92 WR360 thoughts and comparison to a 07 WR250...

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Motosportz, Jan 3, 2011.

1. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yeah back in the day my ridding pants were my bell bottom jeans,all my pants were shredded down by the left ankle:busted:

It does look in nice shape, I have one of those mufflers on my kx500
    It looks like it was made from left over patio covers.:D

Too bad the bikes not here in socal, we could get into a bidding war.:thumbsup:

I want a 96 360 wxc now, Just so I have a matching set (250-350)
    What I read there were no husky's built in 96 for 97.

I like this site, lots of knowledgeable friendly girls and guys here, I know nothing about the husky's. Good find
    Mike
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Huskys were built in 1997, just not imported to the USA.
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    hehehe last few from the old factory came into my local shop with beer bottles, wrappers, nasty notes in swedish, rocks etc...some were missing little things. ya know, like a lever, a grip....an ENGINE. bizarre times the transition was. left kickers had soul. and i miss 'em. but the 92 and on huskagivas are the shizzle for off-road, super-badass 6-day ready machines. gettum while they last kids.

again- the 360 hoosk is a nicely packaged trim little can of big time open-class killing whoop-ass.
  4. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    13TE300Berg,07KTM525EXC,13 HusWR165
    You guys are spending my money faster than I do! Yeah, I still remember the first time I rode the 360, in 93. I had a 92 WXE125 and swapped with my buddy for his KTM300 for an hour. Came off that and ,liked it. Good hit, pulls strong etc. Then I rode my other buddies 360, that thing was awesome. Pulled like a tractor and when the power valve hit, hold on:busted:

I think I am gonna go ahead and get this 93. It is too good of shape to let go by, especially since it has fresh plastic and a fresh top. for a G, hell it will pay for itself in a few years.
  5. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Goes to show that what you read may not be so, I was under the impression (from what I read) that Husky did not make any bikes for 1997.
    Mike
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    ever ride the "newer" post 2000 one's? yikes. very CR500 like. it's been a while but i think the "older" one's made better trail bikes. just so smooth and crisp and grunty- with a trunk load of beans on demand. my buds '00 is pretty hyper if i recall. screw it on whoa.

and yes for a grand all your freinds will hate you more after ducking fish-sized rocks all day. pass out PVC slider protectors before and the hat around after for post-roost front # plate funding. my RMX lost a h/l lens, then the bucket, then the plate and a left fork guard....in one ride. i stopped trying to pass or even get close after that.
  7. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I thought the motor was largely unchanged the entire time the 360 was available? Not true?
  9. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's the same thing I have always heard, motor basically unchanged with some pipe and jetting differences, but basically the same mill.

Only with a 6 SPEED!
  10. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    the '00 seemed a bunch taller and snappier than the "older" '90's something one i rode a bunch. it's been a while. sorry for the confusion. i def remember the '00 being taller and it felt way thinner in the saddle and snappier mx like. i didnt like it as it wasnt set up for me. seemed like it had less flywheel, wasnt my bike so.....

but screw it on and....whoa. :D
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The BIKE has changed many times but the motor remained the same as far as i know. Yes 2000 was the first year for the thin tall bananas
  12. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    see- i rememberd that part...even after all these decades and busted helmets. mreeep!
  13. somdale Husqvarna
    AA Class

firebolter

Thats the same bike I posted earlier in this thread. The more I read the more I would love that bike.

If i had the expendable bucks it would already be in my garage.

I'm in Waldorf area and have some access to pretty cool terrain. PM me when you buy it and lets get together. My bro lives in Eastport.

Dale
  14. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

fire I did see that, dont know where I read it about not making any bikes, but Im sure you are right.
    Mike
  15. sprocket74 Husqvarna
    B Class

Didn't Husky run Showa suspension for a while in the 90's? Was it any good? and how do you guys keep your bikes looking so nice down there those bikes are shining like new.
  16. sasrocks Husqvarna
    AA Class

how are these 90's era bikes for parts availability?
  17. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

18. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm in Eastport also.............
  19. firebolter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Not too bad. FMF and others still make/stock pipes and such for the bike. Air filters, brake pads, cables and other normal wear items easy to get. On Ebay there are tons of used parts. Plastic still available. You'll be able to keep these bikes going for many years.
  20. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

Parts were the only thing I was concerned about before I bought my
    96 wxc250, But Halls seems to have a pretty good supply. Some parts like front brake levers, I bought on ebay new, for like 7 bucks apiece.
    I scored 4 levers. I did notice on the package they came in, listed some KTM bikes as fitment also.

My bike was almost like new, a few weeks ago when I bought it, the PO kept it up and rarely rode it since he bought it new.
    I bought my bike on ebay. The bike looked good in the pix on ebay,
    but looked way better in person. Now its up to me to keep it looking good.

My new 96wxc, you guys are probably tired of looking at it by now, but its like baby pix's, cant show it enough:excuseme:
    [IMG]

My first used bike I bought in 96, it was a 92 kx250, Before that I always bought new. It is my nephews bike now,
    and he loves it, we keep it maintained like new,
    whatever crash damage or wear gets replaced
    or fixed as soon as possible.

After a ride it gets washed and gone through looking for damage then maintenance is done and put away till the next ride.
    This is the 92 kx from last summer after a ride at Apex Nevada.

[IMG]

my nephew
    [IMG]

Maintenance and touch up paint on the plastic frame guards
    [IMG]

These kinds of well maintained bikes from the 90's are getting harder to find. Thats why I scoop them up as fast as I can find them. Lots of people, because of tv reality shows think any old trashed bike they have in their garage is worth gold, They are not, so dont get caught up in the hysteria when looking for a good used bike. Trash is trash, if you buy it for a grand then put a couple grand into it, its still only worth a grand. People are better off to put a couple or three grand in a good
    2006 up bike.

If you find one like that 360 firebolter found grab em.:thumbsup:

Mike