7th Annual NE Husky Gathering 2013

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by Joe Chod, May 1, 2013.

?

What if there was a co sanctioned traditional race event (enduro) on the Sunday

I like this. I race or wou;ld like to try a race and this would be a good way to try a race 10 vote(s) 38.5%
I don't like this. I want a weekend trail ride event with no distracters like a race. 2 vote(s) 7.7%
I don't mind either way as long as I have trails/track to ride on Sunday 7 vote(s) 26.9%
I like that this is a Husky and Vintage only event for us and by us 3 vote(s) 11.5%
I don't mind that there are other "outsiders" at the event late Saturday and all day Sunday 1 vote(s) 3.8%
I like. More options.....more riders to socialize with....more fun. 6 vote(s) 23.1%
I don't like.....I want it kept traditional and simple. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

some club members may be ther so I gotta check. I will not be there til sunrise on fri
    sounds do-able though
  2. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This is why FB and CH need a "Don't like" button
  3. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Do we have to dress exactly like Norm, or is just a fake beard acceptable?
    wallybean and Norman Foley like this.
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I just checked with the Club President and they are already camped out at the site, so come anytime. There are rooms available, at the King Ferry Hotel and the Genoa Hotel. These are old fashion, small town fare... Food, drinks and rooms, clean and plain. Both are about 3 miles away
  5. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Great time was had last year but won't be able to attend this year...Andy is going to hit the ECEA race in Catawissa on Sunday.

Really is a good time, if you're still on the fence about going - GO!

Enjoy...:cheers:
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Good luck at the HS!
    wallybean likes this.
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Hope all you guys have a great time and take all the compromising pics and vids you can. Will live vicariously through those and reports.
    Kevin_TE250 and LandofMotards like this.
  8. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I intend to race a vintage bike in the enduro. Might even wear a Norm beard too. was told to dress the norm for the event. just need to limit the motos with the 2 stroke blender. $1000 cash to the Grand Champion so we may have some ringers show up. gonna try to get as many 125/144/167 toghether at once and on the grass track for so high rev mayhem.
  9. chuckc4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah Boyz and Girlz, packing up my bike and gear for the Husky Gathering!
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Sooo... has the party started? :cheers:
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The Gathering is underway today! A small group, got out to start the riding. Tomorrow we'll be in full swing. The "Grass Track Challenge" will morph with the terrain and become the " Mika Ahola/The Wolf Challenge"! It has a little more Enduro Test feel this year. Hope to have a few pics tomorrow.
    Coffee likes this.
  12. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Weather on the east coast is prime, passing showers, now sunshine going to be nice and cool tonight with a great looking day tomorrow.

Pull up the weather for Genoa, NY, looks like sweatshirt weather already tonight!!

I bet the boys; and girls, are loving it.

Would really like to have been able to attend, quite the characters...

Looking forward to the reports and pics!
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Great day of trail riding today, finishing off with "The Wolf" time trial. We then adjourned to camp, for a the raffle and Husky Trivia Challenge! Thanks to all our generous sponsors, everyone walked away with some cool swag! The Genoa Fire Company,then provided a great chicken dinner for all. We had a really nice showing of vintage Huskys this year.

Tomorrow is the Cayuga County Riders, short course, start control enduro. About half the participants of the Gathering, are going to ride the enduro. Due to circumstances beyond their Control, the club lost their Hare Scrambles event with the local sanctioning group. They pulled together and came up with this closed course, short course, start control enduro, to replace it. They couldn't mount a full scale enduro in a short time, so it's a 22 mile loop with 3 special tests, ridden twice. AA and A riders will ride another 8 mile special test. It's going to be a fun day of racing!

Pics will follow soon of all the good times had!
    robertaccio and LandofMotards like this.
  14. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wish I could have made it this year. Hope to see lot's of coverage of the gathering.
  15. allphazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky te 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta 350rr & 250rr
    :banana: Well, just got back and unpacked. GREAT time as usual lots of the old faces we know and some new.
    Will have some pictures up soon!!! Thank you Joe and Norm, for this great event.
    I know NO other event where you will find isde winners and weekend worriers riding,bench racing, and throwing a few beers back together as equals.
    We are already looking forward to next years event and making plans,for it.
    Ruffus sorry we missed you. I hope to see you next year at (Walters) ????
    If you are on the east coast and never been to this YOU are missing a great time.
    Bob and Pam
    Ruffus and Coffee like this.
  16. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ruffus, you were missed! Bob and Pam it was great to see you. Next year we will return to Walter's Farm and hopefully the following year.... Joe and Kara will have there new farm ready for the Gathering.
    Ruffus and Coffee like this.
  17. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    New farm... :popcorn:
  18. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    Time for me to chime in, I had a blast :banana: , Joe and Norm (The Bud and Abbott show, though they'd switch characters, from time to time), did an awesome job. Fire department chicken dinner was A1, telling & listening to stories with Joe, Norm, Drew, Chuck, Terry, Fred, Mike, Joe #2 etc is what these events are about. Plenty of Husky raffle stuff, event T-shirts, & the weather held off for the most part. And then riding and racing on top of that , come on , you can’t ask more, out of a Husky Gathering.

Sat, my 1st enduro, but i'm from NJ & have ridden in similar terrain right, but I'm trying to wrap my head around this looking for colored arrows thing? There’s NO arrows in Motocross, with Norm/Joe & especially Drew’s help, I think I’m finally getting the hang of this stuff after a bunch of laps on the 1 mile course.

Sun, Joe & I starting right behind Joe Chod on row4, last minute pointers from Drew at the start and where off. Ok trying to remember what Drew said “keep your head up, look as far down the trail -when you can” worked for about 4 arrows. Then I missed a turn, Joe passed Me, ok, use your head, ride your own race. Repassed Joe, then set off after Joe Chod, going along, see Joe up ahead, get up to him on the wider sections & make the pass right after we go back into the more wooded section. Cool, I’m think’n doing ok, then I hit the tougher 90 degree up the hill sections, 1st few I do fair on. Then the shit 1st hits the fan, come up on 2 guys having problems on a hill section & when it’s my turn I find out why, off the bike, pushing, spinning the back tire etc.. Down in the river beds, up some more section & things start getting tougher, off the bike on some, pushing, spinning you get the idea.

Now I’m pretty much wiped out, strength wise, and here comes Joe Chod, & he re passes me. I know he’s laughing at me (you moto guys), I’m just too tired to care. Now we get to some really hilly sections & I’m think’n (wrongly) he’s on a 175, I’m on a 250 I’ll re catch him. Needless to said he’s long gone, and the course is only getting tougher in more spots. All I keep thinking & saying out loud to myself, as I come to these tougher section is “Really are you F’n kidding me” :eek: . A hour or so later , probably as tired as I ever been riding/racing, I look down at my front fender score card after a check point & I see I’ve got another lap, again another “Really are you F’n kidding me” :eek: . That’s when the bike about a 1 mile later, runs out of gas, in a corn field, right before I go back into the woods. Luckily I remembered back about a ¼ mile back the main entrance road is there & it’s all down hill back to the truck.. No way, I was able to do a 2nd lap. Oh and did i mention the Danger X flags, there's none of those in Motocross

Was It tough, damn straight , was it fun, yeap, would I do it again, oh yeah :thumbsup:

Now i've got to keep one of those WR Husky i keep selling :banghead:, cause i only do MX

Husky John
    robertaccio, Xcuvator, Coffee and 5 others like this.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  20. chuckc4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

A huge THANK YOU !! to Joe Chodnicki and Norman Foley for putting on the 7th Northeast Husky Gathering. It was great to see many regulars and meet new people at the event. The weather was fantastic and the trails were really fun.

True to Norm's word, no-one starved. The chicken dinner was goooooooodd.

I think the only bummer was the "per Norm" dress code precluded Maico Man from making an appearance in his now famous getup—at least some of the WNYOA ladies seemed a bit disappointed....

Looking forward to next year!

Chuck

P.S. RUWFO, I will keep my eyes peeled for a evo Husky backyard shed special for you!
    robertaccio and Ruffus like this.