1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2011 TE449 Running well with factory EFI system - finally

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Dangermouse449, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Suputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, 81 Yamaha RD350LC, 90 RZ350

OK, then I will try it without doing the TPS reset. We are heading out for a ride this afternoon so I will be packing a torx for the TPS and a screw driver for the air screw just in case I need to do some roadside adjustments. ;)
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  2. Suputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Results from ride last night:

I tweaked the TPS and idle def got smoother. Did not do a TPS reset afterwards.

I played with the air screw a bit: Starting from 2.5 turns out, adding another half turn (3 turns total) increased the idle speed and also leaned out the fuel mixture a bit. My engine went from 12.2 to about 12.6 or thereabouts on the A/F mixture gauge. I settled on 2 3/4 turns out as a happy medium for the moment. Idle speed was slightly increased and mixture got a tiny bit leaner.

In the 80 kms covered last night I experienced not a single flameout, which is prob the first ride I have had without a flameout since the problem started.

One thing I did notice is the engine has a tendency to surge a bit under constant throttle. So suspect a bit more tweaking is in order.
  3. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Cool, no flameouts! :)

Moving the TPS does shift all of the maps, so there is likely other places where it may not run 100% smooth (over rich).
    I'd be prepared to live with it on my bike with no flameouts.
    Fitting a piggyback & tuning around that would likely be the only answer there.
  4. Suputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yea I agree. The surging only became evident after a while and wasn't so bad that it ruined my ride. The flameouts on the other hand are super annoying.
  5. underwatersimon Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 Beta 350rr
    Just wanted to add a small update.

Although I put the secondary butterfly back in, I did leave the auto idler pin off the throttle cam.
    A few weeks ago I made it through a "Mud Run" with a bunch of ATV's and yesterday I ventured up an untravelled rocky stream bed.
    Verdict?? The bike will chug along down hill and not quit, twist of the throttle and nice smooth power. This is where flameout/stalling was previously my biggest frustration.
    Up hill is now similar - I can ride a gear high and still get power for forward momentum with very little clutch work.

I know there is a lot more power in these motors but for me just removing the post from the idler has improved it's attitude tremendously on rough snotty trails.
  6. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Eh, small hijack here, somehow related to this discussion -- I think. But if any of you want to try a JD, I've got mine listed in classifieds, fairly priced.
  7. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    why you selling homie
  8. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I picked up a used PCV. I was going to stick with the JD, it works well and the PCV, I thought, is prohibitively expensive. But I saw the used one, and had some money left from selling an aftermarket part from my truck. Now I have new suspension springs and a PCV!
  9. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    Hell yeah, thats the answer i was hoping for :cheers:
  10. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Saw a site yesterday doing Pcv for $319 US
  11. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
  12. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
  13. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I obviously paid less than that for a used one. So I'm happy. Would never spend $290 + tax + shipping.
  14. Beau Gaudron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    I removed my butterfly this morning (long weekend here in Straya!) keen as to try it out. I havent removed the post as its not as easily reversible as removing the butterfly.

I left the battery disconnected the entire time, once everything was back in started it up and it coughed, cranked again and started an revved fine so once i ride it ill let everyone know how it goes

EDIT: Forgot to add, im on a 2012 TE511 with Race Map II and Akropovic exhaust no PCV or JD tuner
  15. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Hey Beau.
    Have you had any tuning problems prior to pulling out the butterfly, or just chasing the snappier power delivery?
  16. Beau Gaudron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    I've had flame outs like everyone else. I removed the butterfly because it made sense to not have it for the reasons you stated.

I rode today and it was definitely easier delivery of power, can crawl up hills without stalling as well. So far working quite well. I havent had to touch any adjustments purely removed the butterfly.
  17. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125

Great to hear mate, really glad it has helped. :thumbsup:
    Had my own bike out again & still loving the improved running. Found a heap of hills ourselves today as well, it loves them :D
    One stall for the day, but not the tuning, just my shonky clutch work over a log..... :rolleyes:

(editing up a hill-climb video now actually)
  18. Mr Ford40 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F
    DM I have a good clutch system for you. One Finger Clutch .
    Nothing worse than hitting a long trying to get that front wheel over and it stops just before the log and bang over the bars or of the side of the bike.
  19. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125

Cheers, but I only ever use one finger on the Brembo set-up anyway. So light after years of the cable clutch WR450F....:eek:
    Just popped it a bit hard on a log is all today.
    That system you're running looks great though.
    Mr Ford40 likes this.
  20. Mr Ford40 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F

Had to get something softer since I got a softer job. NAH on joking just alittle nicer on single trails and my little 600m track . Would be nice though to get out for a ride real soon before our tracks shut down this month.