2011 GASGAS Two Strokes

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by MOTORHEAD, Jul 14, 2010.

1. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

Because I want to stay married :lol:
  2. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

It's good changing up brands once in a while. How boring is it to get the same bike ? Some guys I know are on the third ktm 250/300xc's in a row!..I don't get that. they could at least try am orange 4t or a 200 :lol:

Have fun with the EC John1 :thumbsup:
  3. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

We just did and thanks gestion01. We put it together a few hours ago and have been breaking it in and it's awesome bike. We both love it. My son is very hard to please when it comes to how a bike feels and he just kept saying "I can't believe how nice the Gas Gas is" , "it's unreal how well it handles". He went on and on about it. BTW I feel the same way. This is my first big 2-stroke in a long time and first GG I ever actually seen in person. I now have two loves when it comes to bikes.
  4. Trailridernut Husqvarna
    A Class

Can't beat that one!! :thumbsup:
  5. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Hey John....how much assy is required..obviously the forks and the bars..what about the headlamp and speedo and wiring..how did that go..anything a guy needs to know

I apparently trail tech makes the speedo...and is there really that much flywheel effect.:excuseme:

what about the size......its very compact yes? no?

very curious about this...
  6. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    In Australia you buy a Gas Gas for life, as you can't sell them second hand unless you are prepared to give them away
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Troy we had to install the foot pegs, handle bars, duel map switch, front wheel, and silencer. I haven't put the plastic hand guards on on the little red rim stickers but that's it. We put 900 cc of oil and mix gas, re-checked bolts and off we went on the test break in rides. It was very simple and quick. Mine is the EC which is really the XC and it didn't come with the speedo but I see it's wired for it. It does have a head light and a switch; all pre-installed and ready to go. I love the size, lay out, and feel of the bike. I swear it feels my my 08 Husky CR125 only way more power and way smoother power. I am on the short side at 5' - 7 1/2" and my son is around 6'. The bike fits us both. He rides a 2010 Husky TC 250 and loves it. After riding the GG all all he could say is how awesome the Gas Gas felt. He said it could be the bike that does it all; MX and trails. He looked like he had been riding it for years. The bike is extreamly easy to ride in the woods or our small MX track at the house. We are still in the break in mode but we ripped it a a bit twords the end of the day. The bike feels very light and compact but not to small if that makes sence. My son and I both call it perfect as far as size, feel, balance, and handling go. He feels it out turns his TC and I won't disagree. On the flyweel effect...this is my first big 2-stroke in many years and my first 300 and I don't feel any flywheel effect. It's crazy smooth on and off the power; unreal. Well I guess you can tell we love the bike by my ramblings. Anything else just ask.
  8. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds delicious! Get some pictures up of that thing ASAP. If you don't know how, ask your son...lol.
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

HA he's no better at computers than I am. I can email them from my Kodak easy share but have never been able to put them on a site. That will require a member to post them for me.
  10. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Ain't that the truth ! :lol:
  11. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    That's the truth in the USA as well. Great bikes but DISMAL resale. Worse than Husky by far. Sad for such a great bike.
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well I don't plan on selling it so I guess I am a lifer.
  13. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

considering how dangerous it can be out in the woods on a dirtbike, the last thing I consider when buying a bike is resale. All I care about is .... does this bike work for me?? Right now i'm am looking at an 09 gas gas 200 or a possible 08, 09, 10, or 11, 200 Ktm. I hate to say it but at the moment the ktm is working for me the best, I am faster and more comfortable on it going through the tight woods than my 06 gasser 300 or 08 cr 144. both those bikes have tune suspension while the ktm is my buddies clapped out 08. I got a nice test ride on an new 09 gasser 200 but it wasn't ideal conditions. I wouln't mind some mor etimein the saddle on that one but ... Got on the ktm ... and went fast right off ..a well used one at that. I am not a ktm guy .... when I buy a bike its going to be the one I feel works best for me. I'm not going to base my decision on the color of the plastic (even if it makes me cringe)or of all things resale value. besides if its a great bike and has crap resale ... put that to work for you and buy a nice used unit and keep 2 to 3k in your pocket.
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I can see I've missed a bit of fun by not keeping up with this thread. Good stuff. :)

If this was a simple press release with a few comments then it would probably be a better fit in the newsroom, but since this has morphed into its own life forum (:p), why don't I move it to the General (Main) forum (which should be better named 'miscellaneous') where it would be a better fit.

Hope that is ok with everyone, please carry on.

:cheers:
  15. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Funny how that happens, huh ?
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    :)

:thumbsup:
  17. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

18. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda

Oh, my goodness! :eek:

I think my heart just skipped a beat :D

WoodsChick
  19. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

The stock bars are pretty bad...you might want to change them!
  20. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    No, dude, it's the new look! Should work great through the tight trees in your neighborhood :lol:

WoodsChick