7th Annual NE Husky Gathering 2013

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by Joe Chod, May 1, 2013.

?

What if there was a co sanctioned traditional race event (enduro) on the Sunday

I like this. I race or wou;ld like to try a race and this would be a good way to try a race 10 vote(s) 38.5%
I don't like this. I want a weekend trail ride event with no distracters like a race. 2 vote(s) 7.7%
I don't mind either way as long as I have trails/track to ride on Sunday 7 vote(s) 26.9%
I like that this is a Husky and Vintage only event for us and by us 3 vote(s) 11.5%
I don't mind that there are other "outsiders" at the event late Saturday and all day Sunday 1 vote(s) 3.8%
I like. More options.....more riders to socialize with....more fun. 6 vote(s) 23.1%
I don't like.....I want it kept traditional and simple. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

ill be there...pretty sure shane is coming as well...marky B may even show up!
  2. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

He can even run me over (again)
    DaveG321 likes this.
  3. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    Is there going to be a place to get something to eat on site/nearby? I sure do like other people cooking for me :lol:
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    We'll make sure you don't starve.
  5. Nordic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oset 20
    Slide onover to the Rongovian Embassy in Trumansburg
  6. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR

Starving is the least of my concerns haha.

I saw someone mention chickens while reading through the thread but didn't see any other info on it, which is why I asked (and should have specified in my other post).

Also, is camping permitted at the location this is being held? I didn't see anything mentioned about it.
  7. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Primitive camping (no hook ups) is allowed on site. We don't have a food vendor for the Gathering, but the Fire Company is doing a chicken dinner on Sunday for the enduro. We need a head count for that. I'll check with the Cayuga County Riders and see if Fire Company is doing other food Saturday and Sunday. Like I said, Husky Riders will keep you fed, one way or another.

I live in Trumansburg and the Rongo has been closed since last Fall. It should reopen this coming Fall. A great family owned it for years, but due to health issues sold it. Successive owners just couldn't figure out the formula and it closed.
  8. Nordic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oset 20
    That is a sad,loss of a one-of-a-kind place.
  9. dan s Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 wr 250 A-Class
    I have never been to this area before is there a place to run out in the morning and get a coffee and a breakfast sandwich or are we pretty far away from everything? Thanks
  10. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No place with these guys out front or a Wa Wa if your homesick
    [IMG]
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  11. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

No one will starve or die.
    It is rural but nothing is that far away.
    gots_a_sol and dan s like this.
  12. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

ok some more detals
    1. for you city folks we have some venison roast Fri night (quiet PITA...its upstate NY...BTW ever eat a hamburger
    2. arrowed from rt 90 and rt 34.
    3. there is a Pit Stop convenience store and gas there at the intersection of 90 and 34. Almost all will pass through there to get to the Gathering. Thereis ice too. you guys got the idea and for the Jersey crowd it is like Wa Wa without Jay and Silent Bob. It is 2 turns and 3-4 miles from pits so close, navigable, and appropriatley named.
    4. The Chicken dinner is put on by the local fire company. BBQ (no I dont know what the sauce is but it is good.) normaly like 7-8 bucks. Sat evening. I have reserved 15 dinners. Not many chimed in and It would be tough for me to eat 15 so you guys got the deal.
    5. Shirts look great.
    6. Enduro race videos (new stuff..not the same "blackwater 100" VHS crap you are sick of) and Husky and vintage Trivia Challenge Sat night with giveaways.
    7. Grass track Challenge on Sat Afternoon with Awards. A-B-C classes so be honest at sign up.
    7a. Rafles right after the Grass track awards. Some cool stuff and for those that have attended know, all leave with something
    8. Vintage class in the enduro too! Hardware to be given generously for that so dust em off and bring em! No timekeeping/tags/lights either. So easy a KTM rider could do it.
    If you dont want to enter the enduro you can triail ride the enduro after the last row leaves but since it is 2 laps, be courteous to the racers as the come around for lap 2.
    9. There is $1000 cash prize for the Enduro Grand Champion so let the fast dudes know and there is 100% payback for AA class.
    10 Our own photographer will be onsite so see her if you want pics.
    11. The adventures of Maicoman and Husky Man will continue Sat night after they drink a bit.....uhh ...I mean make their grand fly in entrance. (Both still have no translators so maybe some New England guys can help with that)

Comments?
    CYA there and if you miss this....don't say we did not tell you it was going to be awsome.
    Joe
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I can't think Joe missed anything, other than his.... "Spell Checker". Weather looks to be perfect for the event, with maybe few showers Thursday to knock the dust down. Looking forward to seeing everyone, it's going to be awesome!:oldman:
  14. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Mie Spell-ink ist fyne........:oldman:
  15. TOGO Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRIUMPH 800XC
    I'm thinking of attending this event instead of Hancock. I understand if I'm on a TE310 my wife is allowed to attend on her Yamaha, correct? She is a beginner and I'm an intermediate (due to age) how difficult are the activities? Are there trails for just fun riding? I would also like to try the endure on Sunday are there any special requirements, memberships, equipment?
  16. TOGO Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    TRIUMPH 800XC
    And yes, spelling is not my strong suit either,:banghead: "endure" that what I'm trying to do at most enduro/dual sport events.
  17. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

wife is welcome of course. Many Spouses attend and even some who rides. Trail is a mix some hard some easyit is typical upstate that I know you can relate too. Open riding including grass track all day Fri and Sat. See below for Sunday

Trail riding after the last row leaves. Prob @9:30 or so. AMA mmbership required ONLY for those competing in the Enduro on Sunday.NOT required for anything else. No plate/timekeeping for Enduro. Riding gear as per norm.
  18. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    Joe,
    Talk to Drew a little while ago, his wife has a pinched nerve, so he's going to let me know if he's going on Friday night.. If his got a green light
    we'll be there for both Sat & Sun.. If not plan on me for just Sun..

Husky John
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've got nothing to say about it.....
    wallybean and Coffee like this.
  20. gots_a_sol Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR177
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 250RR
    Is it ok if I show up sometime Thursday afternoon? Planned on camping in my "camper" aka my enclosed trailer with a hammock hanging in it haha.