 2rs (30 x 55 x 13) this bearing has an insert.
  12. Pint Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW HP2 Enduro
    I guess its me. :)
    Just placed an order for the SWM superdual cush hub and spacers . Will keep you posted.
  13. Scott Eldredge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW F850 GSA. Gas Gas Txt 300
    I inquired of the SWM dealer in Northern CA about such a change, and the answer was don't know, we don't do work like that, and then no answers at all. I
    'm interested to see how it goes. Please do keep us informed.

Where did you order the parts from?
  14. Pint Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW HP2 Enduro
    Hi. I ordered it from Italy, www.evolutionbike.it
    I just test fitted the hub. Fits perfectly , and sprocket, rotor mounts and lines up fine.
    Now just have to have it laced up to a rim.

20210808_102304.jpg
  15. Scott Eldredge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks much. I'll check it out. Did you order the hub for the Superdual? Actually, could you tell me what you ordered (I'm looking at the partsonline now, and am not sure.)

I have 4000 miles on my bike, nearly all highway, and am wondering about wear on the clutch spring washers. How long do they last? I wonder if the SWM uses better ones, or the same but they last with a cush hub.
  16. Pint Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW HP2 Enduro
    Not sure about the clutch washers. I got mine upgraded with the heavy duty ones at 6000 miles.
    Yes i ordered the parts for a SuperDual X (or T same hub)

here is the part number list. You only need 1 spacer ordered , you can reuse your rotor side spacer and axle.
    6 F000A01875 HUB, REAR WHEEL
    14 F000A01001 DRUM, REAR SPROCKET
    19 800082075 DAMPER, COUPLING
    25 F000P01099 SPACER, OUTER
    https://evolutionbike.it/swmstore/oem-parts/superdual/frame/28a-wheel-rear-superdual-x.html
  17. Scott Eldredge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Do you remember how your clutch washers looked when you replaced them? Thank you for the parts list. I figured 6, 14, and 19,but didn't know about 25, the spacer. Going to order. I just took a 1500 mile trip on my bike; it could be a little more comfortable. I think a cush drive will help.
  18. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250

Just a point to bear in mind:

I recently did a cush hub on my 2021 KTM 500 EXC.

Initially I thought I would just need a cush hub that matched the stock KTM rim.
    However I was told by Haan, the cush hub supplier, that I would need a special rim for the cush hub
    for the simple reason that the space taken by the cush hub on the wheel hub means that the left and
    right side spokes are slightly closer together on the wheel hub vs the stock hub.
    This means that the spokes will approach the rim at a slightly different angle than stock and therefore
    the nipple indents in the rim need to be machined differently to match the new spoke angles.

Based on the above you may need to get the superdual rim to match the cush hub.
  19. Scott Eldredge Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Te 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the heads up. Nice to find out what one doesn't know before the last minute. Maybe the parts diagrams for the two bikes will offer a hint. ... The part number for the spoke nipple is the same in the 2011 Te630 parts manual as the online SWM SuperDual diagram. The part numbers for the left and right spokes are different. Parts could be same but different suppliers or material, or just different. I guess this part of the adventure in adventure riding.
  20. Pint Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW HP2 Enduro
    I will ride the bike, and taking the hub to a professional wheel builder this week . I let you know what he say. Alternatively there is the option to order a complete SuperDual X wheel.