2011 GASGAS Two Strokes

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by MOTORHEAD, Jul 14, 2010.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
  2. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow...I wanna try one!
  3. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Not sure i like the red frame but yes, very nice looking.
  5. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I love the red frame...it reminds me of a Ducati Hypermotard! I actually thought about painting my Husky frame red before I saw that, but it's too much work.

I always wondered why their enduro bikes were always so ugly because their trials bikes are really sweet looking.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey what is the EC for is it like the WR Husky?
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Real good bikes for smaller riders, to cramped for me at 6'

K
  8. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

...hmmm 2" shorter than my Husky.
  9. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I love the built in rear handles under the rear fender...slick!
  10. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

...comes with an FMF stealth...nice!
  11. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

...9.5 liter tank...now we're talking!
  12. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

It really does have a lot going for it. 2'' shorter, lots of gas, lights...I like the new colors and plastic.

What about the handling and engine?

I've ridden a 200 gasgas...not bad, nice technical terrain bike.Feels short and low compared to a Husky. Engine was not quite as good as a ktm in power but had more than my 144 for sure.
  13. scrambler Husqvarna
    A Class

gas gas

IS there a 200 model being offered?
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    the 08 GG300 I have put some good miles on and was well modified turns very well and has a nice engine. I personally would rather have a WR250, just like the feel and the engine better. Suspension wise the GG needs work like the huskys. the GG turns a little sharper, feels a little lighter. Adams WR250 was every bit as fast if not faster that the GG300, the owner of the GG300 agreed. The GG is 3K more than the Husky in real life. You could freaking put Ohlins and a bunch of other stuff on it for 3K.
  15. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Looks like they might have took a little styling cue from Husky. This is the first time they have really appealed to me that much. I've been interested in the technical aspects of the bike, but they were kind of ugly.

If Husky sticks the 250 / 300 in the new frame, then I might just defect to GASGAS. At 5' 8" my WR is big for me, but my TE is TOO big for me to work well in the woods. Even if it had a 250 2T in it, it would still be a hand full.
  16. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

I don't get along with the wr250/300. I find them very different vs. the newer framed huskies in handling. Engine pulls nicely, lots and lots of power though.

Up here, price difference is not as big BUT Gas gas resale is bad...

Short list for next season is :

TXC or TE250...depends on gas tank size and if the efi is reliable for 2011. I really like the TC, but I need lights, 18'' wheel and more gas. Smooth little thumper, light and nimble.

Gas gas 250 (I need to try one out) Looks way cool.

Yamaha WR250 2T, if they make one that becomes my first option or convert a yz250 2t but not as appealing...too much to do.
    I may even take a hard look at the wr250F. Yam dealer is right next door and they tend to be regarded a very reliable bikes with good resale. Not sexy, but if it works.
  17. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is that swingarm black??? I assume it's painted aluminum? Or is it some other material? Actually it looks like vinyl wrap. If aluminum I have to imagine that will look like poop after a race season.
  18. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I raced all four size two strokes at one time or another,and can tell you they do have plenty of weak spots all over the bike,but every bike has its faults and thats why we buy them and tinker with them,the little 125 was great little light bike,they are tinkering with a 152 that is being tested now,looks like a very serious but handbuilt machine right now. the 200 has a ton of grunt for a small bike and doesnt give away anything to a ktm 200,but suffers from extra weight due to the fact that the 200,250 and 300 all share the same frame,they should fit the 200 into the 125 frame,the 300 has a great lugging motor but i found out probably like the husky 300,once you get tired it will try to kill you with the extra grunt,the 250 is considered the hot rod of the bunch and it rips pretty damm good,and very balanced,all of the models suspension does need revalving and springs for your weight,but I seem to have to have all my bikes done if I want them dialed in for my ability and weight.
    the older models(06 and down) were usually built with all types of fasteners,wich was a major PIA,I used to have my mechanic change the fasteners to one style and be done with it,the newer versions are much better built and come with more specific fasteners,they all handle sharp like a husky,have great brakes that dont boil over,never had an overheating issue on any of them,resale sucks,but buying used or leftover helps the buyer like husky has going for them also,they are a bit small for taller guys,but pegs can be moved down and I used risers on my bike,I think the Hebo clutch is the lightest pulling clutch on the market,they also were very smart and a ton of parts crossover to the big four models and even motor parts can be swapped out for honda/yamaha stuff
  19. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Very good info there fury1 and since I am looking at a 2010 Xc250 very helpfull, thanks.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Have you tried an 09 and up? I too am not wild over the older generation frame but somehow they made the 09 and up WR frame feel / turn more like the new frame. I noticed it right away when trying out PC's WR300 last year.