2011 GASGAS Two Strokes

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by MOTORHEAD, Jul 14, 2010.

1. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

No. I finally got a decent half hour ride on it and never made the noise again . After talking with the distributor, we concluded there might have been a burr or something that was hanging up a kickstarter gear? Not sure, but I'm just going to run it and call it good.

Now if I can get the jetting sorted. It won't pull into the main jet. I'm just hoping it's rich and little jetting will cure it. It has been very hot and humid here. Although I have seen posts on the GG forum where some of the 300's just won't pull into the top and it's not jetting. Very perplexing.
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Nice that it went away. I'm sure your jetting will come around. Alcohol in pump gas here in NY, has changed all our jetting parameters.:cheers:
  3. JRD Husqvarna

I rode the new 300 model a while ago, it was jetted with a JD kit... Ran really well, pulled into band nicely..
    Only thing I didn't like was the stock forks felt harsh. Especially compared to the new Husky TE250 Kayaba's which felt great..

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes, the front forks are harsh. I'm hoping some break in time will help.

I dropped one size on the main today and it helped, but still not the best. I think my current needle may be to rich also. Once on the main, it feel very crisp and I don't want to go richer yet.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Mine pulls good from bottom to top what's your current carb set up?
  6. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

172 main
    N1EF needle clip in top position
    40 pilot two turns out on air screw

85F and high humidity
    1000ft MSL
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am running 175 main, 2nd clip from the top, 42 pilot, 2 1/2 turns out. 90*, 350 ft. If the stock rear tire was any good I would have wore my 300 for a hat by now. This bike runs very good.
  8. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

Which needle?
  9. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

nice one JRD:thumbsup:
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Stock one, what ever it is I didn't get the numbers when I moved the clip down. I took the bike out to our club today for the first real test and....this thing ROCKS! I love it more if that's possible. I had it on our 1 1/2 mile MX track today and it was a total blast. Two of my friends that both ride Yamaha 450's had a blast on it. One was flying. He said " I could MX this thing next weekend and I can see why guys love the Gas gas 300's !"
  11. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

So far my bike is not running well, on the needle that came in it.
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Give my settings a try. I copied several other guys and mine runs great. The 2nd clip and the 175 or 178 is what most guys are running.
  13. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

That's hard to do, since you don't know which needle you are using. My bike will not run on top at all with a 178 main and it's rough with a 175. A 172 is better, but still not perfect. But I think it's more of a needle issue and I'm beginning to realize the needles that came with bike are not the best choices for our current conditions.
  14. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Clay Stucky was at the Natinal Enduro on Sunday and had a 2011 250.....could touch flat foot. Low and fuel tank sits low too. seat height was like 36". welll thought out.
    Joe
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Buddy Ken finally sold his 08 GG300 after changing the jetting forever. He worked on that bike all the time and it finally irritated him enough to sell it for a KTM,. Now he wants a WR250 back like he had before the GG. He said the WR250 was put gas in it and rip, stone reliable. The GG never would run 100% and kept changing like a moving target. I rode with him a lot and I think i rode it once when it ran right. :excuseme: It ran good enough to ride and be fun but was never 100%. Had R&B do the head and carb still would never run right.
  16. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Nice Ride! Here I was waiting for another Husky to pass me and it was a Gas Gas!

You may need a richer needle on top!
  17. 2whlrcr Husqvarna
    A Class

I still have my WR 250 and it is my designated race bike. The bike has never required more than a little jetting changes and runs great.

I'm going to try different needles first, but the lastest theory's have been pointed towards a faulty power valve. Bike has less than two hours on it.
  18. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'll pull mine down tomorrow and let you know what the stock needle was; the one thats still in it. It does sound like something more than jetting. Did you try the second clip at any point in your testing?
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  20. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It sure looks like it. Mine came stock with the FMF TC 2.