1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2011 TE449 Running well with factory EFI system - finally

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Dangermouse449, Mar 28, 2014.

1. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
    Many bikes out there now with out the Butterfly. I meet more and more People here in Victoria who have removed the Butterfly. There is no more stopping .
    it s almost that you wont find bikes in the future with them !!!
  2. hsq449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te 449
    Will post results without the butterfly soon just at the moment work and miserable weather in VIC doesn't permit,thanks everyone for input
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  3. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
    ill plan on riding this weekend... maybe from Big Pads Creek to Reefton. One of my favorite rides. Through the Pipelines and into the Singles along there,,,
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thought I would update my bike info here. Big was running perfect with the BF removed and JD tuned. Better then ever. Then I installed a FMF powerbomb. This added a bunch of snap, bottom and mid power. Probably top to but i don't bounce off the rev limiter much so who knows. But it also introduced a pop and stall on the low end and irratic idle. I got a lot of it dialed out but it is still there to some extent. Makes more power and is more fun to ride but does not run perfect like it did. Motor seems to want a little more back pressure down low. Going to play with muffler tips and see if I can dial that out with some back pressure but still keep the new snap and power which I am finding intoxicating. More power than ever for sure but also a just off idle running issue. BWT I road in nice condition with a new rear tire that was hooking up like crazy and it was one huge wheelie between every corner. FUN!

[IMG]
  5. richie lee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 husky te 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta rev 3, coverted yzf250 wr.
    anyone know where in the uk you can get race map 3 flashed? or am I better just going down the route of a pcv ? just bought the full titanium arrow mx exhaust system for my 2011 449 and presume it wont run well without a richer set up, at present its race map two and standard slip on akro which with the bf removed is running well(nop flame outs and definitely better without the bf),but I would like more snap off the bottom,at present its still not as good as my old 2004ktm450. and not a great deal better than the yzf250 2006 model I had with a megabomb header. or should I just bin it all and get a jap/ktm. seems like a load of hastle to get the bike just to run as well as a bog standard other make bike?
  6. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    The more open exhaust may be on the limits of the standard mapping, so chasing up Map set 3 might be a good idea. (various reports of being able & not being able to flash the 2011 bikes. Seems a luck of the draw thing)

A PCV will give you good control of the mapping for sure, but you might be able to get what you're after by 'map shifting' using the TPS.
    Check out the original post on this thread, it's how I woke my bike up.

Mine is a good match for all the current KTM/Berg 450s I ride with & still running the supplied slip-on Akro. :)

What gearing do you run?

I have mine stock at 15/51 for off-road, but will be going lower soon when I replace the chain/sprockets.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Even map3 is to lean for my FMF powerbomb setup.
  8. richie lee Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 husky te 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta rev 3, coverted yzf250 wr.
    I am running 15/52 gearing which seems fine in even the tightest of single track going. will try the exhast on today and give it a short test run to see how bad it is. haven't even looked at the tps to be honest. so by adjusting the tps I presume you are trying to trick the ecu that you have a wider throttle position that you really have so supplying more fuel?
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  9. Mr Ford40 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F
    Yes motosportz so i'm not the only one with a issue I run a full pro circuitand my 449 seems to run a little lean and frustrating at times. Any ideas on how to fix this
  10. underwatersimon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 Beta 350rr
    Just a quick vid farting around the yard. I tried the BTF removal but with the factory map it was obviously way too lean and not happy at all so I put it back in.
    I did remove the auto idler pin and have had the bike through some serious poop with no issues. Just wanted to show a stock bike working like it should.
    I'll get some actual trail footage soon....

11. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    You can't just remove the butterfly, you have to add fuel too as mentioned in the original post. Then it will come alive. :thumbsup:
    If you don't have an aftermarket tuner (as my standard bike doesn't) adjusting the TPS as detailed will do the same & make the mod work well.

Yes, correct, the ECU runs slightly up the scale all the way through the maps.
    This is more than enough for the Akro slip-on, I can have it too rich if I want, so I reckon there'd be some left in the mapping for a more open exhaust.
  12. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    See above post....
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Got mine running absolutely PERFECT with the FMF powerbomb and BF removal now. I took the insert out of the end of the FMF muffler and JB welded a spark arrestor cone screen on it. Then I adjusted the brass screw on the EFI out 1.5-2 turns out. Some small trims on the JD tuner. Bike starts and runs absolutely perfect. Did a 360 mile adventure ride on it this weekend and the thing ran perfect all weekend. Awesome power, good sound, huge power. Very happy.
  14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Dude, how do you have so much time to ride, post here (and elsewhere) work on your bikes, run a company, etc.?
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

You forgot raise three great kids and be married for 24 years. I'll sleep when I am dead.
    Mr Ford40, Normann and Dangermouse449 like this.
  16. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    Because he's a man
  17. roly06 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 te449 2012
    Other Motorcycles:
    aprilia DD750 vstrom1000 and others
    I found that backing of the adjuster screw on the control arm a couple of turns restored engine braking to normal ,
  18. Mr Ford40 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F
    And like me a good wife to let you play with your toys.
  19. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Hi Roly,
    Yep, tried all that.
    I had that sucker all the way out and all the way in at different times. It is a flawed, redundant system.
    Totally unessesary for the running of the bike.
    Gone now :)
  20. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Thanks for the newsflash. Ha ha.
    Wasn't a bash fellas just a little, ok, a lot jealous. Even with my kids in the Navy and Marines, work does take its toll on my fun time. Even got the right woman who will ride beside me.
    Mr Ford40 and danny318 like this.