1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2011 TE449 Running well with factory EFI system - finally

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Dangermouse449, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Well, kind of.
    We have a software copy courtesy of member Norman,
    but you still need the dealer hardware to use it on a bike.

The better option is to use the TuneEcu program as we've shared the Akrapavic Race Map (Map 3) files already with the developer & he's loaded them into his App.
    You can literally do all that the HST could, plus tuning like the PCV can all from the App.
  2. franky bonez Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hon CR 250 - Yam RD350 - HD Softail
    Awesome. Thanks for clarifying!
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  3. Evans449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR 954 RR
    I have a 2013 TE449 USA model, and I just ordered the 2 cables to connect to TuneECU. I want to start with Map 3 but DO NOT see it listed for a US bike on their site.. Will the EU-AUS-JPN cause problems? Is there a USA Akro map even avail? I currently have Race Map 2 and FMF slip on
  4. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    If I remember correctly map 3 is called the akropovic open map or something like that. It doesn't say map 3 and your dash if stock will continue to say map 2 even when map 3 is in use. I can't remember the correct name for map 3 but someone will chime in........
  5. Evans449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR 954 RR
    Map 3 is the Akrapovich map. Same one I am talking about. My question is, is there a difference for the countries? There are USA, CAN, EU, AUS, JPN versions of this same bike with their own versions of map1 and map2 apparently. Prob for country specific emissions and tuning. Are there also different versions of Map3? TuneECU does not have a USA Map3 but does have EU-AUS-JPN map3..
  6. Padowan Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R850GS, Yamaha TTR250
    Race-Map 3 is a bit of a confusing name for this map, people think that it is some sort of evolution from Race-Map 2 that is available as standard.

If I try to explain, the bike has an ECU that can handle 2 maps, lets call them "normal" and "power-up". If the jumper is OUT, then bike will run the "Normal" map, if the jumper is IN then the bike will run the "Power Up" map and when the jumper is in "Race-Map 2" is displayed on the dash.

With Tune ECU you can download different sets of maps, and upload these to the bike - in ALL cases, you are uploading 2 maps to the bike, one to operate with the jumper and one without the jumper. Again, in all cases when the jumper is IN, "Racemap 2" is displayed on the dash, whatever set of maps you have loaded, it is really just indicating whether the jumper is in or not and that the ECU is using the second set of maps, it doesn't bear any relation to the "name" of the map.

For the husky maps (The standard one [with the basic and stock-Akra options], and full Akra or Race-Map3 as it's being called) these have (I think) the same "normal" map, but a different "power up" map. The BMW and CCM maps are different across the board, both normal and powerup.

In my experimentation with Tune-ECU trying to perfect my map, I have been uploading basically 2 higher-power maps I started with the powered-up Race-Map3 as my "normal" position map, so that I could run this map without the jumper in as a starting point and then I would make small changes to this map (ignition and fueling) and then set this map in the powered-up map. That way I could easily flip between maps on a ride and compare my adjustments and then decide whether to adopt them or abandon them - I'm nearly there now, it's quite a laborious process!!
    Teambowles likes this.
  7. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    To add to that very good explanation, all map 3's should be the same it was a dealer install if you were running the full akro system. In U.S. Due to emissions the street legal TE's came stock with emission canister large pipe with catalytic converter and jumper not in. Dealer would install map 3 for you/us if you had an after market pipe fmf akro etc...that's about all I know other than the euro bikes came more uncorked that us ones

Keep in mind I'm not familiar with Tune ecu or their maps but a dealer may still have the software for map 3. If not zip ty racing does.
    Evans449 likes this.
  8. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    The TuneEcu Akrapavic Racing Map file is straight from the last Husqvarna HST update package released to dealers. (So the same file they, or Zipty should have)
    We shared the files directly with the developers as we didn't want them to disappear with the dealers or their hardware over time like they have in most countries now.

Unmodified, the AKRO map is the perfect starting point for open exhaust systems.
    Evans449 likes this.
  9. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Fine in a US spec bike.
    Evans449 likes this.
  10. wagoncrazy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511
    Forum newbie here. Thank you all for this long read, but it solved alot of direction I need to take with my new (used) 2013 TE511. Already pulled the butterfly out, and havent yet gotten to ride it in the dirt since I bought it a week ago. I'll post here and there as I do mods...probably start a new thread. Dangermouse...you and the other guys have given quite a clinic on this mod. THANK YOU Bro.
  11. Goosyerjoe Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KTM 300XC
    Hi. Relatively new here. Just wondering if anyone here would know how I can fix this issue ; I stupidly removed the upper butterfly motor that controls the upper butterfly shaft. I did it so I could remove the whole throttle body to clean everything being the bike hasn’t had a deep cleaning ever. Anyways, when I put it all back together and started it it idles high and a message on computer says “fail”. Does that have anything to do with removing that FBW motor and reinstalling it?? I removed the upper butterfly long time ago and always ran fine before this. Any help as to what I can do?
    Thank
  12. wagoncrazy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511
    Goosyerjoe- I think this website based forum is falling away in viewership and interest, in favor of the Facebook group called "Husqvarna 449-511 Owners Group". These browser based forums (in general) are all seeing a decline in use, and folks these days are using social media (mostly FB) to post up questions and answers. We're all carrying around these mobile phones now, and this is the primary tool the masses are using to communicate. These browser based forums lend themselves best to larger screens of laptops or desktop computers, and the masses are becoming untethered from them as time marches forward. Personally, I like this browser based forum approach, but I've had to go to FB to figure out what folks are doing with these Husq 449-511's. Check there too...

To answer your question about removing that upper motor...I believe I read in an early post by Dangermouse449 (or maybe one of his videos) that he urged folks NOT to remove the motor because it screws up how the bike runs. I guess you've discovered that. I don't have a fix for ya, having never removed mine. But there HAS to be one. Check your owners manual and maybe do some searching online for the specific throttle body used in these bikes. Maybe someone else has crossed this bridge before.
  13. wagoncrazy Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511
  14. magwych Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 450 ;CCM GP450 ;BMW R1200GSA
    If you sort out the data connection and use TuneECU, you can disable the 2nd throttle in the ECU. That way you should be able to remove the motor and nit habe an error thrown. I don't recommend disabling it and keaving the gubbins in place, it is not clear what position the 2nd throttle butterfly will adopt.