Wheel hubs for TE/SM 610s (same size on all yms?)

Discussion in '610/630' started by NoMad410, Oct 8, 2014.

1. NoMad410 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE410 E
    Can anyone tell me if the rear wheel hub on TE610Es (and SM & 410 & co) can be interchanged between older, pre-2005 models, i.e. the ones with the sprocket carrier, cush drive and six bolt disc rotors and the 2005+ models where the sprocket is bolted directly to the hub with no cush, and which have four disc rotor bolts.

If the wheels are not 100% easily interchangeable, is there a simple mod to achieve this?
    Thanks
  2. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Doubt it.

I think the old 410's had smaller axles and I bet narrower sprocket mounts like the 2 strokes.

The SM's have similar hubs to a TE but the front rotor holes are larger.
  3. NoMad410 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE410 E
    Thank you R_Little.
    Can anyone else confirm this?

I also wonder if a post-2004 swingarm can be fitted to a pre-2004 model, and if so, would the new-type wheel match. i.e. align properly with the chain, etc... In other words - other than the axle differences, would it be OK?

====

PS. Ah, I just saw in the thread (about 630s and cush drives) the following link
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673395
    which explains it fairly well. That is, how an old wheel hub will fit to a post-2004.

Now all I need to know is whether a post-2004 swingarm will fit to a pre-2004. I mean the frame is the the same, is it not??
  4. NoMad410 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE410 E
    Ah, one more thing, then!
    Is there any other model rear wheel hub that is the same as the 1998-2004 TE610/410;SM610? Whether two stroke or anything else?
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sorry, I don't know for sure.