Cush Hub TE630

Discussion in '610/630' started by genghis9021, Jan 7, 2014.

1. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    Yep I looked at that and compared it to the cush hub on my road bike and the bolts are indeed reversed with the nut on the outside of the bike. The difference is that the road bike sprocket is not countersunk for the head of bolt like the husky (Kush) sprocket is, at least on my bike. You can't move the sprocket to the inside of the carrier, and if you flip it in place to have the nuts against a flat surface, then when you tighten them you are essentially doing so over a cavity. If the sprocket wasn't countersunk it would be a no-brainer, but unfortunately, it is....
  2. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Might contact the swingarm if you do that.
    You poor blokes,I though i was going the hard by trying to find a sprocket carrier for a te610 cush wheel and if that fails trying to mount a gs500 carrier to the the 610 wheel.
  3. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    ok just checked, I didn't take the wheel off yet but it looks like 3-4 of the bolts will just about make contact .. its only 1 mm or in it .. I did a 15 minute ride to the shops and I can see some small marks where there is contact.

It looks like the nuts will just about clear, but the tip of the bolt will make contact .. it can all be sorted with a bit of work but it does suck that you pay $500 for cush hub and it does not bolt straight up and work.

It will be right when sorted but I am a bit annoyed.
  4. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    image.jpg
    You can see how close it . This one just clears but some of the others dont .
  5. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Bit of a design error there.Looks like to get the width right they have brought the carrier in losing the clearance for the nuts.Might of been better to skim a few mm off the carrier flange to compensate.Most of the rad hubs for other brands seem have the flange sit out a bit further.
    Has any one asked woodys about this?
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145899&highlight=woodys
  6. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    What ya reckon Will . Do i ride or try find time to swap everything back onto my old hoop .
  7. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Tough call Stu.How much rub is there? Lower profile locking nuts.Aftermarket bolt kit maybe.If it was mine and had time I would face the back of the carrier at each bolt hole a couple of mm but it is new.You could file the nuts a little , on the non lock side, on the ones that are close and file the bolts flush.Some of the bolts look like they protrude more than others in your pic.
  8. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Well my wheel builder Ash's spoked wheel has been nothing but awesome .
    I dropped the wheel off this morning and Ash sorted it . I would have done a hamfisted job at home .
    When giving me a quote those guys would not of anticipated the extra work . They would not take any money . I bought them a carton and guess what , they dont drink beer . Nothing was too much trouble .

so the carrier has had some lade time, new nuts n bolts . Should be sweet now .

Attached Files:

XLEnduroMan, SimpleOne and DYNOBOB like this.
  9. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Good stuff Stu.
  10. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    400k down today , bike running a treat . Loving it .
    SimpleOne likes this.
  11. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Awesome.Did Rob clean his bike he won dirtiest bike thursday night lol.
  12. Tonkatoytaco Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    I was reading this. What year 610 hubs fit the 630? I am trying to get a supermoto set up and am having trouble finding ones for it. So if I can find out what other models fit the 630 I can order some. Can someone please help. Thank you
  13. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    We may have a new option for a Cush hub. CCM 450 offers one, it's apparently 156mm bearing to bearing and 154mm rotor to sprocket mount measurement. Think it's 20mm axle. Someone who could actually put their hands on one would have to check brake rotor size and bolt pattern. IF one shows up at the Calgary motorcycle show in a few weeks I'll try to get some photos and measurements off it.
    DYNOBOB, JonDirt and Timberline like this.
  14. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

15. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    Oh. And the there was no sign of CCM at the motorcycle show in Calgary this year, so I couldn't get a good look to see if the CCM wheel/ hub would fit.
  16. kirbybikes Husqvarna
    AA Class

17. Stujam Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09te610, 11te630
    Rad out of business ?
    Sux .. Wonder how long cush rubbers last n where i will get spare for 630 rad cush .

I know in Oz a local 630 owner got a lovely thallon rim with a cush in it off our local husky dealer .
  18. Thumperama Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg, Ducati, Triumph, Aprilia
    I sent an email to Rad Mfg inquiring about replacement rubbers for their Cush hubs. I am also checking with Woody's in Denver (who built my wheels) for alternatives. I had heard that stock KTM Cush rubbers will work but want to verify this.

Sucks that Rad will soon be no more.
  19. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    Does no one have a friend or acquaintance or dealer nearby with a CCM 450GP? Based on the fact some CCM guys are using husky axles in the rear as an upgrade, there's a pretty good chance the cush hub rear wheel available from CCM would be a direct bolt on (maybe with new spacers required) to the TE630.
  20. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I have had many second hand '80's Japanese bikes with stock cush hubs. The rubber in them never seem to give out. I bet they will last longer then any of us will be riding our bikes.
    Stujam and Thumperama like this.