Cush Hub TE630

Discussion in '610/630' started by genghis9021, Jan 7, 2014.

1. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Looks like it would take an axle or bearing swap, I believe the 630 axle is a 26mm. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  2. Kickaha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630

I found a te610 cush hub but it does not fit straight onto the 630. The hub is about 5mm wider on the 630. As a result, trying to mount the 610 cush hub, the disc is well aligned, but the sprocket needs to be offset 5mm outwards which is a problem. Placing spacers between the hub and the sprocket is not a nice solution, it prevents the sprocket from sitting nicely centered and held on the hub.
  3. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

How much extra travel can you get out of the slider pins on the rear caliper? Could that be enough?

Also, if I had to space a sprocket, it would be with a solid centric ring. Since I've got some plate and a lathe, I could get creative and crank one out. Would be easier to make it perfect and lighten it up if I had an index table for the mill.
  4. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    A 5mm spacer can be made from an old sprocket so I could use a two stroke wheel on a four stroke:
    [IMG]
  5. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes

The later 610s should have the same hub as a 630. What year is the hub off of?
  6. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    The recent 610 hubs are identical to the 630 hubs, gotta go back to early 2000's to find a cush 610 hub.
  7. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    The guy that had the 610 cush on the berg also had it on a late model 610 .That wheel has been on a few bikes with diffferent spacers and adapters.
  8. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes

Like has been said the 4 stroke hubs are the same in recent history except TR and of course SD.

IMO the hub isn't OEM or there have been bearing/spacer changes.
    The old Husky cush should fit with a bearing/spacer change. I first learned this from a well respected Husky parts man. I have converted old pre 04 wheels/hubs (not cush though) to fit the later Husky bikes 04+ but two stroke and four stroke hubs are different.
  9. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Ok
    Next time i see him i will ask if he changed bearings.It is good to know bearing swaps are possible with huskies.There are alot of hubs you cant just swap bearings on.If the axle is smaller,different slider blocks and spacers will get a wheel on there.My aim is to get a cush wheel on for under 500.I have a mate running dr350 cushes on ktm which pretty much bolt on.A wheel built here is a 1000+
  10. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    I'm after the same thing, even though a 1000$ for a cush hub wheel would still save money in the long run. IMO
  11. Kickaha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630

I had the same exact idea and made such a spacer. But I don't like the fact that the sprocket is not centerered on the spacer as it is on the sprocket holder. I wonder if there are any mechanical consequences to that. The sprocket is held only by the bolts and I would suspect that force applied to those is higher and they would have a trend to get untied.
    Second issue I found, is that the sprocket is drilled for conical head bolts, so tightening the bolt does it on an empty space. I dont know if that is mechanically very good.
  12. Kickaha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630

I would be very interested to know if Haan could make such wheels for the 630, especially since I am in Europe. I contacted them last year and they told me they dont make such hubs. But we did not discuss about the possibility of adapting the hub they make for KTM's.
  13. Kickaha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630

Not sure where my hub is from, but I am pretty sure it is from a TE610e. It looks OEM to me, comparing it to other pictures I saw. Total length of this hub between disc and sprocket is 151mm vs. 156mm for the TE630 hub. This thread is pointing out the same issue between the older TE610E hub and the latest TE610.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673395

Attached Files:

14. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
  15. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    Me too. Prefer a full wheel, bolt on, with Cush hub. Spacer and or bearing swap I'd be ok with for that price. Looking to hear how your mates turn out. So is someone contacting them with specifics for the 630 Cush hub?
  16. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Great info, I'd forgotten about that thread.
    Thanks for posting it.
  17. bushwa Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Hawk Gt
    ok.. After pulling apart my clutch basket to replace the cush spring washers, and seeing the state of the basket, washers, and spring retaining plate after only 14,000 km, I'm looking for a cush rear hub again. I contacted the seller of the Chinese hubs/wheels with the following:

I have a 2011 Husqvarna TE630 and need a cush hub rear wheel.
    I have a spare stock rear wheel/hub.
    If I send you a detailed blueprint of the existing hub, or possibly even the stock hub, could you modify one of your existing designs to fit my motorcycle?
    What would the Hub only cost?
    Thank You

I'll post up response if I get one.
    My plan is to get the hub only and lace it to my 17" SM rear wheel and keep the 18" rear dirt tire as it is.
    Most of the km I put on will be pavement based anyway.
  18. NoMad410 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE410 E
    Sorry, if I'm being a bit obtuse here, but are you saying that a pre-2004 TE/SM610 hub will fit directly on a 630?

I asked in another thread whether it would even fit on a post-2004 TE610, but (so far) it seems it may not. Shame, that, if it turns out not to fit.
  19. NoMad410 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE410 E
    Ditto!
    Answered a lot of my questions. I really wonder why it was dropped from the later models!
  20. Borgschulze Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Yamaha WR450
    You can make anything fit... it's all about how much work you're willing to do, or money you're willing to spend.

SV650 rear wheel fits with a GS500 cush drive, just have to machine off the bearing seal lip, and make custom spacers. It's about 20 minutes of actual work to get it to fit.