Cush Hub TE630

Discussion in '610/630' started by genghis9021, Jan 7, 2014.

1. NoMad410 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE410 E
    True! :D

By the way, fits what? A 630? A 98-04 610? Or an 05+ 610?
  2. Borgschulze Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Yamaha WR450
    Anything you can wedge it into and make the appropriate spacers for.

Fits up quite well to my 2007 TE610.

220mm and 240mm rotors are available for it too.

The Sprocket-Rotor distance is exactly the same between the SV650/GS500 Cush setup as the stock TE610 hub, 156mm.
  3. NoMad410 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE410 E
    Thanks very much! That's exactly the info I was wondering about.
  4. Borgschulze Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Yamaha WR450
    No problem.

I need to remember to weigh my wheels this weekend when I swap them, those SV650 rims are pretty light.
  5. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    Yep, I'm very interested in this as well. I have a friend with a KTM640, if I can convince him to let me pull his bike apart I could get some measurements comparing the stock TE630 hub to the KTM 640's.
  6. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    I did get a response from the ebay guys asking for a few measurements to confirm they can make one, sent them in, but never heard back. I'll follow up.
  7. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    Did you ever get any response?
    Otherwise I'm going to have to shell out the money and go with a Woody Wheels setup.
  8. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    No response. It's ebay seller crbmotor2010. I just sent another follow up message, but I'm not holding my breath..
  9. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    Woody's Wheel Works is now starting to look into a cush hub for my TE630. So, if you are thinking about a cush hub from them then now is the time to start doing it - see if we can get any sort of significant numbers together for a possible group discount etc.
  10. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    They have given me an approximate price for their cush hub, upgraded bearings, and re-using my Takasago rim. So, I am on the list. My wheel will go to them when I get the bike back from Zip Ty.
  11. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Who do we need to contact? I'll probably be in for one.
  12. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    I have been talking with Zach, but I'm sure they all have a fair idea what they're doing ;)

I'm looking at using the RAD Equalizer 'Husqvarna 4 Stroke' cush rear hub, but Woody's have replied with a response talking about modifying a RAD KTM cush rear hub, so it might be that this particular 'Husqvarna 4 Stroke' from RAD only fits the TE511 and smaller bikes - maybe the 630's use a different hub...I've emailed RAD for some clarification on that and I'll let you know what comes back.

I've also pointed this thread out to Woody's Wheel Works and asked if they could perhaps spell out the options for 630 owners here, rather than having to respond to similar/the same questions in a bunch of seperate emails. I'll point some of the ADVRider threads here as well in case anyone else on there is interested.
  13. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Last time at Woodys they showed the modified hub to me. They have it beefed up vs the stock RAD hub. Bearings are All Balls unless you get the upgraded bearings. Not much additional cost.
    SimpleOne likes this.
  14. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Woody's used to mod RAD KTM hubs before there was a RAD Husky specific hub that was plug and play.
    I wonder if they are out of the Husky specific RAD hubs?
    :excuseme:
  15. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    Finally got word back from the ebay seller, can't (won't?) do a TE630 hub. So sounds like woodys is the way to go.
    SimpleOne likes this.
  16. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    Thanks Kenneth and Bushwa.

Hopefully someone from Woody's will chime in, as I'd be interested to know what they're beefing up in the hub and/or why they don't use the RAD 'Husky 4 Stroke' hub.
  17. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Woodys comments would be welcomed. From my visual it was obvious that they increased the size of the internal webs between bearing housing and the outter hub.
  18. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    Im finding this thread interesting and its already answered some questions i had.
    I was looking at those RAD Husky 4 stroke hubs aswell, they seemed to be the only cush hubs available for my 2008 SM610.
    I think i will end up destroying the standard hub on my SM610 with constantly riding on tarmac.
    Hopefully an available hub will be found.
    I will definitely be interested in a group buy if one is made available.
  19. Huskyfly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking for my next Husky......
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Africa Twin, 2013 TE310
    Ken, add me to the list if you think it all checks out, I'll buy a rear Cush hub if woody's builds it. If you talk to them ask them if I send both wheels in how much for the Cush hub add on for the rear and a new light weight hub for the front?
  20. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Put me down as another potential interest on this. I'm definitely interested, but trying to ration bike expenses out past the new year (as I am in the midst of an unanticipated 1600 bike repair now...kind of tough going into the holidays.) After the new year I'd be willing to splurge on this. On that note- can anyone give a hint as to what this may cost?

Spice Weasel- Your hub should be fine. The cush hub is more of a help to lessen the shock to the final drive (counter shaft, clutch cush/cup washers, transmission, etc.) That's where the pricey fixes enter in...toasting your CS or any internals and you're in the red quick.
    Spice Weasel likes this.