2011 GASGAS Two Strokes

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by MOTORHEAD, Jul 14, 2010.

1. JRD Husqvarna

From a GasGas owners perspective, I find it good to see what Husky lovers think about the brand I ride... I do love my GasGas but I look at other brands as well whenever I want a new bike. And I'm sure other people do the same thing even if they own a Husqvarna... I think it would be very closed minded if you didn't have healthy discussion about other bikes being released in the news...
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL :thumbsup:
  3. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I wish. Hard to find them. :D
  4. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

I was being glib.

Based on market share alone KTM is EVERYONE's competition. They offer an incredible range of models and they produce a really good bike. I have owned KTM in the past and I like features of their current line up.

I still believe that Gas Gas offers more of an alternative to a Husky owner than a KTM. Husky owners are not afraid to buy a brand with less market presence and a smaller dealer presence. Husky owners like the idea of riding a 'boutique' bike and not being part of the herd. The Gas Gas excels in the same type of riding as the Husky and offers similar features in a different package.

IMO if I were in the market for a new bike the Gas Gas would be a serious contender to replace my Husky. I would also consider a TM. The Gas Gas would get the nod because I like a 6 speed gear box. I like having a bike that is a bit different. The Husky is very attractive because you get a lot of motorcycle for an attractive price. With the money saved I can get the suspension tailored to me. If I buy a KTM I still have to shell out cash to get the suspension fixed. The Gas Gas unfortunately doesn't appear any better in that category.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Husqvarna and Gas Gas both Latin beauties.
    Ivan Cervantes on G-G for 2011 in E3!!
    The new Gassers look so friggan sexy.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

shhhh....I am not supposed to know it until tomorrow, but my wife ordered me a new 2010 GG 300!
  7. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

John...how tall are you?
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

All of 5' - 7 1/2" 30" inseam. See why the lower GG looks so attractive to me?
  9. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep...attractive to me too!
  10. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

5'11" and a 30" inseam here ....
    The gasser will work perfect for you in that department!!
    Now your going to have to start hanging out over on Gas Gas rider!!
  11. Skoalman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 & 83 HUS 430WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Maico, Penton, KTM, DKW, Rokon, BUL
    Skid I've got about the same vitals stats as you....And as much I love my 08 KTM 250 XC, which has been set up perfectly for me, I can't keep my eyes (at least my good one) off of the GG bikes...Does Are there any dealers in MD, DE, VA, PA region? I'd love to test ride one.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You'll be back :D Two of my friends have done this and want back on Husky. :cool:
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

14. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    As much as I've loved all the GG's I've ever gotten the chance to ride, I just never could push myself over the edge to actually buy one. Way too much money and the factory/dealer support in the USA makes Husky look like Harley Davidson.
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  16. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I will be picking up my new 300 XC/EC in the morning. Robert it's not as sexy looking as the Nambotin link you posted but she still looks sweet to me. BTW I still have my Husky and my son has his so I am still a big time Husky fan. LOL it will be the first GG I've ever seen in person.
  17. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

what about the other way around??
  18. Trailridernut Husqvarna
    A Class

Why not have both?:cheers:
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I'm a pretty loyal Husky guy, but I was ready to jump to GasGas in '05, when Husky stopped importing 2 strokes and I thought it might be a permanent thing. If GG does a 150 2 stroke, I'd like to ride it for sure.:cheers:
  20. gem Husqvarna
    A Class

I went from Husky to Gas Gas and back to Husky (Trials bikes not included. Trials I went from Gas Gas to Beta.)

Lookin' at the new Gas Gas has me thinking I could go Gas Gas again tho'.
    That is how close I think they are, I would alternate between Husky and Gas Gas.