7th Annual NE Husky Gathering 2013

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by Joe Chod, May 1, 2013.

?

What if there was a co sanctioned traditional race event (enduro) on the Sunday

I like this. I race or wou;ld like to try a race and this would be a good way to try a race 10 vote(s) 38.5%
I don't like this. I want a weekend trail ride event with no distracters like a race. 2 vote(s) 7.7%
I don't mind either way as long as I have trails/track to ride on Sunday 7 vote(s) 26.9%
I like that this is a Husky and Vintage only event for us and by us 3 vote(s) 11.5%
I don't mind that there are other "outsiders" at the event late Saturday and all day Sunday 1 vote(s) 3.8%
I like. More options.....more riders to socialize with....more fun. 6 vote(s) 23.1%
I don't like.....I want it kept traditional and simple. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The Northeast Husky Gathering is coming at ya’ soon! Mark your calendars......tell the boss you won't be in.....pack the gear and bikes! This year’s event will be held 02 thru 04 August 2013.

Who: For those who are unaware of this annual event as it goes into its seventh year, it is a get-together of Husqvarna owners and riders as well as vintage riders The bikes...not always the riders..... LOL). . Due to us Husky guys being a little older, many bring their kids, spouse and/or girlfriend.

What: There is an old school ribboned and bannered grass track MX Scrambles style track as well as a lengthy arrowed Enduro trail loop. You will meet good people to ride with and have an all-around good time. There's a huge raffle, with lots of stuff from event sponsors. You need to bring at least one Husqvarna or an any make vintage bike. (All non- water cooled non disc are welcome…if in doubt about what is vintage…ask us…we are lenient!) (Other modern makes ridden by a friend or family members are OK, as long as a “Sponsor” with a Husky or vintage is in attendance.) There is a vintage bike parade lap, a lot of Free riding and some scheduled fun events. We will be co-sanctioning this years event to support a local club as they have their 1st closed course endure.Enduro, Start Control Format/National Style, Close Course. No plate lights timekeeping needed. Thinking about racing for the first time…try this.

[IMG]

Where: The location is at a new spot located at 684 Center Road, Genoa, NY, 13071.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?bav=on....a=X&ei=11zIUcq_OK-t4AOeioGYDQ&ved=0CCoQ8gEwAA
    When: Friday: Sign up will open at 8:00 AM, trail opens at 9:00 AM and closes at 7:00 PM, Saturday: Sign up will open at 8:00 AM, trail opens at 9:00 AM and closes at 7:00 PM, Sunday: Key time is at 9:00. Trail opens right after last row leaves from Start Control and will close at 3:00PM Awards and Raffles at end of each day. Evening camp fire and bike videos on big screen.

Why: The Gathering is strictly for fun, not for profit. Proceeds from the event will help support Team USA riders efforts at the 88th I.S.D.E in Italy in September 2013.

How (much): $50 for all 3 days. Shirt included like every year. Details to follow if you want to race on Sunday (as opposed to just trail ride Sunday)

Lets chat it up!
    robertaccio and ray_ray like this.
  2. allphazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky te 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta 350rr & 250rr
    I like the idea of a race, but I do like just husky guys even better !! Sunday race ???? After a Saturday night around the blender (not seeing that happen) :cheers:
  3. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Joe,
    I don't mind having an event at the same location. Will there be plenty of free riding available on Saturday? i.e., will the club be upset that we're probably riding their trail the day before an event we just might ride? Also, will it be possible for kids to ride on Sunday, or is it enduro or nothing?

I suppose if I had my druthers, it would be just like the 2010 gathering at Walter's--that was pretty much the perfect venue. But if it has to run with an enduro, then so be it.
  4. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Gonna try to answer both in 1 post. Talked with dudes doing the Enduro. They are a good old fashioned club and not "promoters". Meaning...for the love and the community. Ref said there will be no issue of pre ride protest bull for Sunday enduro entries riding even the course on Sat. It is all start control and all off road like Natl rules. Bottom line is they approached us and not the other way so all acceptable. Sunday that want to do the full course in a non competetive status will mereley leave after last row and ride course just like a sweep rider but no arrows to pull and no issues.

We will have something for the young ones and the spouses close by (best as we can replicate a'la Walters grass track). Also a seperate parking/camp area but dependent on late Sat and Sunday Enduro turn out we may become integrated for space purposes. Good to meet new folks and show you meet the nicest people on Huskys!
  5. chuckc4 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Joe, Every time I look at your avatar, I am more and more frightened....
    Nordic likes this.
  6. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    Where would this be held at?
  7. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

upstate NY. right up off I 81....easy drive from Maryland!
  8. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    Do you have an exact address and a date setup yet? I would love to go, but I have to work every friday and saturday. btw, this enduro, is it going to be like a regular enduro with different special tests or more like a harescramble format (2 hours long, fastest guy wins).
  9. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    Also, how did you come up with this location and do they have a legitimate enduro course? Sorry for all the questions.
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I'm along with Joe, the co-founder and organizer of the North East Husky Gathering. We usually alternate between the Logan Farm in Cortland, NY (a very generous personal friend and riding buddy) and Joe and neighbor's property in Delanson, NY. We have had one event at Thunder Ridge, but usually find it easier to keep local to Joe or me. For a few reasons, this location has been offered to us by a former Husky rider, who is a personal friend and fellow Club member.
    The location is 684 Center Rd. Genoa, NY 13071. It is at the end of an old town road, by a creek. The former bridge is gone, so set your GPS for main roads! Look at a map too! The enduro is put on by the Cayuga County Riders, an AMA Club, which I am a member. It will be a closed course, start control National Enduro Format, with multiple special tests. No timekeeping, no bike registrations needed. It will be a repeat loop, of about 20 miles. 3X for 60 miles, 2X for 40 miles C/Age classes. Varied terrain, fun for everyone. PM me, if you feel you need to.
    robertaccio likes this.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Sounds fun but a little to far for me :>) 2,784 mi, 41 hours
    robertaccio likes this.
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    We need to compress this big country a little.....
  13. Connor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 TXC310
    Have you set a date yet?
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    August 2, 3 and 4. The Enduro is August 4.
  15. Robert Melville Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 tc 450/ 2005 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1994 Husaberg FE 501
    H Joe
    I can't make that our club has a harescramble that weekend .
  16. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

bummer.....I will make sure we do have the Canadian flag flying this year as well
  17. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Poll looks like no one objects to a co sanctioned event nor having a race event on the last day.
    How many would make it on friday early if we had open riding all day friday?
  18. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Now I am wondering what an illegitimate enduro course is? I have ridden some enduros that were a Bastard....but thats not what I think you meant/ LOL
  19. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    It would be cool if we could organize an event of some sort for our Western Fall Gathering. Good for you:thumbsup:
    I would think your attendees would really like the idea of Friday riding too, because people start arriving on Wednesday for our Western gig.
    robertaccio likes this.
  20. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Funny, but we kind of envy the informality of the Western Gathering..... We have no public riding, so have to have it on private land. With the numbers of riders we get, the landowners want insurance, so that means AMA Charters, Sanctions and post event reports... file waivers and referee's report. We're responsible now, so we have to lay out a well marked trail loop, so no one gets lost or hurt riding the wrong way. Then of course, we have to lay out Joe's ISDE Grass Track too! It's so renowned... A picture of it was used in Spectro Oil's National ad campaign, featuring Fred Hoess racing Wally Palmer! This is just for an AMA Sanctioned trail ride, not a race. It gets complicated, but everybody who comes loves it and so does everyone who helps put it on!

Co-sanctioning with the enduro, will actually make it easier for us!